Marvel All-in-One PSD (Don't Poke Fun, This is Serious Business)

Started by AfghanAnt, January 22, 2009, 07:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

What happened to not taking this thread seriously? I know that I'm not a real skinner, and I admit to not having any artistic ability, but I thought I had at least a little bit of humor and sarcasm somewhere inside me.

AfghanAnt

I wasn't being serious because the internetz already has the job.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GogglesPizanno

deano_ue

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 23, 2009, 10:32:41 AM
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANUTS

OK Answer me this.
How did Peanuts become the defacto "default" when talking about nuts?
They are in my mind one of the weakest of the nuts..

Why not cashews, they are interesting to look at AND delicious.
Or Pistachios... Its a Green nut!! And nobody seems bothered by it!!

cmdrkoenig67

daglob

I wasn't taking it too seriously because think of the minimum requirement to actually load the thing and then the time it would take to use it.

Zivon23

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Gremlin

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on January 23, 2009, 04:27:05 PM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 23, 2009, 10:32:41 AM
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANUTS

OK Answer me this.
How did Peanuts become the defacto "default" when talking about nuts?
They are in my mind one of the weakest of the nuts..

Why not cashews, they are interesting to look at AND delicious.
Or Pistachios... Its a Green nut!! And nobody seems bothered by it!!

Agreed! They're not even nuts, really, they're legumes! Like beans!

I support the promotion of the pecan. It's buttery, slightly sweet, has a terrific depth of flavor when toasted, and goes phenomenally with poultry, vegetables, fruit, and a variety of other foods. I have a pecan pie recipe that would knock your socks off.

detourne_me

Pecans are great nuts... but I'd say Almonds should be the default nuts.they are jusrt slightly less generic than peanuts. 
Walnuts are my favorite by the way... and i feel as though everyone picture walnuts when they say someone is nuts.... think about it...
walnuts look like little tiny brains inside.   on the outside the big honking nuts.

docdelorean88

Nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went...
Spoiler
nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went.. Okay you get the picture... NUTS! :lol:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Gremlin

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 24, 2009, 11:03:16 PM
Nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went...
Spoiler
nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went... nuts, nuts, i like nuts wallnuts, peanuts even cashews. But, not almonds, almonds drive me Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Crazy. I was Crazy once, they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and they went.. Okay you get the picture... NUTS! :lol:

... :mellow:

UnkoMan

Man, I am so sad I wasn't around when people were arguing. Not that I would have posted, but I might have bothered to keep up with the thread. As it stands, I have to go with the old "too long, didn't read."

But I've got to say... Wallnuts? Really doc? I don't like any nut that makes itself too difficult to get to. I tolerate pistachios only because they are so delicious.

Spring Heeled Jack

All humor aside, what did I miss? As a former skinner, I'm interested to hear what the argument was. And why everyone's still hot under the collar.

UnkoMan

Yeah, I actually have no idea what the problem is either. I wish somebody could explain it simply to me.

Something about Benton's DCU thing, which he clearly stated from the begining would be the place to find all his versions of every hero in the DC universe, using his own hero files and his favourite skins/meshs for them... having too much skins/meshes? Is that correct?

tommyboy

Unko's summary is broadly right, there were other issues raised along the way too.
The thread is still there if you care to read it. The trouble starts on this page,
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=49033.120
Read it, and weep.

The Hitman

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 26, 2009, 06:42:58 PM
... having too much skins/meshes? Is that correct?

In so many words, yep. And that's all you'll hear from me on the subject.

Walnuts, I like. Half the fun is gettin' into the dang thing.

EDIT: Ahhh, ninja'd!  :ph34r:

tommyboy

Quote from: The Hitman on January 26, 2009, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: UnkoMan on January 26, 2009, 06:42:58 PM
... having too much skins/meshes? Is that correct?

In so many words, yep. And that's all you'll hear from me on the subject.

Walnuts, I like. Half the fun is gettin' into the dang thing.

EDIT: Ahhh, ninja'd!  :ph34r:

Yessss!
Finally I am the ninja, not the ninjee!
Sorry, been ninja'd by Podmark a lot of late..

UnkoMan

I'm glad I finally got to see the post to start the arguement. At least now it makes sense. I have to say, trying to read through the arguements from the end had me confused as to why there were arguements in the first place. Now I can see both sides.

Uhh... but I guess I shouldn't post about this, because I don't want to make any more heat.

So now I'm going. I've got a news show to work on. Good day.

Vertex

A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

AfghanAnt

There is only one image that expresses what I feel about this community and all hatred.

Too bad, I keep letting my feelings and personal values get twisted in all this disagreements but to be fair it is hard not to take things personal when people are attacking you directly because your opinion is not theirs.

Johnny Patches

Gremlin

docdelorean88

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 25, 2009, 05:35:57 PM
Man, I am so sad I wasn't around when people were arguing. Not that I would have posted, but I might have bothered to keep up with the thread. As it stands, I have to go with the old "too long, didn't read."

But I've got to say... Wallnuts? Really doc? I don't like any nut that makes itself too difficult to get to. I tolerate pistachios only because they are so delicious.
That was a joke that my friends used to drive me Nuts( nuts i like nuts, wallnuts peanuts even... okay you really get it this time!) with. I just thought i would drive you guys nuts too! :lol:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Podmark

Quote from: tommyboy on January 26, 2009, 06:53:58 PM
Yessss!
Finally I am the ninja, not the ninjee!
Sorry, been ninja'd by Podmark a lot of late..

*hides in the shadows waiting to strike*
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bearded

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 26, 2009, 07:04:10 PM
Too bad, I keep letting my feelings and personal values get twisted in all this disagreements but to be fair it is hard not to take things personal when people are attacking you directly because your opinion is not theirs.
i wish to publically apologize to AfghanAnt. what i was responding to was the anger and hostility, and the words of an individual in the chatroom, and blanket labeled everyone involved, lumping ppl together in a group.  i'm not honestly clear on who is on which 'side'.
in fact, i've had several ppl from either 'side' pm me debate points.  and i admit, it is true, i don't understand most of them, they are over my head.  they sound like gibberish.  what i was responding to was the anger and hostility.
i want to respect the wishes and leave this alone, not for a month, but forever.  when i read a post that makes me think i have caused pain or dismay, i must respond.
i'm not a good person.  i try to be a good person.
on another note, i feel i may have offended ppl with a recent comment 'the lunatics run the asylum.'  i meant it lightly.  honestly, i don't know who is running the asylum.

(quick edit:  i am apologizing to whoever took the term lunatic seriously.)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: bearded on January 27, 2009, 07:50:56 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 26, 2009, 07:04:10 PM
i wish to publically apologize to AfghanAnt. what i was responding to was the anger and hostility, and the words of an individual in the chatroom, and blanket labeled everyone involved, lumping ppl together in a group.  i'm not honestly clear on who is on which 'side'.
in fact, i've had several ppl from either 'side' pm me debate points.  and i admit, it is true, i don't understand most of them, they are over my head.  they sound like gibberish.  what i was responding to was the anger and hostility.
i want to respect the wishes and leave this alone, not for a month, but forever.  when i read a post that makes me think i have caused pain or dismay, i must respond.
i'm not a good person.  i try to be a good person.
on another note, i feel i may have offended ppl with a recent comment 'the lunatics run the asylum.'  i meant it lightly.  honestly, i don't know who is running the asylum.

(quick edit:  i am apologizing to whoever took the term lunatic seriously.)

Bearded, it wasn't you who essentially hurt my feeling (if I did indeed have those things, which I most certainly did not). If anything I think people owe IPS an apology for all the name calling and hate this is going his way because he has a different opinion but whatever. I can't wait to see how this ends because all I see is
Spoiler
on the way.

Cyber Burn

I really hope that it doesn't come to that AA. These boards are really the only escape I have from the frustrations of life. I know that a lot of hurtfull things have been said, but I hope that the community as a whole can put aside their personal feelings and find a way to make the community thrive. Personally, after all of the events in my life within the last year, I have begun to not only realize my own mortality, but also have come to realize that life is just too short. There is not enough time in life to hold on to the current negativity. I don't want to see the community to fall apart, and hope others feel the same way.

And bearded, I take great pride in being a Lunatic, I just need an asylum to run.