Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Green Lantern: Blackest Night ***SPOILERS***

Started by Midnite, January 22, 2009, 08:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder

marhawkman

Green here.

I suspect the survey has a priority for the answers. If you're equally qualified for two or more it gives you the one with the highest priority.

As a test I managed to get orange by always choosing the last answer. (4%)
I got Red by using the second(and third) to last. (it's listed as 2%)
Blue as choice 4 on everything. (16%)
choice 3 (or 1) give Green. (44%)
choice 2 is indigo. (16%)
I managed to get star sapphire by cycling through the answers starting at one. (11%)
7532137451 got yellow. (3%)

Huh? 44+16+16+2+4+11+3=96 Must be a rounding issue.

Mahu

Quote from: Spring Heeled Jack on February 12, 2009, 03:37:58 PM
Green Lantern here. When I was a kid, a Green Lantern was all you needed. :)

Really, can someone clarify why all these other colors are necessary? I mean, what do they represent as opposed to GLs? They have different objectives?

Yes, they have different objectives and there are several reasons why the story line is good rather then "different color means different enemies" of the past.

First they show the contrast between the guardians methods and why they act the way they do.

Second, it is a great allegory on how the forces of those emotions affect our lives. It is a great cautionary tale to never let any one perspective "color" our actions.

Third, it is a great "character study" of these emotion. Red Lanterns are mindless beserkers, Yellow lanterns are sadistic, Blue Lanterns are almost blinded by faith,

Forth, they are a representation of life, whic I am sure plays into the theme of Blackest Night where Death becomes the enemy.
"I feel they owe me." -Comic Book Guy
"They gave you thousands of hours of quality entertainment for free. If anything you owe them." - Bart
"Worst Episode Ever." -Comic Book Guy
[img]http://www.stkp.com/FF/FWBUTTONS/hamsterbutton.gif[/img][url

The_Baroness

ohhhh i'm indigo.... i though i would be  a star sapphire...  :doh:

anyway...indigo is cool :)

NeoDarke

Quote from: The_Baroness on February 14, 2009, 11:25:17 AM
ohhhh i'm indigo.... i though i would be  a star sapphire...  :doh:

anyway...indigo is cool :)

Same. Granted, out of all of the Lantern's, I think Indigo truly is the only one that suits me.
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

livewyre1014

Hope burns Blue for me...I thought I'de be green, but the internet don't lie...right?

The Hitman

Y'see, I don't get that. How can Batman be a Black Lantern if he isn't dead, just time- displaced? And, for that matter, how can Batman be dead and a skelleton in the prestent if he's alive in the future?! HUH!?!

*explodes*

deano_ue

I really want to get into this story but it's near impossible to get any GL issue in my comic shop

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on April 20, 2009, 07:40:40 PM
Y'see, I don't get that. How can Batman be a Black Lantern if he isn't dead, just time- displaced? And, for that matter, how can Batman be dead and a skelleton in the prestent if he's alive in the future?! HUH!?!

*explodes*

I'm not sure if this is correct but the Omega Sanction sends him backwards in time, so maybe the body is Batman dead - but Batman is still alive in the past. So he could come back as a Black Lantern because in the present he is dead.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Torch

The light within your heart must not go out! Join the Star Sapphires and save love like yours across the cosmos. Show others the joy it brought you. Remember, follow your heart.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let all who worship evil's might,
beware my power - Star Sapphire's Light!

Hmm.  Not bad, not bad.  :P

Also, check this out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h1yAArJe8c&feature=player_embedded

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI'm not sure if this is correct but the Omega Sanction sends him backwards in time, so maybe the body is Batman dead - but Batman is still alive in the past. So he could come back as a Black Lantern because in the present he is dead.

According to wikipedia, the Omega Sanction causes Batman to die and reincarnate repeatedly, with every life being worse than the last.  As a result, he would already be dead countless of times, including the present.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

daglob

Actually, I figure that if Batman were dead, he'd change in his blue and gray costume for a green and white one. And he'd still wear his bat ears under his hood. (Check out my skins thread).

cmdrkoenig67

I'm a Green Lantern too (and I'm currently wearing my green jammies...LOL!)...I like green.

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/result/6281401/5328039/

Dana

The Hitman

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on April 21, 2009, 04:04:52 AM
According to wikipedia, the Omega Sanction causes Batman to die and reincarnate repeatedly, with every life being worse than the last.  As a result, he would already be dead countless of times, including the present.

Well, I was under the impression that he was shot into the future, as the old man that died in the cave with Bats was a grown- up Kammandi, the Last Boy. But, your explainations make sense. Thanks.

Midnite

:spoiler:

Hi-Res Scans

Spoiler

Glitch Girl

Orange is coming up as a dead link for me.

And Sluggy Freelance fans, is it just me or does Red Lantern Dex-Starr remind you of "KITTEN"?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

deano_ue

this si going to kick all kinds of arse

so far i know of coming back

earth 2 supes
mirror master
aquaman
john johnz(sp)

i get thefeeling we may see ted kord, and a bunch more dead villians

clownprince

Cool blue all the way!   :thumbup: and this is one of those events i hate. they  make me want to buy comics again. :wub:

GhostMachine

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on April 23, 2009, 07:43:54 PM

earth 2 supes
mirror master
aquaman
john johnz(sp)

One of the dead heroes rumored to be a Black Lantern is the Ronnie Raymond Firestorm.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: GhostMachine on April 24, 2009, 09:19:19 AM

earth 2 supes
mirror master
aquaman
john johnz(sp)

One of the dead heroes rumored to be a Black Lantern is the Ronnie Raymond Firestorm.

I haven't heard that one.

Midnite

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 24, 2009, 02:43:18 PM
Quote from: GhostMachine on April 24, 2009, 09:19:19 AM

earth 2 supes
mirror master
aquaman
john johnz(sp)

I haven't heard that one.

It was shown in Black Lantern #0 well his grave.

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 23, 2009, 03:39:09 PM
Orange is coming up as a dead link for me.

And Sluggy Freelance fans, is it just me or does Red Lantern Dex-Starr remind you of "KITTEN"?

Updated the link G Girl

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

marhawkman

Spe-Dog

Personally, I cannot wait for "Black Lantern: Jonothan Kent"!  :thumbdown:
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

yell0w_lantern

Well, at least they can't make Martian Manhunter any lousier.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

MJB

You "bah" at the chance that DC can/will/should re-introduce the one true Aquaman?

Why is that? I'm sorry if you don't agree with the story line but this is the only way currently that DC can/will re-introduce Aquaman.

I would think that you, BentonGrey, would be happy.

BentonGrey

I know what you mean MJB, and part of me is happy that they are putting steps into motion to bring back the real Aquaman.  Like I've said before, I think the GL books are probably one of the only areas of DC that make me almost want to start reading modern mainstream comics again.  They seem to be pretty well written, and the concepts they are playing with are quite interesting and engaging to me.  That being said, I think Aquaman deserves better, and I don't just mean with Blackest Night.  Aquaman deserves better than DC has given him for the last twenty years, and the way they squid-ified him and killed him off is just more of the same really.  I feel like, at this point, his return should really be something more, not just part of another event.  To repair the damage they've done to him they really need to reaffirm that he is a mainstay of their universe, and I feel like zombie Aquaman is going to be lost among all the other zombie heroes. :mellow:  So, "yay" for Blackest Night, "yay" for the return of some other cool characters that DC has slapped around, but "bah" that Aquaman is just another dead face in a crowd.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/