Midnite

Spoiler

E2 Superman and Martian Manhunter? Where's Batman? :lol:

Blackest Night website

ghazkul

KRYB!

KRYB!!!!!

YES!

And Earth2 Superman looks kinda naff to be honest, but it just might be the size of the picture. Indigo Lantern reveal is good to.

*EDIT* OMG! Doesn't he look just like the black guy in "From Dusk Till Dawn" after he turns into a vampire????

Vertex

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Spoiler
Martian Manhunter is a Black Lantern??? Damn it somebody change the system he's supposed to be green.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

detourne_me

why are the black lanterns wearing tight black t-shirts... are they supposed to be emo or something?

The Hitman

I'm just glad they're finally releasing a "GL Action Series" John. I steadly get closer to finishing my "Core GL" collection.

And isn't the black t- shirt style a nod to the Black Hand? Looks goofy, nevertheless.

AfghanAnt

Urgh I knew it was going to be Jonn and Kal-L. I was really hoping one would be Conner.

thanoson

Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 24, 2009, 02:16:15 PM
Urgh I knew it was going to be Jonn and Kal-L. I was really hoping on with be Conner.

But Conner is Nightwing. Is he?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on January 24, 2009, 05:17:51 PM
Urgh I knew it was going to be Jonn and Kal-L. I was really hoping on with be Conner.

Was that actually confirmed yet?

deano_ue

when does this series start, i read the sinestro corps story and then missed a bunch of Gl so what have i missed

Mahu

As a super GL fan (see previous thread) I am super stoked about this series.

Here is a quick recap of the GL story since the Sinestro Corps Wars (which everyone should buy and read, RIGHT NOW!)

Spoiler
Sinestro was imprisoned in a Science cell awaiting his execution. The Guardians enacted the "Alpha Lanterns", a sort of internal police for the GL corps. Basically a volunteer would literally become part Manhunter with a power battery replacing the more "vital" organs.

The main GL book went through a 6 issue arc that retold the secret origin of Hal Jordan. Most remained the way we remember this but there was some interesting twists:

1. Abin Sur was looking into the prophecy of the "Blackest Night" and what he found scared him so much that he couldn't trust his power ring when he was flying Atrocious (sp?) (the red lantern in the previews) to his prison on the planet Yaslmult (sp?) (the same planet that he heard the prophesy on). That is why he had a ship to crash land with the future Red Lantern as the cause of his death.
2. Young Black Hand was shown to be a little tooooo interested in dead people.

The Zamorons have established the Star Sapphire corps based off Love at the same time the Guardians wrote a new law forbidding love between Corps members. The Love Lanterns have been shown to be able to encase opponents in crystal, as well as the crytal they have on their head will show you your true love (which was interesting when Kyle looked at it).

The Blue Lanterns that where started by Ganthet and his love have revealed themselves. They don't seem to need to ever charge as their power is directly proportional to the faith people have in them, making them an almost science fiction version of Catholic Saints. Two of them where able to reignite a sun and they where able to do it on the faith of the people they where saving alone. They also seem to have the ability to charge GL rings to over 200 percent compacity.  GL was warned not to get to close to the main Blue Lantern power battery as it would cause his green ring to explode. (Hope reinforces will)

The Red Lanterns have popped up, thank to Atrocious (now Abin Surs original killer) killing everyone on his plane and using their blood to forge the Red Power Battery. Red Lanterns are described as almost wild animals. They are so consumed with their power, their blood is replaced by the red energy (which they cough up often). And their pwoer rings just say hate and rage all the time. Totally consumed by Rage. Atrocious really despises Sinestro, so don't expect them to team up anytime soon.

The two factions that have yet to be revealed are the Orange Lanterns (based off Greed) and the Indigo Lanters (based off compassion.

All that is known of the Orange lanterns is that they are based in the Vega system, an area of space filled with criminals that no GL may enter. The Guardians made some sort of pact with this system. Newsarama has had some previews of the Orange Lanterns and they are all based off of hunters. If you can imagine a trap door spider with a power ring, you get the clue.

The Indigo Lanterns are the ones we know the least of. All we know is what they look like and that they are shaman types based on compassion.
The Preview looks interesting. I honestly think that any and every dead character will be showing up as a Black Lantern.

"I feel they owe me." -Comic Book Guy
"They gave you thousands of hours of quality entertainment for free. If anything you owe them." - Bart
"Worst Episode Ever." -Comic Book Guy
[img]http://www.stkp.com/FF/FWBUTTONS/hamsterbutton.gif[/img][url

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 24, 2009, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: Podmark on January 24, 2009, 05:17:51 PM

Was that actually confirmed yet?

Not yet as far as I know. I don't think it will be until Rucka starts his Action run which stars Nightwing and Flamebird.
I got this feeling it won't be Kon, and I'll be so disappointed. If only him and Bart would come back...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Zippo

Am I the only one who's hoping that:

Spoiler
At least one of the earth lanterns will move to one of the other factions permanently? In the current GL comics, the Blue lanterns and Ganthet want Hal to become one of them (though he ends up getting a red ring as his rage towards Sinestro consumes him). In my opinion, there is not enough distinctiveness between the earth lanterns, and this is the perfect opportunity to create some.

What I'm thinking is that Hal might need to become a Blue lantern in order to survive having the red ring put on him, as the Red rings replace all of the users blood and removal of the ring = instant death.

GhostMachine

I sooooo hope one of the Black Lanterns is

Spoiler
C'hp

Valandar

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

murs47

Pretty sure one of the Black Lanterns is...

Spoiler
Erik Estrada

The Hitman

thanoson

Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

MJB

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

ghazkul

Lol, sorry. I was just somewhat hyper when I typed that.

Valandar

... I hate it when a character's "real name" is a bad pun, or their nom de guerre is a badly spelled word...
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

GhostMachine

I just hope they don't decide to introduce a White Lantern Corps to deal with the Black Lanterns. Although, if they did decide to go that route, I guess the White Lanterns could be deceased characters who willingly return - rather than being undead, which I assume is what the Black Lanterns are - to fight. Would be cool if Abin Sur (for obvious reasons) and Ke'Haan (due to what it would mean for a particular Red Lantern) were members, if they decided to have any former GLs as members.

yell0w_lantern

That particular Red Lantern is no longer an issue.
Yellow Lantern smash!

The Hitman

I'm of the opinion that the "White" Lantern...

Spoiler

... is going to be Hal, and it'll happen when he has one of each of the other Lanterns' rings. Think about it- he has a Green and a Red right now, is about to get a Blue, Carol Ferris could give him her Star Saphire ring (if she gets one, which is likely), and he's been influenced by Yellow power before, so he could concevibly wield a Sinestro ring. All he'd need is an Orange (he could steal one, which would make him worthy of it), and an Indigo (I have no idea), and BAMMO... White Lantern.

NeoDarke

Quote from: The Hitman on February 08, 2009, 03:17:45 PM
I'm of the opinion that the "White" Lantern...

Spoiler

... is going to be Hal, and it'll happen when he has one of each of the other Lanterns' rings. Think about it- he has a Green and a Red right now, is about to get a Blue, Carol Ferris could give him her Star Saphire ring (if she gets one, which is likely), and he's been influenced by Yellow power before, so he could concevibly wield a Sinestro ring. All he'd need is an Orange (he could steal one, which would make him worthy of it), and an Indigo (I have no idea), and BAMMO... White Lantern.

Or "Rainbow" Lantern, and he turns around and not only starts to fight for homosexual rights, but says he is gay, and has been for years. He was just living a lie because he didn't know how the rest of the Corps. and JLA would take it.  <_<
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

GhostMachine

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on February 08, 2009, 02:26:59 PM
That particular Red Lantern is no longer an issue.

Bah.

I was honestly hoping they'd find some way to fix her eventually. I have her first appearance, and you kind of have to wonder what the heck the Guardians were thinking in letting her be a GL, since she was a ninja and GLs aren't supposed to kill except under certain exceptions.

Still, Ke'Haan being a White Lantern if they went with the idea I came up with would be interesting because of his family being murdered after he was killed off.

(I should note that I've been keeping up with what's been going on in the GL titles through reading things online, rather than reading the comics - I still can't bring myself to read the books due to my dislike of Hal Jordan and belief that Kyle got the shaft.)

Just out of curiosity, is Pat Gleason still doing art on the GLC book? And what's the current status of the Green Lantern Corpse? (I hope I don't have to explain that....)

(I have a Gleason Kilowog head shot posted in my Comic Art Fans gallery that I got at a con last year; had a tough time deciding between asking for Kilowog or Arisia, my two favorite (living) alien GLs)

Spring Heeled Jack

Red Lanterns? Black Lanterns? Orange Lanterns? Love Lanterns?!

I used to like Green Lantern a lot. Even if I didn't read the books, I really liked the concept. But what's with all this retconning and stuff?

I'm hoping it all makes much more sense on the inside. In passing, it sounds overwrought and needlessly epic.

Blue Lanterns?