News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Use Permission Thread

Started by tommyboy, January 23, 2009, 12:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyboy

I, tommyboy, hereby state that anyone may use my meshes or keyframes or skins in a Mod, as primary or "extra" (ie not in the "story missions") content, provided that either my readme's are present, or that credit for my stuff is given.
This includes any "Mod" that may be considered a "Content Pack".
Just include credit where it's due, please.

I suggest that other creators also state their preference in this thread so we all know where we are.
And if it were used by enough people a sticky might be appropriate.

GogglesPizanno

Goggles says... Use my stuff in any way shape or form you want.
Credit is nice, but not required. Just have fun.

Cyber Burn

I don't have much to offer, but anything I have done is more than welcome to be used in any mod, just make sure the "read me" files are present so creators of the base skins and base meshes (if it's a skope) get their credit.

Valandar

A modified quote:

I, Valandar, hereby state that anyone may use my meshes or keyframes or skins in a Mod, as primary or "extra" (ie not in the "story missions") content, provided that either my readme's are present, or that credit for my stuff is given.

HOWEVER...

The following meshes by me are not ENTIRELY by me, and therefore can NOT be modified in any way (hexxing, nifskoping, etcetera) before redistribution:

Gundam GP01
Voltron (combined form, either version) - NOTE: Voltron Lions are allowed to be modified, they are original
Vigna Ghina

The aforementioned meshes were conversions of meshes by other individuals for other games, and part of the agreement I got to convert them was that they would not be modified from their current forms. New skins are acceptable, but modifying the actual mesh is not.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

BentonGrey

I, Benton Grey, hereby state that any of my voicepacks may be used in any way you may desire.  Please include a readme, but other than that knock yourself out.  Also, as for my mod, feel free to use any or all of the stories included in any way you like.  I hope that they can be used to help others learn their way around EZScript.  If it is helpful, a nod would be nice, but the important thing is that you are creating something.  If you'd like to create a story set in the DCUG, please contact me so we can discuss plots, but if you just want to use my work to tell a story independent from my world, have fun!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Why is this in the meshes section?

I, Afghan Ant, hereby state I don't care if you kill puppies and kittens with my work just credit Satan or whateverz.

Also this is beyond ridiculous and very serious (two things I actually hate but I'm just an employee here).

Edit: I was drinking when I wrote this and now I'm just drunk. Is this invalid now?

bearded

I, beardedinlair, hereby state that anyone may use my meshes or keyframes in a Mod, as primary or "extra" (ie not in the "story missions") content, provided that either my readme's are present, or that credit for my stuff is given.

and i agree that this being necessary due to one person picking nits over whether something is a mod or content pack is ridiculous.  a creation in the spirit of a mod is a mod, not a content pack.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on January 23, 2009, 02:40:33 AM
However let me add a new addendum.... While my meshes can be hexed, can be included in a mod that uses the character, they are not to be redistributed at another site without my permission. This means joe shmoe can't set up a site and include my work and act as though he actually had anything to do with it.

What if I add all your meshes to a mod but don't use them but I set them up in FFEditor and host them somewhere, does that count?

Again I'm drunk and I can not be held accountable for my smartass ways in this state.

tommyboy

Quote from: Vertex on January 23, 2009, 02:40:33 AM
I stand by my old standing viewpoint on my meshes.. once I release them they are truly released for whatever a person wants to do with them....

However let me add a new addendum.... While my meshes can be hexed, can be included in a mod that uses the character, they are not to be redistributed at another site without my permission. This means joe shmoe can't set up a site and include my work and act as though he actually had anything to do with it.

I REALLY had to argue with myself about even posting to this... since I see this new "release" form as a means to justify the breaking of the spirit of a standing rule. I then realized that in a way this is liberating, since this whole incident establishes that nobody has to follow any of the rules anymore.. because we've just proven.... they only get used when people want them to.

No, this is about establishing what the rules ARE, by letting the people who own the content, the creators, state their own rules.
Just like we had to do in the nifSkope permission list, and with hexxing before that.
The "Community" does not own my work or decide the "rules" for it, I do. And by posting this I am allowing other creators to state their preferences so that people will know what they can, and cannot do with the work of other people.
Is it perfect? No.
We will be unable to reach many to establish their preferences, and others will not care to participate.
And if there were already a written code of conduct it would not be necessary. But there is no code written that I am aware of, so this solution seemed necessary.
Nobody is forced to post here, or indeed read it.
Apologies to those offended by it, but it seems reasonable to me.

AfghanAnt

BLAH! You guys should just few chill out and realize maybe we should just stop all this silliness. It is really dumb seeing the same post reposted over and over again (my drunken post included).

tommyboy

Quote from: tommyboy on January 23, 2009, 02:55:54 AM
Nobody is forced to post here, or indeed read it.
Apologies to those offended by it, but it seems reasonable to me.

DrMike2000

I, Dr Mike Cooper, being of sound mind and body, give permission to anyone to recycle any parts of code or mission data which I've ever published for FFX, the Strangers, Tales of the Navigator or Patriot City.
All the skins I made are fair game too - full credits are provided in the form of an interactive cutscene, if you need to know who did what have a look in the dialogue file, whatever thats called.

Cut up my art and do what you like with it too, while I'm at it.

But be aware, if you use it in a manner which causes depletion of the atmospheric orgone content, I shall know....  :angry:
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Vertex

Quote from: DrMike2000 on January 23, 2009, 03:29:05 AM
I, Dr Mike Cooper, being of sound mind and body, give permission to anyone to recycle any parts of code or mission data which I've ever published for FFX, the Strangers, Tales of the Navigator or Patriot City.
All the skins I made are fair game too - full credits are provided in the form of an interactive cutscene, if you need to know who did what have a look in the dialogue file, whatever thats called.

Cut up my art and do what you like with it too, while I'm at it.

But be aware, if you use it in a manner which causes depletion of the atmospheric orgone content, I shall know....  :angry:

oh no.. don't get me started on you  :P I get my way and you're going back to work making mods again full time... too dang useful to let ya go. :D
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: DrMike2000 on January 23, 2009, 03:29:05 AM

Well there goes my mod idea....

The Hitman

Sure, I'll throw in. Use my stuff. Or whatever. No big deal.

billdamn22

Anything I create is available to be used in mods. As long as the read me is included and credit is given where due. My original characters may be used, but they need to be used in the way I envision them.

laughing paradox

Quote from: billdamn22 on January 23, 2009, 05:00:33 PM
Anything I create is available to be used in mods. As long as the read me is included and credit is given where due.

Yeah, what he said goes for me as well.

And hopefully someone's interested in making an Amalgam mod...

Johnny Patches

i really do not know if this counts for skopes..
but im in.. use it all as i used it,
id love to see my skopes in a mod..
makes me feel like i did some good..

cmdrkoenig67

Vertex

YO LP

I don't know how to put this.. I love your avatar pic there on the side and always have... but last night i was tired and reading forum.. saw your avatar and blanked out for about 20 minutes.. now I'm left hoping you didn't leave a post hypnotic suggestion  :wacko:
cause I don't know squat

JKCarrier

Any of my Marvel & DC skins are free for anyone to use, redistribute, kitbash, etc. Just give me a credit somewhere.

For my original designs (Justice Team, Fantasy Theater characters, etc.), if you want to do something with them please ask first.

laughing paradox

Quote from: Vertex on January 23, 2009, 08:32:20 PM
YO LP

I don't know how to put this.. I love your avatar pic there on the side and always have... but last night i was tired and reading forum.. saw your avatar and blanked out for about 20 minutes.. now I'm left hoping you didn't leave a post hypnotic suggestion  :wacko:

Haha.. you WILL do a custom mesh for me.. ;)

daglob

Well, if skins count too, I give permisison to use mine, and the few scopes and such I've done, and ask that credit be given to me and the people who originally did the meshes I've scoped. I also give permission, if for some reason I quit participating in the community, for those interested to post 'em, host 'em, and freely distribute them to whoever wants to use them, just give ol' Da Glob some credit. I had fun doing them, have had fun using them, and if they give somene else a little pleasure, then I've accomplished something.

UnkoMan

I give permission for my skins to be used in mods ONLY IF you are using them for kitbashing purposes, and not just using the straight up skin as I have it on my site. Anybody can already download that, so I prefer if you change them, and really make them your own. Unless I made the skin specifically for you to use. I mean, I pretty much just make original characters anyhow.

EDIT: I am joking by the way. Anybody can do whatever they want, as long as they keep the original readme files. If I don't provide any... well then tough cookies to me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I don't make skins or meshes, but anyone may steal, copy, alter, or rip off any piece of code I have written that is out there.  I believe the same applied for anything in FFX, as that's a pretty common FFX practice anyway.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Xenolith

I have 1 fx and several bad skins anyone can use.  Please!   :lol:

tommyboy

Thank you all for your replies.
I would like to stress that anyone can post, no matter what they make, and no matter what their personal policy. If you want to stipulate that your stuff only be used in "story" type Mods, or make any other conditions, that's fine too.
My intention is to get people to state their own "rules", I'm not trying to score points or stifle debate (though some of us have decided to wait a month till a "proper" debate on the subject).

The_Baroness

Well i have not made much.... and have not been active here for some time having some other concerns at the moment but concerning whatever i have done.....

i not only give permission to be used on mods... i will feel honored if anyone think my little work is good enough to be on one... so do as you please with it

EDIT: For my original creations would like to give some input on how do i see them, but that is a request not something that would bind you to use them that way

yell0w_lantern

I insist that my meshes and voicepacks be used even if other versions of the same character exist!
Yellow Lantern smash!

Vertex

I wanna know why I've never seen a Yellow Lantern!
cause I don't know squat