Why do YOU create FF(VTTR) content? (or just download it)

Started by vamp, January 23, 2009, 10:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M25

Like many who are still here, I create content because it is an enjoyable hobby.  I tend to only get feedback, some of it downright hostile, when someone is having problems with one of my tools, but I'm not bothered by it and I do my best to help out.

I did the AI, the rumble room mods, EZ script, the tools and all the rest because when I get a custom character's AI working the way I want, or can fire off a story and see it come to life in the game, it's damned cool. 

I want others to be able to experience that.

When I was working on the AI, amidst all the endless coding I created a speedster character.  After a few AI tweaks I pitted myself against it in the game.  It kicked my arse.  And it was damned cool.

After some time away, I can still write up a quick mission in EZ Script, generate the captions and load it up.  Even though I can practically see the code running, and every flaw and problem is painfully obvious to me, when the cutscene kicks in, the talking heads show up, kuertee's camera does its voodoo and then the action starts... the magic is still there.

And, you guessed it, it's damned cool.

daglob

I create stuff and download it for fun. If it ain't fun, why do it?

That, and nobody would do a Popeye mesh, so I did my own.

deano_ue

simply put i'm a selfish git, i knew other wouldn't do the characters i wanted so i might as well do them myself

yell0w_lantern

Sounds exactly like what a lot of us are saying about ourselves, TUE.  ;)
Yellow Lantern smash!

Vertex

well in my case don't  care if anybody has done them or not.. heck I don't  care if I've done them already .. I feel compelled, driven, obsessed to get them all a done by me as well as I possibly can.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on January 25, 2009, 12:11:07 AM
well in my case don't  care if anybody has done them or not.. heck I don't  care if I've done them already .. I feel compelled, driven, obsessed to get them all a done by me as well as I possibly can.

AMEN.

Podmark

I stated this somewhere before but I mostly skin to express my enjoyment of comics I'm enjoying. That's why you tend to see mostly newer characters/costumes from me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JKCarrier

Quote from: Vertex on January 25, 2009, 12:11:07 AM

Ha, I'm just the opposite... I consider my skins "placeholders" until something better comes along. As soon as AA released his NextWave skins, mine went right into the Recycle Bin.  :lol:

Zivon23

I do what I do here for two reasons.  The easiest way to say it is to steal Vamp's own words.

"You have all been a great community and I feel like were family here."

And to Vamp.......flak, flak, flak.  Too lazy to PM ya.  :lol:

~Z23~

Cyber Burn

I started because I wanted to learn something new, I continued because I wanted to at least give a little back to all the people that have been so patient with me. I would like to continue, but that's assuming I'm allowed to start over.

Vertex

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 28, 2009, 02:14:54 AM
   I started because I wanted to learn something new, I continued because I wanted to at least give a little back to all the people that have been so patient with me. I would like to continue, but that's assuming I'm allowed to start over.

I hereby give you permission.. begin!
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

chuckles

AfghanAnt

Before all the stuff that went down on this forum, I would have said I skin for myself (because that is what I felt) but I think I might actually skin for everyone here. I create in the hope people will enjoy what I made and honestly I don't think that is such a bad thing.

M25

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 28, 2009, 04:07:22 AM
Before all the stuff that went down on this forum, I would have said I skin for myself (because that is what I felt) but I think I might actually skin for everyone here. I create in the hope people will enjoy what I made and honestly I don't think that is such a bad thing.

Sounds like a good reason to me.

cmdrkoenig67

I have made content (maps, skins, hexes, etc...) for both  :ff: and  :ffvstr:, now I just make content (including mods) for  :ffvstr: I'd like to move forward as much as can be done with a game that hasn't much chance of a continuance (we are the only future this game may ever have).

I do it to see things I want to see in FF...Like characters I enjoy being brought to "life" and places that I can imagine or throw together to be used as battlefields...I also do it to give back to the community that has given me so many hours of fun and adventure.  This is the only game I play, as I'm not much of a gamer...I really love this community and even when I don't get feedback for my maps, skins, etc...I still make them, because they make me happy.  That was probably mushy, but I really don't give a crap.

Dana

Kenn

I used to do it because there were offbeat characters that I wanted to see skinned, as JKC said "if I don't who will."

I got about a third of the way through my to-do list.   

My skinning style fell out of vogue.   FFv3R left me cold.

Now I skin for myself, and only rarely do I download anything.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.