my next question: subtypes for FFvsTTR

Started by ElijahSnowFan, January 24, 2009, 10:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

hi, guys!

so, using some of the concepts i learned earlier this week, i've managed to enhance a few AIs and am now having even more fun than i had before, which is pretty cool.

now, here's my question: before when i had done some very minor tweaking of AIs in the original game, there were some handy subtypes available like, "higherstrength" and "lowerenergy" and "lowerhealth."

but, when tweaking AIs for FFvsTTR, i've noticed that not only do those not come up in the AI generator -- which is understandable -- but if i -- and i repeat i -- put them in in formats where i'm fairly certain they're accurate...well, it crashes the game.

so really, that's my question. are those subtypes no longer available in FFvsTTR? if not -- and going back to something M25 mentioned earlier this week but i don't seem to have in any of my documentation: is there either an updated list of subtypes for the second game that i can access?

thanks for any help anyone can provide; as always, it's appreciated.

M25

Those subtypes are still available, but you do have to supply a number with them. 

higherstrength 5 - means the character has a strength of 6 or more.

The manual should be in your ffx directory, and it is also available online at
http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/manual.htm

Look under M25 AI and then AI Tactics Doc, scroll down to the bottom and there should be a big list of available subtypes.

ElijahSnowFan

M25: thank you so much for your patience -- for whatever reason, my FFX document isn't as detailed as that. that's likely because  i installed it so long ago, files have been moved by accident -- i promise, i did look first before asking.

but most importantly: HOLY COW! i had no idea there were so many subtypes for the latest version of FFX! this is going to be awesome -- it's like i just bought a whole new game -- the explanations are clear and the examples are awesome.

in other words: THANKS FOR CREATING THAT!! :thumbup:

M25

TaskMasterX did most of the work on that document, so thank him.   :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

It should be noted that some of these subtypes must be added to other characters manually and has effects other than just the AI itself.  Characters with the adamantium subtype, for example, are effected by magnetism, even of the in-game material type is not metal.  I believe characters given alien_mineral subtypes trigger characters with the Vulnerability attribute and so forth.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

ElijahSnowFan

well, after pretty much a day of programming -- thanks to all who responded, and belated credit to Taskmaster X -- i'm just pretty much thrilled.

it's a little slower going at times because i'm certainly no expert, but wow...the things you can do if you're patient, willing to subject yourself to trial and error! just some amazingly fun times. it makes me realize, even at my age, that you can always take the time to be a kid again.

no questions for right now...tomorrow, though, i'm going to tackle my Holy Grail of AI: Batman. if i can get that guy to work "right"...dare to dream! (that one, though, i just might run past some experts if i run into trouble.) wish me luck!

thanks again, everybody!