Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 29, 2009, 09:16:29 PM
if your going for transformation animations, may i suggest

what you expected something different :P

I FINALLY get it...

THAT'S why his name is... The Ultimate Evil

WHY couldn't one of you guys tell me???

P.S. While I could certainly have the Prince raise the sword... if you're using FFX to swap bodies.. as far as I know .. there's no way for him to "complete" the transformation animation as He-Man.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

crimsonquill

Speaking of unique animations.... and Spider-Man keyframes...

I was thinking that I don't remember there ever being a mesh done for Peter Parker.. so if a vxmale3 could be skinned then he probably would need a take_photo keyframe wouldn't he? Ya know... picking up a rectangle shaped object from somewhere (around his neck? pocket?) then snapping a picture (pushing a button on the camera) and then putting it away.

This keyframe would also be good for someone like Jimmy Olsen or an annoying member of the Pavarazi Press for that matter.

The rectangle could be replaced with an old school flash camera, medium reporter camera, or a pocket camera... maybe even one of those spy cameras.

You could probably use this for a handheld video camera ("I hate YouTube!!" - From Hellboy 2) but an alternate animation would be needed for a television reporter camera because they are huge and usually held on the shoulder. And then you would need a hold_microphone animation for the reporter who stands in front of the cameraman. Wow, I'm making this complicated.

- CQ

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

deano_ue

Quote from: Vertex on January 29, 2009, 09:19:54 PM

I FINALLY get it...

P.S. While I could certainly have the Prince raise the sword... if you're using FFX to swap bodies.. as far as I know .. there's no way for him to "complete" the transformation animation as He-Man.

get what, what i do now *puppy dog eyes*

lol honestly mate i was going to the whole idea of the sword transformation, rather than a specific character, it was the best i could find

Champion 2 of 11

I FINALLY get it...

Well maybe it is, if Im not mistaking when the swap is made the new mesh appearing starts off in its Idle position If you make the Idle starting off where this tranformation animation ends(He-Man with sword horizontal in both hands) it will give the illusion of the whole animation going thru.

Vertex

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on January 29, 2009, 11:03:57 PM

I FINALLY get it...

Well maybe it is, if Im not mistaking when the swap is made the new mesh appearing starts off in its Idle position If you make the Idle starting off where this tranformation animation ends(He-Man with sword horizontal in both hands) it will give the illusion of the whole animation going thru.

One problem with your solution.. it's a looping animation ... and will be used for more than when he first appears
cause I don't know squat

BentonGrey

What about simply as a power animation?  Then you could use FFX to customize it as the anim to play before shape shifting.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 29, 2009, 09:23:19 PM
Speaking of unique animations.... and Spider-Man keyframes...

I was thinking that I don't remember there ever being a mesh done for Peter Parker.. so if a vxmale3 could be skinned then he probably would need a take_photo keyframe wouldn't he? Ya know... picking up a rectangle shaped object from somewhere (around his neck? pocket?) then snapping a picture (pushing a button on the camera) and then putting it away.

This keyframe would also be good for someone like Jimmy Olsen or an annoying member of the Pavarazi Press for that matter.

The rectangle could be replaced with an old school flash camera, medium reporter camera, or a pocket camera... maybe even one of those spy cameras.

You could probably use this for a handheld video camera ("I hate YouTube!!" - From Hellboy 2) but an alternate animation would be needed for a television reporter camera because they are huge and usually held on the shoulder. And then you would need a hold_microphone animation for the reporter who stands in front of the cameraman. Wow, I'm making this complicated.

- CQ

Bearded has a Jimmy Olsen mesh with an old style flash camera. It's in one of his groups and I have a copy posted at CO1 (I think). His ranged animations use the camera.

Vertex

wouldn't that make a lot more sense... as a cutscene animation than as a ranged anim?
cause I don't know squat

C4

I almost missed this.

I could infact use a lot of animations and since three of my characters are already using vx meshes it should help me a lot.

First I will chime in with the poster that asked for cutscene animations. It is very important that there are movement in the idle animations for the mere fact that have you realised how still our chars in mods are compared to FF? Its because for example in Alchemiss' idle she finger combs her hair, turns and does something else as well etc etc. The cutscene anims dont have to be idle can be idle_cut1 etc but yeah.

I would like more flying attack animations. And they need to fly/attack to the front then return to the start point. Also an anim where a foe is taken into the air would be super. If you want to get exact details and testing in private lemme know.

Because of my new flying system I can in fact do a lot of new flying attack stuff.

Then a smoke like character than can attack in interesting fashions like go to smoke form to behind a foe, reform, hit and return to start point.

a ranged choking anim like Darth vader.

Feral attacks like claw slashes, jump onto neck and bite. Roar aggresive, Roar proud.

Vertex

Quote from: C4 on January 30, 2009, 07:08:09 AM
I almost missed this.

I could infact use a lot of animations and since three of my characters are already using vx meshes it should help me a lot.

First I will chime in with the poster that asked for cutscene animations. It is very important that there are movement in the idle animations for the mere fact that have you realised how still our chars in mods are compared to FF? Its because for example in Alchemiss' idle she finger combs her hair, turns and does something else as well etc etc. The cutscene anims dont have to be idle can be idle_cut1 etc but yeah.

I would like more flying attack animations. And they need to fly/attack to the front then return to the start point. Also an anim where a foe is taken into the air would be super. If you want to get exact details and testing in private lemme know.

Because of my new flying system I can in fact do a lot of new flying attack stuff.

Then a smoke like character than can attack in interesting fashions like go to smoke form to behind a foe, reform, hit and return to start point.

a ranged choking anim like Darth vader.

Feral attacks like claw slashes, jump onto neck and bite. Roar aggresive, Roar proud.

Flip you off.

sorry on one suggestion/request there .. my 5 yr old plays this game (loves it) and me no makey flip off anim sorry no can do
cause I don't know squat

crimsonquill

Quote from: daglob on January 30, 2009, 06:15:11 AM
Bearded has a Jimmy Olsen mesh with an old style flash camera. It's in one of his groups and I have a copy posted at CO1 (I think). His ranged animations use the camera.

I'm only mensioning the camera animation for vxmale3's keyframes because some folks have mensioned they wanted a uncostumed Peter Parker that could still do things like climb walls, shoot webs, and still be able to use his camera. It would be typical luck for a mod or rumble room mission where he couldn't get out of his plain clothes gear to fight a few criminals that popped up during a press confrence. Heck a skinner could do a makeshift web mask and maskless version if they wanted to... or a bag head.  :P

Now Jimmy Oslen only came to mind because he occasionally gets superpowers but still must lug his camera around now and then...

Quote from: Vertex on January 30, 2009, 06:44:31 AM
wouldn't that make a lot more sense... as a cutscene animation than as a ranged anim?

Wouldn't a flash camera make sense to have it be a short ranged area attack? Those things were pretty darn bright. Modern camera only blind someone if used at night or a dimly lit room... or point blank just a few feet in front of the face.

- CQ

Vertex

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 30, 2009, 07:16:45 AM
Quote from: daglob on January 30, 2009, 06:15:11 AM

I'm only mensioning the camera animation for vxmale3's keyframes because some folks have mensioned they wanted a uncostumed Peter Parker that could still do things like climb walls, shoot webs, and still be able to use his camera. It would be typical luck for a mod or rumble room mission where he couldn't get out of his plain clothes gear to fight a few criminals that popped up during a press confrence. Heck a skinner could do a makeshift web mask and maskless version if they wanted to... or a bag head.  :P

Now Jimmy Oslen only came to mind because he occasionally gets superpowers but still must lug his camera around now and then...

Quote from: Vertex on January 30, 2009, 06:44:31 AM

Wouldn't a flash camera make sense to have it be a short ranged area attack? Those things were pretty darn bright. Modern camera only blind someone if used at night or a dimly lit room... or point blank just a few feet in front of the face.

- CQ

What can i say? I'm cheap don't wanna pay for a power to use the camera :P but I gotta admit in retrospect it makes sense as much as needing minuteman to defuse a bomb or (can't remember name cause he's such a dork) standing for what seems like an hour repairing his suit. So yes i agree it should probably be special or ranged attack.
cause I don't know squat

C4

Quote from: Vertex on January 30, 2009, 07:14:14 AM
Quote from: C4 on January 30, 2009, 07:08:09 AM

sorry on one suggestion/request there .. my 5 yr old plays this game (loves it) and me no makey flip off anim sorry no can do

Yes, you are right.

Gremlin

Quote from: C4 on January 30, 2009, 07:08:09 AMI would like more flying attack animations. And they need to fly/attack to the front then return to the start point. Also an anim where a foe is taken into the air would be super. If you want to get exact details and testing in private lemme know.

OOH yes. More flying melee! With C4's lovely Python-fu this would rock so hardcore.

JKCarrier

I don't know how useful it would be in general, but when I was putting together my Bizarro skope, I was really wishing I had some animations that were kind of clumsy and goofy. A silly walk, maybe flapping his arms as he flies, dodges that look like he's stumbling, that sort of thing.

Gremlin

Really dainty, graceful movement. Think a ballerina en pointe; leaping and only letting your toes and the jimmies of your feet touch the ground.

Valandar

Quote from: Gremlin on January 31, 2009, 02:11:25 AM
Really dainty, graceful movement. Think a ballerina en pointe; leaping and only letting your toes and the jimmies of your feet touch the ground.

And there absolutely MUST be versions for Male_Hulking and Male_Rotund.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

docdelorean88

I've been dieing for someone to make me something like the quantum leap effect. It is pretty simple, look in this video, it is the blue streams/rays of light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBwWAu2a5U
This could be used for a number of things.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

cmdrkoenig67

I'd also like to see some wacky/silly animations (for the big guys too, like Val said...LOL) and/or multiple idle animations (or like Tommyboy's multiple special anims) would be great for cutscenes (head scratches, butt scratches or scratching all over for hairy characters, hair-combing, or Alchemiss' finger-comb, sneezing, muscle-flexing, arms crossed, scanning the area around them, wedgie-picking?, Heck...Even nose-picking would be amusing)...And add some variety.

Dana

daglob

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 12, 2009, 05:39:13 AM
I'd also like to see some wacky/silly animations (for the big guys too, like Val said...LOL) and/or multiple idle animations (or like Tommyboy's multiple special anims) would be great for cutscenes (head scratches, butt scratches or scratching all over for hairy characters, hair-combing, or Alchemiss' finger-comb, sneezing, muscle-flexing, arms crossed, scanning the area around them, wedgie-picking?, Heck...Even nose-picking would be amusing)...And add some variety.

Dana

Yeah, gotta have that nose pick for Guy, an then have his head jerk up and he quickly puts the hand behind him. I mean who DOESN'T give Guy the knee to the groin attack if the keyframes have it?

Maybe some crude animations are called for, you know, like a backhand strike, or a shove, an ear slap, or grapple that looks like a noogie, turning around and sticking out the derriere for either a taunt or a ... gas... melee attack.

And of course "Bring it on..."

Man, the keyframes will have to have their own hard drive...

crimsonquill

If a vx_Blob mesh is ever possible.. I would have a melee attack that would be him jumping high into the air and then slamming down into a crater in the ground on top of someone (which looked so cool in Fall Of The Mutants when he sat on Wolverine for many panels until the claws were popped). Or make it an area attack for a Quake FX.. which would probably make more sense since most jumping animations never really end up matching up for it to look right.

And one of his idle animations would be him eating an entire submarine sandwitch in one bite or drinking an entire keg of beer or a super giant Big Gulp cup. Maybe have another one be him beltching or cutting a fart... his would probably clear a room.  :lol:

- CQ

Gremlin

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 13, 2009, 05:30:24 AMAnd one of his idle animations would be him eating an entire submarine sandwitch in one bite or drinking an entire keg of beer or a super giant Big Gulp cup. Maybe have another one be him beltching or cutting a fart... his would probably clear a room.  :lol:
- CQ

I think this would work better as a power animation. If it was an idle, he'd have to be continually munching.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Gremlin on February 13, 2009, 05:47:03 AM
Quote from: crimsonquill on February 13, 2009, 05:30:24 AMAnd one of his idle animations would be him eating an entire submarine sandwich in one bite or drinking an entire keg of beer or a super giant Big Gulp cup. Maybe have another one be him beltching or cutting a fart... his would probably clear a room.  :lol:
- CQ

I think this would work better as a power animation. If it was an idle, he'd have to be continually munching.

Good Point... not that an image of The Blob chain eating sandwiches wouldn't be too unusual...

And I'm also thinking of a taunt animation specifically for The Blob that would be him pointing towards someone then ponting into his mouth and then rubbing his stomach. Something like what Fat ambiguously foreborn from the Austin Powers movies used to say.. "Get in my belly... I'm going to eat you up... ".

- CQ