whats the chains i have to go thru?

Started by Johnny Patches, January 27, 2009, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Patches

i been working on a small mod.. go figure :wacko:.. with original story line..
my son and i came up with.. now my question is so i dont get any grief of any sort.
what is the rules?.. now im telling you guys straight forward.. im only use-ing 1 creator meshes
with that 1 creator meshes ive skoped alot of charaters and used all of the same creators parts also ..1 mesher will be credit for that alone.. save me a hassle also.. now for skins i counted
9 skinners based on how i could skope it with out having to frankenstien the skin (Kitbash). for the record no kitbash skins are in it. plus my skins ive done (not the best but its a skin) the basic FX pack and maps. and a few maps ive skope that..
now am i doing anything wrong at all? :huh:

tommyboy

Tricky one.
A week or two ago, no question you could have just released it like every other Mod.
Now we have the Spanish Inquisition to go through.
Sounds to me like you aren't breaking any rules.
I say a Modder can use work from any creator who has given their permission. To me, that seems so obvious, it hardly need be said.

Short answer, I don't know what the rules are anymore.
They certainly aren't the rules that were in effect when I released my AvengersSpecial Mod, or my LSH Mod, or when I started making any of the other Mods I have in the pipeline.

The Hitman

I may be wrong, but I think you're free and clear as long as you don't include any models that are not being used in the mod proper, i.e. special- super- hidden meshes... or something like that?

catwhowalksbyhimself

A small mod using original characters should not be an issue.  Go right ahead with what you are doing.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

laughing paradox

You're golden.

Release it! Póngalo libre!

Gremlin

That'd be cool. Go for it! Nothing wrong with original content.

Johnny Patches

sólo cincuenta y dos dólares y seis centavos
Sr. IPS es tan tonto mi amigo

daglob

Quote from: ips on January 27, 2009, 08:53:05 PM
i don't see why this would cause anyone any concern or cause a spanish inquisition.

But, as they say, no one expects The Spainish Inquisition...

AfghanAnt

JP if you need any skinning help, I'm willing to give you a hand. You've help me out a lot in the past.

Johnny Patches