X-Men 90s on DVD?!

Started by crimsonquill, January 29, 2009, 03:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Woo-Hoo!  I can't wait, I think I may go ahead and preorder them.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

TheMarvell

those covers look much, MUCH better than the prototypes. But Volume 1 is still way better than 2, especially since it actually LOOKS like how the show looked, whereas the second one looks completely different.

TheMarvell

bump.

So who has purchased these yet? I just got them last week and started watching them this weekend. The nostalgia is really sinking in. This was an awesome show and am glad it's finally out on DVD. Sure, parts haven't aged all too well, but regardless, I think it still hold ups decently. Now, if they'd just put out the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, and Gargoyles volume 3, I'd be so happy.

Xenolith

I was in college/starting my career in geology when these were originally broadcast and I remembered hating them at that time.  But, I went ahead and purchased them on-line recently.  I'm not sure why. 

They are better than I expected/remembered.  The animation is pretty rough at times, and some of the mistakes are laughable, but the stories are well done for the most part, and seem to make more sense than the sources material did during that era. 

I suspect some of my hatred of all things X stems from my time working at a comic shop where the owner over-ordered all X titles and every week I had to put away 30 to 40 copies of X-Force, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, etc.

TheMarvell

just an fyi, volumes 3 and 4 were released last week with the Wolverine DVD. Just bought mine off of amazon, should be coming this weekend. Support these great cartoons of yesteryear!  :thumbup: