Requesting some originals

Started by Gremlin, January 30, 2009, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

So, I've been kicking around an idea for a mod for awhile, and I've finally decided to get off my lazy butt and do it. It features all original characters, however, and my skinning skills are rather terrible. If someone would like to help me get this off the ground, I'd love your help. These aren't all of them, and the designs here are more like guidelines. If you have your own ideas, go nuts.

Graviton Billdamn
Empath Unkoman
The Gadgeteer
Speedstress
Patriotman
Stingman Billdamn
Sensory

Cyber Burn

I really like these designs, very clean. I hope someone takes these up.

billdamn22

I really like these designs. How quickly are you looking to get these? If you aren't in a huge rush, I may be able to whip these out in a month or so. Possibly sooner. Lemme know.

Gremlin

No rush at all, friend! It'll take awhile to do the characters and code and such. I can just use stand ins for all that.

Failed_Hero

I can definantly skope partiot man as I have similar design for Agent American, any idea what mesh you would like him on
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

Gremlin

No clue. Haha. Possibly a Taskmaster. Something with clothing and a wide variety of melee options. Maybe with a hair piece, too?

EDIT: Can everyone see these images clearly? They look really blurry to me.

tommyboy

I can see them.
Some nice designs.
Were I not quite so lazy and over-committed, I's volunteer to mesh one or two of these, and throw in a poor mans skin, too.
But I just can't see how I could do it anytime soon...

Gremlin

I threw on a new design for Sensory. LP threw me a fantastic skin of another character, Powerhouse, and I realized their costumes had too much in common. So...here he is. He's got a face and mask now, too.

Sensory Redesign

billdamn22

OK... will do.... Will have something to show soon....
Are all these characters basic size?

Gremlin

Quote from: billdamn22 on February 05, 2009, 02:56:43 AM
OK... will do.... Will have something to show soon....
Are all these characters basic size?

Sweet! Thanks! :thumbup:

Gravitron's a little chubby (I was pointed towards Unko Man's avatar mesh; it's perfect), Empath is pretty scrawny, and Patriotman is about male_muscular. Everyone else is basic.

BentonGrey

Good luck getting these skinned Grem!  They are nice, iconic designs, and I'm looking forward to the adventure itself. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

UnkoMan

My avatar uses Ren's Earth 2 Superman. I envisioned Unko being slightly hefty, and I think it's got a great look. Mine is even skoped onto male_basic keys.

I see you are using that basic design for Patriotman. I think I was probably looking at some of Ren's captain americas when I came up with it, but if you can skope it with something else that is cool too.

I, also, like these designs. What character creator is that? ALSO, have you thought of maybe not giving Sensory facial features for real? I mean, maybe his sense are beyond the need for any. Just a thought. No face guys always look cool, I think.

I might do Empath. Why? Because he has no body so I can just do whatever... Ho ho ho.

billdamn22

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 05, 2009, 11:03:02 PM
ALSO, have you thought of maybe not giving Sensory facial features for real? I mean, maybe his sense are beyond the need for any. Just a thought. No face guys always look cool, I think.

I might do Empath. Why? Because he has no body so I can just do whatever... Ho ho ho.
I like this idea for Sensory. Stay away from Stingman, Unko. He's mine.... :angry:

Gremlin

Quote from: billdamn22 on February 05, 2009, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: UnkoMan on February 05, 2009, 11:03:02 PM
I, also, like these designs. What character creator is that? ALSO, have you thought of maybe not giving Sensory facial features for real? I mean, maybe his sense are beyond the need for any. Just a thought. No face guys always look cool, I think.

I like this idea for Sensory. Stay away from Stingman, Unko. He's mine.... :angry:

Thanks! I used the Fábrica de Heróis, which used to be the Timm hero maker but was turned into a more generic, versatile format with an English interface (click the US flag, you silly Canuck!) Well, he definitely needs a face underneath (rather extensive secret identity planned out), but I think a Question-style mask would work really well for him.

Is it wrong to be excited that people are fighting over these? ;)

Vertex

I love that Fabrica de herois.. it's so much better than hero machine in my opinion.. now if only I knew how to save what I make.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Gremlin

laughing paradox

Gremlin's characters..

Spoiler

Translated into this

Translated into this

blobula

Wow, this red/blue chick is great LP !
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

laughing paradox

Thanks! I'm particularly proud of that design myself. :)

Gremlin

I really like the way her face and hair turned out from the first ones you showed me. They look awesome, LP. Thanks! :thumbup:

In case anyone was wondering, these guys are Powerhouse and Freezer Burn.

billdamn22

You managed to sneak some more up, I see. I will definitely do Alloy. :thumbup:
Stingman is just about complete. Just need to do some minor details and the wings. Should show him tonight.

BentonGrey

Cool stuff LP!  I REALLY like Freezer burn.  She turned out really nicely.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

Quote from: billdamn22 on February 12, 2009, 10:24:54 PM
You managed to sneak some more up, I see. I will definitely do Alloy. :thumbup:
Stingman is just about complete. Just need to do some minor details and the wings. Should show him tonight.

Haha. Yeah, a couple. I haven't posted them because I'm not 100% certain on the designs,.I feel that many characters of this new batch lack punch. They seem a little generic and I'm not sure why. And I have a lightning-based hero that completely eludes me. I can't design him without it looking really boring. :banghead: If anyone wants to give them a shot, go nuts, just help me figure out how to make them more dynamic!

Velocity
Velocity's back (ish)
Sol Vamp
Ashensoul
Lynx
Jean Poole
The Mystery

ALSO. That's great! Can't wait to see him!

billdamn22

Gremlin

That is SPECTACULAR! I love it! Thank you! :thumbup:

detourne_me

Wow! Stingman is great! i love insect themed heroes!

jtharris86

WOW   :thumbup: Im lost in words. Great job!!!

UnkoMan

Gremlin

Awesome skin, Unko! Thanks a million! :thumbup: And you've really helped me define the character with that look, so thanks for that, too. Haha.

billdamn22

Blah.....blah....blah.....Here's another one..... :P
Spoiler