News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber Skins

Started by Cyber Burn, February 01, 2009, 08:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Well, his crotch could use a... crotch. Seams and shadows would be nice where things connect. And I think you went a little overboard with the refl.

But the logo is nice and clean. Your colour choice looks good. The darker one could use highlights though. Keep working at it and I think you've got something.

tommyboy

Nice.
Unko's advice is sound.
The logo looks very good, and that's the hardest part of skinning this character, in my opinion.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 01, 2009, 06:05:31 PM
Well, his crotch could use a... crotch. Seams and shadows would be nice where things connect. And I think you went a little overboard with the refl.

But the logo is nice and clean. Your colour choice looks good. The darker one could use highlights though. Keep working at it and I think you've got something.

Thanks Unko, I agree about the refl, when I have time to redo the skin, I'll defenitely fix.

Quote from: tommyboy on February 01, 2009, 06:30:59 PM
Nice.
Unko's advice is sound.
The logo looks very good, and that's the hardest part of skinning this character, in my opinion.

I'll admit that I kind of (completely) cheated on the logo. I found a font that has, among others, this logo included in it.

Cyber Burn

I temporarily removed the refl files and altered the crotch area. Still going to do some more touch ups though.

Not real happy with this one, still needs alot of work. Both skope and skin.

tommyboy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 02, 2009, 07:49:05 AM
Quote from: tommyboy on February 01, 2009, 06:30:59 PM
Nice.
Unko's advice is sound.

I'll admit that I kind of (completely) cheated on the logo. I found a font that has, among others, this logo included in it.

I doubt many people completely freehand the whole logo. You've integrated it into the skin well, if its from another source.

BentonGrey

Hey CB!  Looking good.  That Hyperion looks much better.  That is a very big improvement with some fairly minor tweaks.  I agree with Unko, your color choice is excellent.  He's looking great!  The archer is looking nice too.  Who is he?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Wyatt_MacDonald_%28Earth-712%29

Thanks for the compliments Benton. As for the archer, he's the Black Archer from the Squadron Supreme.

UnkoMan

Yeah, finding a logo somewhere else is totally not cheating. You still used shading on it, and it blended in great.

I quite like that archer skope, actually...

If you want some tutorials there's this and this. I did one about seams and, I think, a logo one too. They are pretty old, but are basically the same technique I use now as far as I remember.

Cyber Burn

Thanks for the links Unko, I'll go through those this weekend when I have more time.

Cyber Burn

Still a work in progress, I have to redo the skope because I did something that messed up the gun. It won't disappear now. The cuffs on the ankles need to be redone as well.

daglob

Looks great.

But here I ma sitting here thinking that if you hexed off the collar and cuffs you would have a start on a Jon Sable.

Cyber Burn

Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate all the encouragement. However, there's always a 'however', due to family issues as well as classes starting up again, I will be closing up shop for a little while. Take care.

UnkoMan

Don't worry about none of that real life stuff. People understand. That always comes first.

I mean, heck, I hardly do anything FF related these days. (Well mostly because I'm so lazy)

But when you do come back make sure to finish this fella up. I'd love to see how he'll come out.

BentonGrey

No worries CB!  We'll still be here when you find the time again.  Good luck in your classes!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

tommyboy

I only just read your last post.
I hope real life is going OK, and that the classes are working for you.
When you have the time and inclination, you'll get back to skinning.
I look forward to seeing you continue to improve.

Sledgehammer

Good luck with your personal matters. Of course, that's always a priority.
Come back whenever you're ready.

Cyber Burn

I appreciate all the kind thoughts, I won't go into details, but I'm just dropping by for a brief visit. Touched up a few things that I had been working on, but nothings quite ready for release yet.

BentonGrey

Wow!  A Firestorm with the good professor looking over his shoulder!  That's too cool.  This is all nice looking stuff.  I espescially like the fellow with the Union Jack on his chest and the guy bellow him...I can't remember their names. :P
God Bless

Gremlin

These are cool. I love the rainbow lanterns. The S-shield on your Superman skins is a little droopy, though. I'd recommend shrinking or shortening it and pulling it a little further up on the chest.

WyldFyre

Wow! Firestorm looks interesting. Just a thought though. Stein always appeared with glasses. Maybe you could look at skoping some on. I agree about the "S" symbols too.  Overall though, great stuff.  Hope to see more.  Keep 'em coming.
For Freedom!

tommyboy

It could be the mapping on the mesh and the way its rigged that's distorting the Superman logo in that pose (and since they are my meshes I take the "blame" for that).
I wouldn't be surprised if in an "idle" pose the logo looked normal. It's because the vertexes on the torso are physiqued at the top to the top spine bip, in the upper-middle they are linked to the top and bottom spine bips and at the waist to the bottom spine and pelvis bips.
This means that in a pose where the chest is "puffed up" by pushing the top spine bip back, the front of the torso stretches, as does any logo on that bit. You can see the same effect on Firestorms band which seems to "kink" down just above the abdominals.

Cyber Burn

Thanks for looking out for me Tom, but before you take all the blame, let me double check the skin on my end to make sure that it's not just the skin.

I had definitely thought about the glasses and hair for Professor Stein, but that's a long way coming. Right now the second body is just alpha'd out, at least until I figure out how to detach the head.

The Shield is still a work in progress, I'm not real happy with the way it's turned out.

Again, thanks for being supportive on both the skinning, and personal levels.

Gremlin

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 03, 2009, 01:05:59 AMAgain, thanks for being supportive on both the skinning, and personal levels.

We're FR. That's what we DO, dude. ^_^

TAP43

Hey Cyber,

TJ's gizmo mesh has a head that is seperated from the body already. If you need any help let me know and I will see if I can do something for you.

Cyber Burn

Wow, kind of forgot about this thread.

Tap, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I knid of overwrote the file with something else.  :banghead: And I just haven't had the energy to re-do it.

A little homage to the justice League: The Vengeance Directive

Blue Bolt

Dragon Knight

Lightyear

Star Cavalier

Mind you, this is a work in progress (just like everything else it seems). I just felt like trying something a bit different, both in technique, and in design. I may or may not finish these, I guess it just depends on time and energy.

Outcast

I don't recognize those characters. So i'm assuming they are your original characters. Great job on these designs.  :agentclap

It would be a shame if you don't finish them.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Outcast on March 22, 2009, 11:38:50 AM
I don't recognize those characters. So i'm assuming they are your original characters. Great job on these designs.  :agentclap

It would be a shame if you don't finish them.

These are originals, more of an homage to the Justice League. I'll work on them a little bit here and there, hopefully get them finished eventually.

In the meantime though, here's another one. A member of the Minuteman Militia, a vigilante group that idolizes Minute Man, and violently guards Patriot City from criminals.

Cyber Burn

A bit of an update to The Minuteman Militia, as well as their leader, Minute Master!

Cyber Burn

Last one for the night. I used Nifskope to re-map the mesh, and gave it a new skin.

Also, if anyone wants anything that I had previously previewed, let me know and I'll load it up somewhere.