Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber Skins

Started by Cyber Burn, February 01, 2009, 08:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

The updated version of Star Cavalier.

docdelorean88

Great stuff burnt. I kinda picked up on your old justice league stuff and started my own versions in a different plotline(that i have yet to write). But, i still wish your stuff hadn't gotten wiped. Do you only skin tommy's stuff? Either way it all looks great.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

tommyboy

Looking good. You seem to be developing a lighter touch on the detailing, relying less on black lines to define costume details (which for comic book readers is the default way to define everything, because that's how it looks in the comics).
Keep it up, you are definitely improving.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: docdelorean88 on April 04, 2009, 11:28:04 PM
Great stuff burnt. I kinda picked up on your old justice league stuff and started my own versions in a different plotline(that i have yet to write). But, i still wish your stuff hadn't gotten wiped. Do you only skin tommy's stuff? Either way it all looks great.

What's up Doc?... Sorry, I couldn't resist.  :D

I do mostly skin Tommy's stuff.It's nothing against anyone else, I have madd respect for all the meshers, as well as all of the other talented members of the community, but I really like the way that Tom's meshes are shaped. Plus, I that gives me consistancy with my characters. If you look on the previous page, you'll notice a couple of skins on Renegade meshes, I also have a bunch of unpreviewd skins for meshes by other creators.

Quote from: tommyboy on April 05, 2009, 12:12:09 AM
Looking good. You seem to be developing a lighter touch on the detailing, relying less on black lines to define costume details (which for comic book readers is the default way to define everything, because that's how it looks in the comics).
Keep it up, you are definitely improving.

Thanks for the compliments Tom. I started doing the Black lines because the skins were to choppy, but I started over doing the lines, so now it's back to basics so I can find another way to clean up the skins.

docdelorean88

That's cool! Like i said, great stuff. If you are interested in any of my designs let me know, i have only made them on that fabrica de heroes thing. They are pretty cool. I'm thinking about requesting some of them made in the request thread. But, if you are interested they are your's first(just offering before i post a request).

Cyber Burn

Since my time is so limited, I wouldn't feel right taking a commitment I couldn't keep. Go ahead and put your request out, and if I can skin a few, then great, and if not, then hopefully someone else will pick them up.

docdelorean88

Cool. I will have to do it tomorrow sometime. There are alot. I mean ALOT! Well, okay, alot to me. Like 25 but with design variations out of the way it is more like...15ish. Which is a decent amount. I guess. Thanks.

Cyber Burn

Hope someone takes these on, alternate costumes for characters always makes them more interesting. As time permits, I'll try and check out the request forum.

docdelorean88

I have a hunch they will not be picked up, if only becuase many might require skoping. If somone can accomplish certain skins without skopes i would love it, but we will see. I'm going to upload these to my photobucket now, is there any reason i shouldn't? Meaning copy right stuff...

Cyber Burn

i've started your blue beetle, but it still is a work in progress.

this is something i had started earlier. just  something to beat on in the rumble room when i'm trying out a villain skin.

i like the freedom force logo, and i probably have already overused it.

Cyber Burn

The Crusher
Spoiler
Incrediman
Spoiler
Reinrassig
Spoiler
Black Falcon
Spoiler
Blaster
Spoiler
Death Dealer
Spoiler

Podmark

Those are some cool designs. I like FF flying guy and Black Falcon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Thanks Pod, I've been realizing that a simple costume works really well when the colors are right.

Cyber Burn

I actually forgot about this one. If anyone wants it, it's here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyber_burn_33_ffvttr_files/

AfghanAnt

Is the mask a meshed piece or just skinning?

Cyber Burn

The mask is added on w/ skope. I thought I had re-mapped it, but I'm thinking that was an earlier version.

Outcast

I really dig the original skins you've done so far. I hope to see more of those. :)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Outcast on April 26, 2009, 07:42:32 AM
I really dig the original skins you've done so far. I hope to see more of those. :)

Thanks Outcast. More are planned when I have the time to map them out.

In the meantime, Atom Smasher from DC.

And Microwave as a Red Lantern (stilll in progress).

Outcast

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 27, 2009, 06:09:58 AM
Quote from: Outcast on April 26, 2009, 07:42:32 AM

Thanks Outcast. More are planned when I have the time to map them out.

No pressure. I think i know how hard it is to come up with original designs. :)

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 27, 2009, 06:09:58 AM

In the meantime, Atom Smasher from DC.

And Microwave as a Red Lantern (stilll in progress).

Microwave as Red Lantern? Why am i seeing so many Lanterns lately?  :wacko: But an interesting combination nevertheless.

Atom Smasher is a cool looking character as well. Nice choice.  ;)

Gremlin

Not bad, but I think Atom Smasher would do well on a bulkier mesh.

Cyber Burn

I thought about a bulkier skope, but i ended up liking the way it looked in game.

BentonGrey

Some great stuff CB!  I especially like Blaster.  He looks great!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

thanks Benton, just thought i'd try something a little different

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 04, 2009, 08:59:18 AM

Last one for the night. I used Nifskope to re-map the mesh, and gave it a new skin.

Talk about a necropost, I didn't realize that it's been so long since I actually skinned/skoped something. I know this isn't the best skin/skope, but does anyone actually have it? I lost basically everything when my 'puter crashed, but this is one that I would actually like to have. Thanks.

Cyber Burn

The NEO: Cannon fodder to the militant group The Nazi Extremist Organization, willing to kill and be killed in order to further their Organization's goals of forming their own "Whyte Amerika".

I'm realizing that Paint.Net is really limited, I liked my Paint Shop Pro 5 sooo much better (darn you vista!).

Outcast

That's one really angry Nazi you got there Cyberburn. Cool design man. Glad to see you back with some original characters.:)

Cyber Burn

Thanks Outcast. I actually have a few others that I've been working on, so hopefully I can get some more preview pics up soon.

Cyber Burn

Here's the first few members of The American Defense League,the premeir hero team of Golden City. The members of the ADL have chosen to use the powers gained from their exposure to Energy X to protect their colorful city from the rising amount of superpowered villains.

USAgent

Those are some great designs for characters Cyber, pretty cool ideas.   Good looking skins too!

Outcast

I agree. Those are some very good designs Cyberburn. The skins are nice,clean and simple. I think it's got that golden age comics feel in them. I'm really like those logos on the Jade Panther, and the Crimson Crusader. I also think you did a very good job on the metal parts of their costume like with Mega Power and Crimson Crusader. And you even managed to give a sort of fur texture on Jade Panther's gloves,belt and boots!  Nice job. :thumbup: