News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber Skins

Started by Cyber Burn, February 01, 2009, 08:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Sweet slopes! That chainsaw blade looks gnarly.

Podmark

Those are some cool looking cyborgs. Great weapon variety!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Thanks, guys. This was something that Daglob and I had started over a year ago, that, unfortunately, I just really fell behind on.

Quote from: deanjo2000 on June 19, 2018, 09:45:37 AM
These all look really good :D
Great use of parts too. Is there a backstory on them or just fodder?

These are basically just fodder, but I really wanted to have a consistent look for them, which is why I re-used the same parts and the same Base Skins. Essentially to have a "Team" feel to them, especially since there are about 10 more that I decided not to delete from my Laptop in case I ever find time to work on them.

As for the Weapons, all are from one of my Weapons Packs, from the Mobile Game; "Call of Mini Infinity", it's actually one of my favorite sets, and there's a decent variety of Weapons in it.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 11, 2018, 06:21:54 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3skkow891yt8r0z/Weapon_Pack_-_Call_of_Mini_Infinity_%28Various%29.7z

I have a pic of the 4th Squad, on my Laptop, I'll try to post that later today.

Cyber Burn

As promised, a pic of the 4th Squad:

Cyber Burn

I know Halloween is over, but Mike has gotten my wheels turning, and since I've been watching CW's "The Flash" with my son, I figured I would combine my Avatar with the Flash to see what it would look like, and this is what came out.

spydermann93

That's awesome!

Love it!

Helix

That's cool! I guess I have to go make an avatar so I can play, too.

MikeB7

Haha, love it!  Mashups are wicked fun!  Your guy has a distinctive layout that works well with others, he's fun.   :thumbup:

Helix, Spyder - I would also like to see you guys in costumes!   ;)

daglob

Quote from: Helix on November 14, 2018, 04:17:08 AM
That's cool! I guess I have to go make an avatar so I can play, too.

Yeah, I haven't posted one in the Avatar folder all week.

Cyber Burn

Let me answer the first question right off the bat, no, I have not come out of retirement. But I have been sitting on these for quite some time (ok, a really long time), and I needed to let off a little bit of steam, so I've been trying to work on them a little bit at a time for a month or so now. This was a leftover Idea from the Marvel Legacy concept that Murs47 had started way back when.

Essentially, the Canadian government shut down all Superhuman and Mutant activities (Alpha Flight, Beta Flight, Gamma Flight, Etc.) in order to keep the American government from sending their Mutant Hunting Sentinels into Canadian boundaries. However, the new Black King of the Hellfire Club reprogrammed them to intentionally attack Canada, and bring all Mutants to him so that he may use his control collars to subjugate them.

With nearly all Superhumans and Mutants either captured or killed, all of Department Q's Guardians wiped out, there was no one left to fight the Black King and his army of Sentinels...or was there? Having barely survived the onslaught, Colin Ashworth Hume, also known as Windshear of Alpha Flight, already powerless, rebuilt his Winshear armor to simulate his powers and then began recruiting other Superhuman and Mutant individuals all across Canada to form a new team of Heroes, a new Flight...Sigma Flight.

Spoiler

daglob

Looks good. Heck, looks GREAT!

Cyber Burn

Thank you, my friend.

And all characters have at least one alternate Skin, some have more.

deanjo2000

I always enjoy more things from you. Will a bio come with the skins? I'm interested in their power/story's.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

naitvalis

Very nice assortment of maple leafs cb :thumbup:, but ...there is no need of a Sasquatch or two?

BentonGrey

Wow, great stuff, CB, with a really cool backstory!  Who are all of them?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That is quite the set and I too am wondering who each is.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I'm with them, that's some pretty stuff. And come on, none of us ever retire. I've been at this since before the hexing days. At best we bench but still think of ideas the whole time. I'm married to this game.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: deanjo2000 on March 28, 2020, 06:00:00 AM
I always enjoy more things from you. Will a bio come with the skins? I'm interested in their power/story's.

Individually, I probably won't go into backstories. However, I do plan on building Hero Files for them eventually.

Quote from: naitvalis on March 28, 2020, 10:46:09 AM
Very nice assortment of maple leafs cb :thumbup:, but ...there is no need of a Sasquatch or two?

I did think about both a "Sasquatch" and a "Box" type character, I'm still on the fence for those though.

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 28, 2020, 04:36:09 PM
Wow, great stuff, CB, with a really cool backstory!  Who are all of them?

With the exception of "Windshear" who was a long time Alpha Flight member, none of the other characters were meant to have ties to current or past Marvel Continuity.

Quote from: Podmark on March 28, 2020, 05:31:56 PM
That is quite the set and I too am wondering who each is.

Since these were all built off of Gren's "Imperial Guard" Meshes (with the exception of "Windshear"), once you see their names, it'll be pretty easy to figure out who the characters are, and then from there, you can pretty easily figure out what their power set will more or less be.

Quote from: SickAlice on March 28, 2020, 05:59:02 PM
I'm with them, that's some pretty stuff. And come on, none of us ever retire. I've been at this since before the hexing days. At best we bench but still think of ideas the whole time. I'm married to this game.

Yeah, you can thank Daglob for the other set that I have in progress, I don't know if or when it will ever get finished, but it's been on the drawing board for quite a while now as well.

So later on today, hopefully, I will re-post the Sigma Flight pic with the names of the Characters attached, along with a list of which Meshes were used as bases for each. That should give you an idea as to what each character's power set will more or less look like when I get around to doing the Hero Files for them.

deanjo2000

If you are going with a sasquatch character can I suggest a female.

daglob

Quote from: deanjo2000 on March 28, 2020, 09:32:48 PM
If you are going with a sasquatch character can I suggest a female.

Sick Alice did a Buff Female that might be a good starting point. I made She-Thing out of her.

Cyber Burn

So here's what happened, I had wanted to give these guys names that were translated into French. Some of the names ended up being the same as their American counterparts, some translated alright, and others, when translated, CTool2 wouldn't acknowledge their presence at all, so I ended up having to make some adjustments. By "adjustments", I mean I either slightly altered the character's name, or just left the American version. So who knows, maybe I'll create another team based on these Meshes, except this time I'll choose a random country whose language is different enough to make their names different. But for now, at least you can see who is based on whom.

Spoiler

Guardsman_Gren_JP - Windshear

IG_Electron_Gren - Electron

IG_Fang_Gren - Croc

IG_Gladiator_Gren - Gladiateur

IG_Impulse_Gren - Impulsion

IG_Mentor_Gren - Mentor

IG_Nuetron_Gren - Neutron

IG_Smasher_Gren - Smasher

IG_Starbolt_Gren_Modified - Starbolt

IG_Tempest_Gren - Tempest

IG_Titan_Gren - Titan

BentonGrey

Very cool, CB!  As you said, the names pretty much capture what they do.  Nice team!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

So I was going through my WIP folder and found this. Apparently, it was sitting on one of my Back up disks along with Windshear. Now I don't remember Skoping this, and I know that the Skin isn't mine, but since we were talking about Sasquatch, I figured I might as well post this. It's based on the Wendigo_Gren Mesh (Such a useful and versatile Mesh).

deanjo2000

I like it. I could probably do something with that.

Cyber Burn

Done deal, it's on its way.  :D

SickAlice

I like it a lot. Looks how he should look and especially you captured the essence of the character. That's usually my goal though I tend to miss the mark. And agreed about that Wendigo one being versatile. It's one of those unique ones.

windblown

That's a cool team! I definitely would like to see Sasquatch and Box join to it.

Cyber Burn

They are far from finished, but since I've been wanting to get these guys at least somewhat previewable for some time now, I'm just going to go ahead and preview them. Consider them the like what Beta Flight or Gamma Flight is to Alpha Flight. They are the Royal Flush Gang in training.

deanjo2000

I always get excited when I see you've posted in your thread  :D I like the skopes and the uniform fits. I do like your ideas.

spydermann93

Those are neat! I like 'em!