Green Lantern Live action movie

Started by Midnite, February 05, 2009, 05:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Gremlin

Campbell made me think Bruce Campbell. Don't deny that he would be the greatest Hal Jordan imaginable. =P

BentonGrey

Bruce would be the greatest EVERYTHING imaginable.....he would have been the PERFECT Platicman, but he's gotten a bit too old these days.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BlueBard

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 05, 2009, 05:49:09 PM
Bruce would be the greatest EVERYTHING imaginable.....he would have been the PERFECT Platicman, but he's gotten a bit too old these days.

Heck, Plasticman (if done right) would be 90% CGI anyway... why not Bruce Campbell?  Put his face in CGI and use his voice.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

The Hitman

I always Weird Al would make a great Plastic Man. Cal me crazy, but Weird Al looks and acts like the character, to me anyways.

Gremlin

I like Weird Al, but I think Campbell brings more theatricality. Yancovic doesn't really work well on camera--UHF? It was funny and weird but he wasn't as good an actor as he is a musical comedian.

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: Gremlin on February 05, 2009, 10:36:11 PM
I like Weird Al, but I think Campbell brings more theatricality. Yancovic doesn't really work well on camera--UHF? It was funny and weird but he wasn't as good an actor as he is a musical comedian.

I agree.

Though honestly I would watch Bruce Campbell's talking brain in a jar if it remained as entertaining as I've found him throughout his career.

Brain Jar Romance starring Renee Zelwoggar (I'm not even trying to spell her name) opposite Bruce Campbell. I'm not sure she does anything other than romantic comedies anyways.

Uncle Yuan

I think the writer got some spittle on my computer screen.  It does sound very cool.  But it's a very long road from screenplay to screen . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

BWPS

Quote from: Midnite on March 28, 2009, 06:37:25 PM
:spoiler:
Green Lantern script 1st draft
Well I don't particularly want to ruin the movie plot for myself. But I read the beginning, and short of some cheezy dialogue, it's pretty good!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

The_Baroness

Read through it and aside from some dialog its a good story...

Failed_Hero

I agree with baroness, the dialogue could use some cleaning up, but I was fairly impressed with scope of the story.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on February 09, 2009, 10:23:40 PM
I agree.

Though honestly I would watch Bruce Campbell's talking brain in a jar if it remained as entertaining as I've found him throughout his career.

Brain Jar Romance starring Renee Zelwoggar (I'm not even trying to spell her name) opposite Bruce Campbell. I'm not sure she does anything other than romantic comedies anyways.

LOL!...Okay, from now on, I'm going to only think of a certain actress as Zelwoggar the Terrible.

Dana

Mr. Hamrick

Renee does have a horror flick coming out called "Case 39" later this year.

and with regards to this script, it IS a first draft.  The dialog is likely to be tweaked in future drafts and, depending on who is cast, ad libbed on set.

House Quake

I think Reynolds is an excellent choice.

UnfluffyBunny

I concur, tho hopefully there will still be time for a deadpool movie >_>

Uncle Yuan

I'm not seeing it, myself.  I don' hate it, just kind of "meh."
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

The Hitman

jtharris86

The Hitman

This just hit me... Murs has gotta be pumped about this! I mean, this means Deadpool IS Green Lantern!!

bat1987

Not bad, still think that David Borreanaz would be the best Hal Jordan. Reynolds would make an excellent Wally West, but I guess it could`ve been much worse.

BentonGrey

WHAT!?  All of the names they've been bandying about sounded pretty good to me, but how in the world did they end up with him?!  Reynolds is a semi-decent actor and everything, but he doesn't strike me as anywhere close to the right kind of actor to play Hal.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

jtharris86

Quote from: bat1987 on July 11, 2009, 02:21:27 PM
Not bad, still think that David Borreanaz would be the best Hal Jordan. Reynolds would make an excellent Wally West, but I guess it could`ve been much worse.

Yeah, I have to agree. David is the better choice.