Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

Well...

...someone had to do a new thread.

I decided to enter the new costume contest at the last minute.

Check it out.

I'm hoping I win.  Until then, my girlfriend will never believe why I was taking pictures of myself in a gasmask and a trenchcoat at 1 am.

RTT

MJB

jtharris86

UnkoMan

Hmm... I've got a luchadore costume I like to throw on every now and then...
Is that THIS contest?

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 09, 2009, 04:27:15 PM
Hmm... I've got a luchadore costume I like to throw on every now and then...
Is that THIS contest?

I really want to see a picture... I really do...

Man this makes me think of Direwolf, I saw a picture of him once in costume. I think I have a copy of it somewhere...

UnkoMan

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on February 09, 2009, 09:35:53 PM
I really want to see a picture... I really do...

Man this makes me think of Direwolf, I saw a picture of him once in costume. I think I have a copy of it somewhere...

Spoiler

lugaru

BTW they are registering people for an alpha or beta or something. I threw my name in the hat, since I've done those before and enjoyed it.

DMenacer

Has any of our FR leaders here put FR up into the Guild Beta Signup yet?
I sure that we have enough members to add enough email addresses to it for a Super Team Guild.
Left to Right: Canine Crypto-Robin Hoodlem-Nurse Nitengale-Knight Star-Doc Medic-Super Sentry
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddwyatt/MyChars.jpg[/img]
Right to Left: Striper the Grimlin-Sargent Major-Demonic HellRaiser-Shogun Ninja Master-Demoness Diva-DMenacer

JeyNyce

Has anybody played the beta?  A friend of mine plays the beta and he said the you don't use the mouse in the game.  Everything is done on the keyboard.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

I havent heard back from them yet and I dont know if I will, I said I dont spend that many hours a week playing games.

DMenacer

So Freedom Reborn is not signed up for the SuperTeam Guild invites?

Its Apirl now and theres talk about a June 2nd release date because its been posted on one site.
Its also been posted on the Champions site that another wave of beta invites is going out next week.
Its also been posted of U.S. game prices of $49.99 up to the German game price of $100.00 for the final release price.

So it seems to me that a faster way for alot of us to get in the beta would be to sign FR into the SuperTeam Guild beta invites.
Left to Right: Canine Crypto-Robin Hoodlem-Nurse Nitengale-Knight Star-Doc Medic-Super Sentry
Right to Left: Striper the Grimlin-Sargent Major-Demonic HellRaiser-Shogun Ninja Master-Demoness Diva-DMenacer

UnkoMan

Well... I nominate you! No, seriously. Go for it. I encourage it. Maybe it will finally get me to put parallels desktop on my mac so I can actually play this game.

DMenacer

I wish but it will take one one the leaders of FR to do it because they will need all of our email addresses to put in the Champioms Beta Guild Sign up. They could use our email addresses from here to sign up all that have posted in the Freedom Reborn SuperTeam thread at Champions.

Or we could start a list of who all is interested in being part of the Champions Freedom Reborn SuperTeam Guild.

UnkoMan

Sure, I am down with that. I will throw my email onto the list.

It is jollyolly at hotmail dot com.

lugaru

If somebody does a guild I am in

lugaruclone at yahoo dot com

DMenacer

Is one one the FR leaders going to start a FR Guild on Champions or don't they care about it anymore since the next issue of CoHaV/COX is about to be released? I'm just wondering because if not, someone else could at least start it for us.

My emaill address is DDWyatt@Comcast.NET

BentonGrey

I am still interested in this game, so I would like to see the Beta.  I really want to know if they can achieve "action game" style gameplay rather than the usual MMO point and click boredom.  My email is username@yahoo.com.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

lugaru

Honestly I liked City of Heroes but I felt like I was "done" with it a little too quickly. You know, it was the everquest thing, I felt like I was killing the same rat only a different color when I leveled up.

This game looks a bit more modern, open ended and varied, so I'm really looking forward to it. For sure I will be recreating my city of heroes character (The Vocalist, an 80's hair metal frontman with sonic powers) and I'll probably start up a character called "Lugaru" as well.

BentonGrey

Yeah, City of Heroes entertained me somewhat, but I just don't find that style of gameplay particularly fun.  Some button mashing would go a long way to make the experience more visceral, in my opinion.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tortuga

At this time, FR members playing/soon to be playing CO are more than welcome to start a guild/supergroup.  We ask you not use the name "Freedom Reborn" at this time.

DMenacer

But that is what we are asking about, that one of our leaders start a Freedom Reborn Guild.

We can go join other guilds at are larger then the little one we would start but if FR started a guild there is a good chance it would be a larger one then what we could start with. All we need is for one of you to start it so no one else will take the name which is possible. You can set the ranking of leadership later once the game goes full time.

Alaric

Quote from: DMenacer on April 08, 2009, 03:55:57 AM
But that is what we are asking about, that one of our leaders start a Freedom Reborn Guild.

We can go join other guilds at are larger then the little one we would start but if FR started a guild there is a good chance it would be a larger one then what we could start with. All we need is for one of you to start it so no one else will take the name which is possible. You can set the ranking of leadership later once the game goes full time.

And I think that what Tort's saying is that, at least for the moment, they are NOT going to do that. I'd just respect that and move on.
Fear the "A"!!!

lugaru

My advice: just start a guild. Tomorrow we can either jump ship for the Freedom Reborn one, or be members of two guilds, or turn it into the Freedom Reborn one.

But for now let's just get something out there that we can mess around with. Perhaps a villains guild so that when the heroes guild starts we have proper menace for them. Or perhaps a guild for our weirder ideas, doing something like the X-Men where it is not primetime (Avengers or JLA) but instead of a collection of odd looking characters with strange powers. It could even be a role play guild, where everyone has powers from a shared narrative origin like a school for the gifted or factory workers in a facility that had a nuclear accident.

I dont want to come off as "all talk" but I cant start a guild myself, I'm not invited into the game yet and my girlfriend is REALLY jelaouse when it comes to me playing games so there is no way I'm running a guild on weekday mornings and for 20 minutes before work.

Figure Fan

Has the monthly fee for this game been announced yet? If it's cheap, I might play, but otherwise we'll see.

my e-mail is listed by my PM and whatnot.

RTTingle

I was so on the fence about the game...

now?

It can't come quick enough.

RTT

clownprince

electro

Just preordered from Amazon after the Video - A new Superhero MMO around the corner now it seems real :blink:

lugaru

Yeah, it's one of those things where "worse comes to worse it is city of heroes" which is already good, just not good enough to hold my attention.

Uncle Yuan

Wasn't this originally slated to be PC and PS3?  I had basically tuned this out because of that.  Now I see that it's PC and XBox360!!  I am so in.  I still have my 1st ed Champions rule books (with those ridiculous Mark Williams illustrations) in the back of the closet . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."