News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

You kooks with yer crazy high level characters. My main is still only 28 or 29. Granted, I don't play all that much, and switch back and forth... Still!

Anyhow, I've started picking it up again but nobody seems to be online when I am. Boo hoo.

Xenolith

That happens to me, too.  I only allow myself one hour of "screen time" per night, including TV and computer games, so I don't run into many folks while I play.  I don't hold myself to this rule on the weekends, but I still don't see many folks logged on.

Valandar

I'm on at pretty random times of the day and night... so I'd almost have to schedule something with y'all.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

BentonGrey

So, I'm trying to get back into this, and as part of that effort, I'm trying to get The Rogue up to 30 so I can feel good about going to Monster Island.  I also like to finish the quests I have, and one of those is Dr. Destroyer's factory in MC.  I need some help with it.  Bats, Unko, and I tried to take it out yesterday, and we got completely stomped.  Is anyone interested in tackling it with a full team?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Xenolith

Demonica needs these missions and Telios tower, too.  I'll be on tonight if anyone has time.  I'll even make a FR costume.

BentonGrey

I can probably do it tonight.  6:00 Central?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Xenolith

Werks fer me.  I'll be on until 10 CST prolly.

BentonGrey

Hey guys, we need a few more!  We're going to take a shot at Destroyer's factory around 7:45 Central, if anyone else out there is interested.
God Bless

Alaric

Figures you guys would do those missions on the one night recently that I was out... I've been waiting to get a FS team together to do Telios...
Fear the "A"!!!

UnkoMan

Me, bats and Bent did Telios the other day. Took a little while but we got it done. The boss battle was pretty unexciting, I thought.

Man, I woulda liked to be part of the Destroyer crew though. Got to get that done some how. I'm so used to just soloing everything with Corpse. Are there a lot more of these five man missions, past 30?

BentonGrey

Well someone, either Bats or Xeno, said they had three other five man missions, so probably.  Sorry y'all couldn't be in on it.  It was a lot of fun until we hit the boss, (at least for me) and then my single blade guy couldn't target him with any of his powers....it got really old really quick.  The rest of it was a blast, though.

There is talk of hitting Monster Island's Crisis today, sometime this afternoon.  Anyone interested?
God Bless

bat1987

There are quite a few left : Rhynoplasty, Viper`s nest, and Andrith on Monster Island, Mandragalore in Lemuria and Nemcon (my fav) at the moonbase.

I`m down for Monster Island, Lightning Bolt just hit 30 so I`m more than ready. What time?

BentonGrey

Let's say....4:00 Central?
God Bless

bat1987

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Xenolith

I need to tackle Telios' Tower, Death's Door, and Secret Reagent Man (I think the last two can be completed at the same time) and all three are 5-man teams.  Give me a shout if you have time to wrestle with it.

Thanks,
Bill

bat1987

Sorry I couldnt be with you guys last night  :(. As I told Benton, I had connection issues, turns out that my Internet provider had some technical difficulties. In their defense they were very fast and apparently they resolved the issue. See you guys ingame  ;)

BentonGrey

No worries Bats, we'll meet up another time!
God Bless

lugaru

This month I decided to cancel 4 suscriptions (two things I use as a translator, a financial service and Audible which I love but dont use that much) but I spared CO since they released that free update. If they keep it up they might keep my monthly.

BentonGrey

Cool Lu, glad you're hanging around a while.  I'm leaning strongly towards keeping CO for the immediate future.  However, I'm also thinking about taking some type of class soon-ish, either martial arts or joining a fencing club, and that fifteen dollars is going to seem a lot more significant if I end up doing that.  We'll have to wait and see, however, I have been enjoying the game now that I've finally gotten over level 30.
God Bless

Valandar

Meanwhile, I'm about to start up a MAJOR project. I'll still be on here and there, but not as often as recently.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

Xenolith

Nice to see you are sticking around Lu.  

Does anyone know if you can turn off the text boxes that pop up when you charge a power?  I have a hard time seeing what I'm doing sometimes because the text box is so large.

Valandar

Quote from: Xenolith on March 29, 2010, 07:41:56 PM
Nice to see you are sticking around Lu.  

Does anyone know if you can turn off the text boxes that pop up when you charge a power?  I have a hard time seeing what I'm doing sometimes because the text box is so large.

Dunno about turn off, but by using F12 you can at least move and shrink them.

Kommando

After dropping CDN $60 and playing less than a week, I've decided to cut my losses cancel my subscription.  I might try playing occassionally until I run out of time, but yeah - being limited to two maps and having to grind endlessly is getting old quick.

GhostMachine

Quote from: Kommando on April 02, 2010, 04:15:53 AM
After dropping CDN $60 and playing less than a week, I've decided to cut my losses cancel my subscription.  I might try playing occassionally until I run out of time, but yeah - being limited to two maps and having to grind endlessly is getting old quick.

You get access to the main city map around lvl 13. Then things get a lot better.

bat1987

There are actually six maps in total : Canada, Desert, Millenium city, Monster Island, Lemuria, Vibora Bay. Yeah you are limited at very beginning, but you lvl really fast at lower lvls. You only need to finish Canada or Desert Crisis to get to Millenium city.

Xenolith

Hmm, I thought there was far less grinding in this game than others I have played. 

UnkoMan

Me too. In fact, I never do anything other than missions. I tend to stay on a single map while I complete a story though, and sometimes it gets a bit ahead of me in level. That's when I realize I can jump to a different one, which is usually full of missions at that level that I can take to build myself up.

But yeah, it shouldn't take long to get to Millennium, however it took me ages to get to 30 and Monster Island. That's mostly just because I don't play enough and go on a million alts. And the costume creator. Oh man...

Hey, maybe you will get more interested if they ever implement a mission creator. I know I am itching for that. Now that you have the game you can always come back in a bit when they've added more stuff.

Kommando

I did get access to Millenium when I hit around level 9 or 10.  But the lowest level encounters I found there were L15.  Currently I am at L12 I think, though I haven't logged for a few days as L13 seems far away atm.