FFvttr: Multiplayer is dead?

Started by fosforo, February 15, 2009, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fosforo

I'm a big fan of the both Freedom Force episodes, so I'd like to try some multiplayer match but the server is deserted (ffvttr game).
Is there some player interested to a multiplayer match? Is there any server dedicated to this?

Thanks,
Fosforo

wickerman

Multiplayer for both games didn't die - it was never alive long enough to have  a proper death - very few people played MP ever.
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

BentonGrey

True, but posting on the forums is a good way to get a game together, and some people are still interested.  I might be one day, but not in the next week or two.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

fosforo

I think would be very funny if we define a few rules to handle the online match and a simple ranking system.

Anyone is interested?

Fosforo

docdelorean88

If someone can spoonfeed me through how to play(assuming it is different), then, yeah. I'm in when i have time.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Gremlin

I don't have much time, but I'd be up for a game sometime.

fosforo

What is your time zone? I'm in GMT+1

BentonGrey

CST

Anyone up for some comic battles next weekend, perhaps?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

lugaru

DOA, I'm sorry to report. It is a shame although honestly given the sheer insanity of freedom force it was too chaotic for proper online games in the first place. The only good games I played where against Electro, using hero files he made so they all followed the same logic and the same power scales as opposed to being min-maxed for ultimate destruction. Those where fun games actually, but I still think of it as a single player experience.

BentonGrey

Yeah, playing with herofiles designed for fun, rather than winning, that is what would make multiplayer worthwhile.  The DCUG would actually be great for this...except for the fact that FFX doesn't like multiplayer, and most DCUG characters use FFX in some way.
God Bless

electro

I'm down for some MP - Since FFX doesn't work i can make some files stricly for MP & I agree that the hero files should be reasonable - Usagent hero files are what i would call reasonable as well as ussing Taskmaster X's conversion chart but, nothing would have to be written in stone - going to be busy this weekend so I can play anytime starting next week - Good playing times for me are 8 to 11 pm est :blink:

fosforo

My proposal is to play with standard characters from the single player game, no heroes custom for now.
In this manner, I think we can easily have a well balanced match and, in my opinion, would be interest to know what is the best team using the  amazing ffvttr characters.

I will be free on this weekend, my time zone is GMT+1 (rome), so I'll try to connect to the server from next Saturday.

Bye,
Fosforo

drfelip

Hi guys!

My name is Felip, I installed FFvttr last week (I enjoyed a lot the original game) and just found this forum. It's nice to see that there is still people playing FF!

I only multiplayed the original FF game once of twice, but I'd like to try again in FFvttr. I'm in GMT +1.

I have a few custom characters (created in-game, I know nothing about other ways to create or edit characters), I think the 6000 point limit helps a lot in keeping things balanced.

Have fun!

Tortuga

Quote from: wickerman on February 15, 2009, 05:17:32 PM
Multiplayer for both games didn't die - it was never alive long enough to have  a proper death - very few people played MP ever.

You missed the glory days of FFUBBL, then.  Ahhh, those were the days.

electro

Quote from: fosforo on February 19, 2009, 11:09:01 PM
My proposal is to play with standard characters from the single player game, no heroes custom for now.
In this manner, I think we can easily have a well balanced match and, in my opinion, would be interest to know what is the best team using the  amazing ffvttr characters.

I will be free on this weekend, my time zone is GMT+1 (rome), so I'll try to connect to the server from next Saturday.

Bye,
Fosforo

All right i'll Vs ya this saturday with built in Heroes - Time for O'l Order to polish off his hammer :blink:

lugaru

I would have to re-install the game and copy over gigs of meshes to participate but I really hope you guy's post about how it went, because Im certainly interested what comes out from it.

BentonGrey

You know, if we played with full FFX powers for built-ins and included the Liberty Bay characters....I'd be willing.  If anyone's interested I'll throw some HF's together for all and sundry with all of their powers.
God Bless

Gremlin

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 27, 2009, 10:51:53 PM
You know, if we played with full FFX powers for built-ins and included the Liberty Bay characters....I'd be willing.  If anyone's interested I'll throw some HF's together for all and sundry with all of their powers.

I thought FFX didn't work in multiplayer?

BentonGrey

D'oh!  Thanks Grem, I wasn't really thinking there.  So...full powers, MINUS FFX. ;)
God Bless

Gremlin

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 28, 2009, 03:13:57 AM
D'oh!  Thanks Grem, I wasn't really thinking there.  So...full powers, MINUS FFX. ;)

Silly Benton! (The following is to be sung:)

And thaaaaat's Benton!
BG: *wink and thumbs up with a DING sound effect*

drfelip

Quote from: electro on February 26, 2009, 01:50:58 AMAll right i'll Vs ya this saturday with built in Heroes - Time for O'l Order to polish off his hammer :blink:

Who won? :)

electro

No one showed from here when I was on but, I did play a newbie & spanked him but, mostly I just talked about Freedom Reborn to him - His/Her name was Shadow Creeper776 & if he's viewing welcome to the community - I'll be on again next Saturday :blink:

BentonGrey

So, is anyone interested in a FF & Liberty Bay match?  If so, what times are good for a game?
God Bless