Matching Mainstream characters with my VPs

Started by Sledgehammer, February 15, 2009, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgehammer

I'm reopening this thread for you to help me. I would like some assistance matching my VPs with some Mainstream (DC/Marvel) characters. Up to now, my work has been relatively easy, because I've worked with X-Men Legends and Justice League Heroes, and each pack was assigned to their respective hero/villain. Nevertheless, some Marvel packs have been assigned to DC characters too, and viceversa. I'm particularly interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Sledgehammer

Bumping this.

First, this is my new website, the Freedom Force Voicepack Center:
http://ffvc.web.officelive.com

I think I have done a fairly good job matching the VPs so far, but if you have any suggestion regarding this matter, I'm eager to hear it. Especially in terms of DC Characters, as I'm more well-versed in the Marvel Universe.

Sledgehammer

I have a couple of questions for future releases, and maybe you can help me focus a little bit, as I'm quite lost right now.

1) Are there more girls with southern accents other than Rogue and Shooting Star in the Marvel Universe?

Gathering information around the web, I found a list of characters born in the southern states, but I don't think any of them fits my description. The closer is probably Husk (or her sister Aero, actually), but as far as I'm concerned, she hides her accent, and it only slips when she's angry or upset. Others that left me with unsatisfying results (I'm drawing from memory here, but I don't recall them having any kind of southern drawl) include Diamondback, Sharon Carter, Domino and Stature.

2) I'm looking for characters who are familiar with the habit of speaking with long words and having a large vocabulary. Think Beast or Reed Richards.

I was pondering about Sasquatch, who sometimes may tend to speak in a somewhat complicated manner, but that's not too frequent, I guess. Take into account that this voice I'll release is very deep, ideal for a huge guy.

NomadX

To be honest I always just use the voicepacks you make with the specific character they are for, with the exception of Batman because I just don't care for Ron Perlman voicing him. Kevin Conroy will always be Batman in my mind (especially after finishing Batman: Arkham Asylum). As for your second query, maybe Professor Hulk? I'm not really familiar with the character too much, but he's a huge guy and has the intelligence of Banner, so I dunno. I'm probably way off here since it has been awhile since I actually picked up a comic book and Google isn't exactly a great source for figuring out a way a character speaks.