News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

LiveWyre...back to basics

Started by livewyre1014, February 18, 2009, 12:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livewyre1014

Hey gang.  Wow...it's been awhile since I've skinned, I wonder if anyone around here even remembers who I am.  Anyway, I have sort of gotten back into skinning, so I thought I'de show off my first attempt for a few years.  Please be forgiving...hahaha.  So, I present AwesomeMan!!!  Whatdya think?

tommyboy

Awesome!
Good to see you back, and back skinning.

bearded

lots of personality in that skin.  good job.

daglob

Gremlin

He looks like such a smug jerk. Great job! Haha. Have you tried skoping on those stunna shades? :cool:

steamteck

Nice skin. I agree lots of personality.

M25

I can see this guy calling himself AwesomeMan.   ;)    Good work.

UnkoMan

One thing I'd suggest is to try using a different lighting map for this fella. Really the crinkly tinfoil texture is useless, if you ask me. Also, if it's possible to skope glasses on him, do so. I tried skinned glasses before and always felt a meshed piece was superior. I don't think it's just my personal opinion.

But, hey, keep em coming.

livewyre1014

Wow, thanks for all the support and suggestions.  To all of those who suggested that I skope the shades...I haven't really had a lot of time to play around with skoping yet...so that may come later.  Anyway, let the good times role.  Tonight I give you the masked vigilante...the Mysteryman.  His costume is a very simple one I realize, but that was intentional.  His full face mask is supposed to look like a helmet, any ideas on how to improve it or does it look alright?

Gremlin

More helmety? I'd say make a really obvious break from the neck to the head, like a regular seam but a lot thicker--I think you've done that, but I can't see the side very well. Adding a very very minor refl to the head would give it a plastic or metal sheen. And slightly changing the color and adding a subtle pattern to the neck/torso fabric would make them look like different materials.

livewyre1014

Thanks for the suggestions Gremlin, I think I'll try to give the bodysuit a more leathery texture to seperate it more from the helmet.  In the meanwhile, I bring you another hero I've been working on.  An android built to be able to counter every variety of weapon in the world, from handguns to nuclear missiles.  I give you Project: PEACEMAKER

AfghanAnt

I really like the design on this one.

docdelorean88

Me too, i would like to see a more reflective surface on the metal though. Not quite as reflective as Awesome man, but, shiny none the less.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Podmark

Mystery Man looks cool, but a little too generic.
Project: PEACEMAKER is a very nice design though. Good work. Is that supposed to be metal? Maybe add a refl to it?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

livewyre1014

Wow, thanks for all your support guys, I'm glad PEACEMAKER was such a hit.  I fine tuned the design though, your suggestions were very helpful.  I added a refl to his silver parts, and a glow layer for his red lights.  I really liked how he turned out, and I thought you all might like to see the final product.  Ladies, gentlemen...and everyone in between...I give you Project: PEACEMAKER

The Hitman

Really like Peacemaker! One tiny suggestion... maybe bring the chestpiece up onto his neck a little? Never been a fan of the weird Neck/Shoulder divide used as a collar. And, and this may be my screen at work, but is the emblem a little blurry to anyone else?

docdelorean88

Quote from: The Hitman on February 24, 2009, 07:34:26 PM
Really like Peacemaker! One tiny suggestion... maybe bring the chestpiece up onto his neck a little? Never been a fan of the weird Neck/Shoulder divide used as a collar. And, and this may be my screen at work, but is the emblem a little blurry to anyone else?
A tad, though in-game i wouldn't notice it. Love the Refl! Great work! Release?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Sledgehammer

Peacemaker is the best of the bunch. I like the color combination of silver and green, really works for this character. And a very original costume. And his eyes and expression give him a pretty unique personality, I don't imagine him being the typical robotic android at all.

livewyre1014

Here's another one.  He is the Captain of the Guard in the Extreme Security prison that houses the country's most dangerous superhumans.  He has no powers himself, but that doesn't stop him from putting the fear of God into all the cons he watches over.  He patrols with his pack, which are a highly trained unit of dogs that follow his every command.  Cpt. Max Conner...although everyone who knows him just calls him Dog.  Also, a quick update Awesome man. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Gremlin

Cool. The swapped out lightmap made a HUGE difference; much better. I really like Dog; I'd recomend altering the stubble so it looks like dots instead of streaks.

M25

I like the creativity behind these.  The design on Peacemaker is great, and Cpt. Max Conner is a cool idea.  I agree with Gremlin about the stubble though.

Mysteryman doesn't look like he's wearing a helmet.  Are there any meshes with an actual helmet attached that would work for the character?

BentonGrey

I like Dog, he looks cool.  Nice work here LiveWyre!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

Quote from: M25 on February 27, 2009, 06:39:06 PMMysteryman doesn't look like he's wearing a helmet.  Are there any meshes with an actual helmet attached that would work for the character?

The Red Hood at FRP would work perfectly.

livewyre1014

Previsionary

Quote from: Gremlin on February 28, 2009, 12:02:50 AM
Quote from: M25 on February 27, 2009, 06:39:06 PMMysteryman doesn't look like he's wearing a helmet.  Are there any meshes with an actual helmet attached that would work for the character?

The Red Hood at FRP would work perfectly.

Quote from: livewyre1014 on February 28, 2009, 01:01:00 AM
Where could I find that mesh?

FRP update thread which links to the site which links to the mesh. Give it a looksie, yeah? ^^
Disappear when you least expe--

WyldFyre

Like what you are doing here.  Originals are ALWAYS interesting.  I especially like the android.  Keep 'em coming.
For Freedom!

livewyre1014

Thanks for the support guys.  I'm glad my originals are being well recieved, since there are much better skinners already skinning the mainstream characters, I figure my best contribution is my creativity.  More coming soon...check under the spoiler for upcoming names...

Spoiler
Uptown Girl, The Apollo Twins, and Cpt. Max Conner's sergeants the Nowhere Man and Brickhouse

Gremlin

Quote from: livewyre1014 on March 01, 2009, 06:07:48 PM
Thanks for the support guys.  I'm glad my originals are being well recieved, since there are much better skinners already skinning the mainstream characters, I figure my best contribution is my creativity.  More coming soon...check under the spoiler for upcoming names...

Spoiler
Uptown Girl, The Apollo Twins, and Cpt. Max Conner's sergeants the Nowhere Man and Brickhouse

Hey, this is some nice work, don't knock your talent! ;) Not to say I think you should switch over to mainstreams...I prefer originals anyway. :P Can't wait to see what these guys look like. I'm liking the idea that you have a whole mythos to the prison guards; it's a really neat conceit.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: livewyre1014 on March 01, 2009, 06:07:48 PM

Spoiler

Uptown Girl? Christie Brinkley is joining the FF crew? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. I really like the originals that you're pumping out. Some really good stuff.

livewyre1014

Well, I must say that my real job has been working me into the ground lately, so its taken me awhile to get a new skin out, but finally here he is.  One of the Dog's sergeants of security in the superhuman Supermax Prison, the Nowhere Man.  Sgt. Norman Voight is the master of a pocket dimision called the Nowhere lands.  Any inmate who gets too violent to control, the Nowhere Man confines to the void of the Nowhere lands, extreme solitary confinement.  Hope you like him!!

Spoiler