News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV

Started by Midnite, February 18, 2009, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

well my brother has it (my fourth 360 died like 6 weeks ago and I havent been bothered to replace it yet) so I went and saw him thismorning, with no idea atall of the new controls or systems I won 14 out of 15 matches just using moves I remembered from street fighter 2 championship edition \o/
(the match I lost was me button mashing roofus (i think its roofus, the big guy with the very wobbly belly) and I almost won that, lol)

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: BWPS on March 07, 2009, 05:48:34 AM
Eyebrow and I battled. He beat me something like 6 matches to 5, we pretty much alternating wins back and forth.

I have no idea how to beat Zangief when he spins around like that :(.

Oh yeah, that was a blast!  There were a lot of close matches within that too.

As for Zangief, I think the secret is to let him complete his spin and hit him just as he comes out of it.  Or hit him from range - I'm not sure if its just my controllers but I find I can't spam the shoulder buttons to do repeated heavy attacks, so when I was fighting a Ken with Zangief, while the first fireball would pass by me all harmless like, I couldnt get the second spin going quickly enough to avoid the next one.  And Zangief isn't the most nimble on his toes for jumping over them. 

Now you have to give me some tips on beating Akuma...  :P

Jakew

I'm not good enough to unlock Gouken!!! I can't master Akuma's Ultra combo  :thumbdown:

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Jakew on March 11, 2009, 11:49:28 PM
I'm not good enough to unlock Gouken!!! I can't master Akuma's Ultra combo  :thumbdown:

Is that how you unlock him because I read something different.

Johnny Patches

unlock Gouken, i set mine up for 1 round. Complete arcade mode as Akuma and then play arcade mode again as a character who's already completed arcade mode. If you've got the fights set to one round matches, you need at least one perfect round, three super or ultra combo finishes, and five first attacks. If you've got fights set to three round matches, you need at least two perfects, five super or ultra combo finishes, and ten first attacks. After defeating Seth, Gouken will challenge you. Defeat him to unlock Gouken.also i may add you can set it up (very easy) also works, :thumbup:

MJB

How I earned him:

Unlocked every character possible. (Minus Gouken and Seth)
Chose a character I had already finished arcade mode with. (for me it was Ken)
Beat the game without continuing while getting at least 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishers.
Defeat Gouken.

I had read somewhere that you couldn't even lose a round. I proved that false as I lost a round to Seth and still made it to Gouken.

Now all I have to do is finish arcade mode with every character to earn Seth.

-MJB

Jakew

Thanks MJB ... I've beaten the game with everyone, and trying to use Ultra finishers with Akuma was killing me.

Sagat or Dan on the other hand....

Johnny Patches

i have unlocked every character, :thumbup: now ive been playing on the net. (evil patches) to uunlock more goodies  ;)