FRP Update - (9-3-2015) - Days of Present Ends

Started by Previsionary, February 19, 2009, 05:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Previsionary on August 07, 2014, 08:31:03 PM
Yes, I still post stuff up. Usually, DJ harasses me until he thinks he can make something happen, but in actuality, I ignore him until I have the time to dedicate to such ventures. It's a system. It works. :P

That's almost all right...he fails to mention I sometimes break out the whip!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Deaths Jester

Machete is now on FRP!!!  Go get it if you want it!

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Hey, is FRP gone!?  Say it ain't so!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Last I spoke to Prem, he was working on something, but for now, FRP is currently down.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 09, 2015, 05:13:14 AM
Last I spoke to Prem, he was working on something, but for now, FRP is currently down.

Think he's going with Mediafire...all I know is that most of the site is down for some reason that Prem has no control over....something Middy has to do on it..unsure though.

Deaths Jester

FRP is back up and running for the time being.  Prem is thinking about something but not sure where he is going with it.

BentonGrey

Hmm, I can't seem to access it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 16, 2015, 06:29:57 PM
Hmm, I can't seem to access it.

Ditto. I was hoping to raid FXForce to make sure I had everything. I also wanted to try and grab the screen shots for references for making my own FX.

Previsionary

*ahem*

FRP2 is partially back. The main site seems to be down for some reason, and I'm working on that when I'm not busy with my actual life. I have to wait on some info from Middy before I can fully tackle it, however. That said the side sites that are attached to FRP2 are all working fine, from what I saw. The side sites include FXFORCE, Murs's UDCU, and Avalon's site, so if you need anything from there or from them, you can safely grab whatever.

FRP2's Future

Moving forward, FRP2 will be fine for at least a few more months, but I can't guarantee that it'll be around beyond that. There have been some changes that have taken place over the recent months and my focus is more on certain people who need my attention. Meanwhile, Middy has his own thing going on, and he's been graciously hosting the site on FRP's behalf. So, with that in mind, if I were to set up a donation button to help keep FRP around for as long as possible, would anyone be interested in helping out?

I'm not expecting anything, but I figured I'd pose the question and gauge the reaction before I make any real decision on how FRP2 will or won't move forward. Thoughts?
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

I'd definitely be interested in doing what I can to keep FRP online, along with all of its treasures.  What are its yearly costs, if I may ask?
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Since I'm still trying to replace/repair things that were damaged/ruined when my house flooded last year, I can't offer much financial support, but if there's anything else I can do, I'd be glad to help.

WyldFyre

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 18, 2015, 05:44:03 AM
I'd definitely be interested in doing what I can to keep FRP online, along with all of its treasures.  What are its yearly costs, if I may ask?

What Benton said.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Previsionary on February 18, 2015, 03:15:21 AM

FRP2's Future

Moving forward, FRP2 will be fine for at least a few more months, but I can't guarantee that it'll be around beyond that. There have been some changes that have taken place over the recent months and my focus is more on certain people who need my attention. Meanwhile, Middy has his own thing going on, and he's been graciously hosting the site on FRP's behalf.

..and DJ going through his own thing, too.  Prem always forgets to mention me in these things.....

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 18, 2015, 05:44:03 AM
What are its yearly costs, if I may ask?

I'll have to get back to you on that.

Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 19, 2015, 06:22:35 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on February 18, 2015, 03:15:21 AM

FRP2's Future

Moving forward, FRP2 will be fine for at least a few more months, but I can't guarantee that it'll be around beyond that. There have been some changes that have taken place over the recent months and my focus is more on certain people who need my attention. Meanwhile, Middy has his own thing going on, and he's been graciously hosting the site on FRP's behalf.

..and DJ going through his own thing, too.  Prem always forgets to mention me in these things.....

Don't be rude, DJ! This isn't about you! But yes, DJ is also going through his own thing which he may or may not have alluded to the rest of you at some point here... or there... or yonder... or something. #TheGreatDeejMysteryof20152015

cmdrkoenig67

Prem, I can help too, as long as it's sometime soon (I have money at the moment from selling things on Evilbay...LOL!).

Dana

Previsionary

A new post? Madness! However, don't get too excited. You can more or less consider FRP2 dead. The main site will not be restored as I don't have the ability to do so, and to be frank, I don't have the time, or more importantly, the interest to dedicate to it when I no longer do anything related to the game. As it stands, I rarely check FR, so there's no point in dragging this out.

Freedom Reborn Productions (FRP) has had a long, fantastic run. Many of you may not know this, but this group originally started out, afaik, as a bunch of creators who wanted to work on projects together and have a helping hand in keeping things running as smoothly as possible. Shockingly, despite how associated I became with FRP (& FRP2), I was not part of that initial groupings, which consisted of many FXForce members and a few other content creators of times long gone. I consider myself as part of the second wave who took over and eventually became part of the driving force that kept the site alive for almost a decade longer than anyone would have ever imagined. I was not supposed to be the person who essentially became the management, so to speak, of the site, and when I was new to the group, I answered to the mighty Lude; but over time, as Lude disappeared, I took over, as I was the only person remaining who knew enough HTML to keep everything running as smoothly as possible (besides Beyonder who I forged an awesome friendship with, but like the actual Marvel character, he often comes and goes, depending on where his third eye takes him). Working on the original site was time consuming, and I was mostly handling that alone during a time where I was mass producing not only mods of various lengths and complexities, but I was regularly FXing and helping others with their projects as well, and this was on top of writing projects and my real life. It was slowly wearing me down, which made the decision to switch to the Wordpress site (FRP2) that much easier to make once it became known that MikeB7 was going to be stepping away from the hosting side of things.

Throughout that transition, my good buddy (and old FR member) Chuckles, my favorite werewolf and new site host Middy/Midnight, and Cmdrkoenig all provided a ton of help in making the new site what it was, a place for all your modding needs. Though the look was simpler (and nowhere near as customized as the original), it was much easier to navigate and keep up-to-date. It also gave us access to a blog, which brought upon newer ideas and allowed me to incorporate more of my writing into the FR\FForce world. The spotlights, highlights, and even the all content/link heavy posts were a ton of fun to create, and I finally had a way to show off all the tutorials that I had written or were within my reach (with permission). I like to think that it also helped to usher in a minor revival of updated, more modern websites for the community as well, as our site grew and settled into its looks. And as our revival continued and our/my energy resurged, not only were we putting out new content on a weekly basis for almost an entire year, but we eventually attracted new and older content creators and brought them into the fold. To all those people (John Jr., Benton, Murs, Death's Jester, Cyber, Torch, and to all the past content creators who allowed us to host their content), I say thanks for joining the ride and helping us to stick around as long as we did. It was appreciated then, and it's appreciated now. And because I know a lot of that content is still being used and requested today, I decided to take the time to upload as much of it as I could. If you want to grab any of that content, you can find it at the backup site that also holds the original FRP content. Sometime down the line, FXForce may be there too. It's just uploading takes a lot of time, and there's a lot of content to sift through.

Anyway, long post is long, and wrap ups are wraps up. Thanks for the memories, gang, and it was fun while it lasted. Thanks to all you content creators that contributed your work to us. And thanks to the community that often kept us going even when it was difficult, including you, DJ, who was & is my arch-rival but also someone I barely tolerate even on a good day (he knows how to interpret this). :P

FRP: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/54p15ym5659qh/FRP_Backup
FRP2: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2455688dit53d/FRP2_Backups

P.S. Let me know if you're looking for something that you think we may have hosted, and I'll check my archives and put it up. Adios, gangers.

And remember: 1) Don't be rude & 2) Sometimes, a strike of vase can make even the ugliest things kinda sorta beautiful... sometimes... maybe.

Cyber Burn

QuoteTo all those people (John Jr., Benton, Murs, Death's Jester, Cyber, Torch, and to all the past content creators who allowed us to host their content), I say thanks for joining the ride and helping us to stick around as long as we did. It was appreciated then, and it's appreciated now.

I have to disagree, it wasn't me who allowed you to host my stuff, it was you who generously gave me a home, and to quote you, it was appreciated then, and it's appreciate now.  :D

SickAlice

Thanks for providing the goodies. Yeah your site is really missed but grateful it ever existed and all you people made it the experience it was in the first place. Best to you all and whatever adventures are finding you now and thank you for the times.

WyldFyre

Although I didn't know you very well, you brought me a great deal of happiness by hosting such talented creators on your site.  All good things... as they say. But you will be sorely missed. 

Live long and well.  May you have success in all your endeavors and thank you for all you have done for us.
For Freedom!

President Raygun

Thank you Prev for your generosity in keeping FRP up (as well as a thanks to all the content creators), and good luck in all your future endeavors.

spydermann93

I promised my momma that I wouldn't cry. I won't cry. I won't!

We'll miss you and everything you've done for us, Prev! FRP(2) was amazing, and I loved all of the skopes, mods, and FX you hosted on the site!

Thank you for everything!

GogglesPizanno

Even I will pop in for a belated moment to say a big thanks for all that you did. The Shirelettes will sing a song in your honor...

.. and don't call me Shirley.

naitvalis

sadness and melancholy, however Thank you Prev for all the contents, you have granted to hundreds of people and me, many hours of fun.

Previsionary

This is an update... kinda.

After years of putting it off, FXFORCE is finally backed up on the FRP2 backup site.

Additionally, I realized that all the M25 tools that were on the wiki are gone and irretrievable. Thanks to Beyonder, I managed to collect them all again and reupload them.

Dassit.

BentonGrey

God Bless

daglob

MikeB7

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob