News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

converters

Started by Discoking090, February 26, 2009, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discoking090

is there a way to convert  :ffvstr: back to  :ff: nifs and kfs?

laughing paradox

Discoking090

laughing paradox

AfghanAnt

I could have swore there is a post in hex editing many moons ago about deconvertoring meshes but if not my bad.

GogglesPizanno

Using the nifplugins and something like Blender (whose exporter plug in allows you to specify nif version), you might be able to back-convert static objects.

But not characters, at least to my knowledge.

tommyboy

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 27, 2009, 12:29:46 AM
I could have swore there is a post in hex editing many moons ago about deconvertoring meshes but if not my bad.

Technically it can be done, but it's almost more work than making it from scratch. You'd probably need a copy of 3dsmax and to know what you are doing to do it, too. You probably have to re-physique, though maybe not.
Plus, most ffv3r only meshes are that way by choice. The people who made them are quite capable of releasing FF versions if that is what they wanted, so you have to kind of assume that they don't want it.

So, technically difficult + no permission = not going to happen, probably.
Not impossible though.

rmt

Exactly.  It's completely possible, it's just not going to be done here because no one wants yelled at for doing it.   :ph34r:

Johnny Patches

it can be done? wow.. :banghead:
yeah it would be alot of work

rmt

MWAH HA HA HA HA!

Sorry, JP always makes me laugh an evil laugh.  A happy little laugh, but an evil laugh nonetheless.

To clarify JP, I don't know anything you don't know.  I just know that it's not hard work if someone else does all the work.   :P

MWAH HA HA HA HA!

Maybe I should go back to plan A of kidnapping Tom and chaining him to my PC.  It's just that England is kind of far to drive...

daglob

The simplest thing to do is burn all your meshes to disk, then convert copies of the files.

Of course, I just had a disk full of VX meshes get cloudy and go bad, but, fortunately, they are still available and I just downloaded them agina.

Johnny Patches

Quote from: rmt on February 28, 2009, 10:52:20 PM
Maybe I should go back to plan A of kidnapping Tom and chaining him to my PC.  It's just that England is kind of far to drive...
ah ..its only a plane ride away.. sounds like a plan too me.. :twisted:
what would we feed him? ;)

rmt

Da Glob, I think you're assuming they started out as  :ff: and we're assuming they started out as  :ffvstr: though I confess I have no idea which was the intended question.  My answer if they started out as  :ff: would be to download them again, though your idea makes sense too.  But when it's something that is  :ffvstr: only in the release, it's a bear for those of us who eschew that game.

Unless... you have friends in high places.   :wub:

JP, I'm not sure what we would feed Tommy but would suggest that it NOT be antifreeze and Drano.  That didn't work out so well when I kidnapped Bearded in Lair that one time...   :wacko:

daglob

You are quite right. Usually, the question is asked by people who want to know if they can convert a converted mesh BACK; there is no information either way in this case.

Maybe if you ask nicely and the mesher still has the original files?

Which of course goes back to "doing it all over".

As for what to feed Tommy, why don't you find out what he likes? Steak (medium well), baked protato with the works, washed down with beer? Fried chicken, corn bread, mashed potatoes and gravy, collard greens finished with ice tea? Footlong hot dog, double chilli, cheese fries and a Dr. Pepper? Glazed ham, field peas, steamed cabbage? Gumbo?

Johnny Patches

QuoteAs for what to feed Tommy, why don't you find out what he likes? Steak (medium well), baked protato with the works, washed down with beer? Fried chicken, corn bread, mashed potatoes and gravy, collard greens finished with ice tea? Footlong hot dog, double chilli, cheese fries and a Dr. Pepper? Glazed ham, field peas, steamed cabbage? Gumbo?

em, em, i was thinking more of roots and berries..  :P
we could try that for a bit.. ;)

rmt

Quote from: daglob on March 01, 2009, 03:49:04 AM
You are quite right. Usually, the question is asked by people who want to know if they can convert a converted mesh BACK; there is no information either way in this case.

Maybe if you ask nicely and the mesher still has the original files?

Which of course goes back to "doing it all over".

As for what to feed Tommy, why don't you find out what he likes? Steak (medium well), baked protato with the works, washed down with beer? Fried chicken, corn bread, mashed potatoes and gravy, collard greens finished with ice tea? Footlong hot dog, double chilli, cheese fries and a Dr. Pepper? Glazed ham, field peas, steamed cabbage? Gumbo?

Your southern roots are showing.  I would assume he likes Bangers and Mash, not that I actually know what that means.   :P

BIL complained very little about the Drano actually.  I mean, he screamed a lot, but I really couldn't make out any specific negative comment.   :ph34r: