China just got a little bit better. Happy days are here again!

Started by thalaw2, February 28, 2009, 01:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I just found that there is a new comics shop about 20 minutes (by bus) from where I live.  The books are about a month behind and cost more than the cover price but they are the real deal.  The owner is cool and he's a Hulk fan like me.  I couldn't believe the place was actually there. 

I was walking with me goil to meet a friend for dinner and BLAM! a comics shop.  I went in just in awe for a few minutes.  My girl wasn't happy that I spent "a lot of money" buying one comic, but what does she know.  I couldn't wait to get home and read that comic in my favorite reading place (hehehe).  Anway, I'm back in the game.....HAHAHAHAHAHWHWHWHWHWHAHAHWHAHAHWAHWHAHHWWAH!!!!!!!!!

I read Batman & the Outsiders...a good read.  4/5
革命不会被电视转播

The Hitman

BentonGrey

Hey hey!  The world is definitely getting smaller. ^_^  Congrats man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Wow!
i'd love to have a western comic shop in Korea.
Which city do you live in thalaw2?
I just got back from a trip in Beijing not 2 hours ago... and they bumped me up to business class for the flight back :D

How expensive were the comics?  was it much of a markup from american prices?

thalaw2

I live in Suzhou, Jiangsu....about an hour north of Shanghai by bus or 35min by bullet train.

The price was 35RMB...that's roughly $5 US.  The cover price is $2.99. The owner claims that his mark up is just what he's caused to ship them from the US to China.    He also sales graphic novels.  I finally have a reason to venture out of my little area (Suzhou Higher Education Town) to Downtown SIP (Suzhou Industrial Park).

EDIT:  Next time any of you comes to China let me know!
革命不会被电视转播