News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

March comes in like a lion...

Started by Glitch Girl, March 01, 2009, 03:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

First, let me preface this by saying I live in the south.

So waking up to this...

...is extremely unusual.

It's still snowing here, though it doesn't look like it's sticking to the roads at all.  I find it kinda cool since I rarely see the white stuff and can still appreciate it so right now I'm enjoying watching it fall... at least for the time being.

Anyway, just wanted to share. :)

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BWPS

Snowed in Auburn too! It was like 72 degrees after all our tornadoes yesterday.
Spoiler

Giving him a face was a mistake as Amy found him totally irresistible :(

Best day ever.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Sgt. Friday

It rained all morning and afternoon here in the Upstate of SC. It was so miserably cold, wet, and windy it was comical. But from about 5:30 on it's been snowing...I'm pulling for classes being canceled tomorrow...please, please, please....
Sgt. Friday skin by Paradox of NPI

Gremlin

It was pretty decent up here in the Pacific Northwest. Started raining a bit around three. Nothing I'm not used to.

Now, walking around all day going from door to door in that...was another story.

thalaw2

It's been raining for about a week here near Shanghai.  I'm sick of it, but I sure hope it don't turn to no snowing.  I've seen enough of that stuff to last me a life time.
革命不会被电视转播

Uncle Yuan

February went out like a lion for us in the Twin Cities - last Thursday into Friday we had a 6+" snowstorm, followed by a stretch of below zero lows.

Ah, Minneapolis . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

The Hitman

Huh, no rain or snow in Ohio... weird. We're usually the ones with the crap weather.

Glitch Girl

The thing about where I live...

-at 11:30 am, it was still coming down heavy and I was starting to see some build up on my driveway.

-by 1:30 pm, it was almost all melted.

Ah well, t'was fun while it lasted.  
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

lugaru

Boston is burried, I just walked through 10 blocks of unplowed Jamaica Plain streets to get to the station.

Glitch Girl

Yeah, I heard it was headed your way lugaru.  Looks like it picked up some friends along the way.
-Glitch Girl

Midnight

Quote from: lugaru on March 02, 2009, 02:09:43 PM
Boston is burried, I just walked through 10 blocks of unplowed Jamaica Plain streets to get to the station.

Same storm is coming through here. My driveway had 5-6 inches of snow in it when I left this morning and it's supposed to keep going through the night.

Hell, I even had to wear BOOTS today. First time I've worn boots to work all winter.

lugaru

Two bits of Irony today... first is that I'm wearing sneakers because I could not find my boots and I was running late. I'm hoping nobody notices since it's not exactly "Jeans and Sneakers" day at the bank. Second: I called my g.f. a bunch of times to tell her that there was no school today (she works there mondays, I take a translator class) and she never picks up so I figure she went back to bed. Nope, she just called me up at the station wondering where the school shuttle is...  :doh:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, we got hit by a foot or so. Fortunately my second shift schedule means I won't have to go out until it's all been plowed properly.

Eek.  It just started snowing again.  I didn't think it was going to do that.  No so good.

I feel the most sorry for Tennessee.  They got 18 inches, and they don't know how to handle 2 inches.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Sevenforce

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 02, 2009, 03:47:31 PM
I feel the most sorry for Tennessee.  They got 18 inches, and they don't know how to handle 2 inches.

Much like the U.K...

(Oh so topical...a month later :P)
I so need booze -_-

Reepicheep

Oh no!

The snowman stole Boy's pointy sticks!!!

And his girlfriend!!

Lunarman

Whereas in England it's like we've hit high summer! At least it was on Friday :P

Tortuga

Yesterday was a beautiful day, hovering just above zero degrees celsius (which is nice in Edmonton at this time of year).

Today, I got stuck in a snow drift on my way to school - high winds, drifting snow and around -25 today.

I love Alberta!