Reference Builds for Shields?

Started by BlueBard, December 29, 2008, 04:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Looking for different takes on builds for Tankers, Scrappers, Brutes, and Stalkers using the Shield set.

I've started a couple of different Shield-based heroes to play around with, but not sure yet how I'm ultimately going to build them out.  I've got a Shield/Energy Tank and a MA/Shield Scrapper.  I've noticed the tank is pretty End-hungry (but I kinda expected that).  The energy shield colored red really goes well with the Energy set.

I really like how they did the powers for this set as far as giving them a "shield" feel, and I want to take full advantage of those.

Post your builds here.  I'll post one when I get around to it.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

DMenacer

One suggestion for Shield users is to park them in the areana so you earn the endurance bonus thats part of the day jobs bonuses
Left to Right: Canine Crypto-Robin Hoodlem-Nurse Nitengale-Knight Star-Doc Medic-Super Sentry
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddwyatt/MyChars.jpg[/img]
Right to Left: Striper the Grimlin-Sargent Major-Demonic HellRaiser-Shogun Ninja Master-Demoness Diva-DMenacer

DrMike2000

Is Shield Defence particularly end hungry? I havent noticed it performing too badly in that respect.

Comparing with Super Reflexes, which has the same click power for mez protection, you have the two Defence toggles running at 0.208 end per second and Against All Odds at twice that for 0.83 end per second.
Super reflexes has three toggles at 0.26 end per second, for a total of 0.78 end per second - very slightly less than Shield.

You also get the damage bonus from Against All Odds means you have to use fewer attacks, so I reckon Shield would pull ahead in the end stakes a bit.

im no expert, but Ive found all tanks to be end hungry, especially before slotting up attacks.

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

GhostMachine

Quote from: DMenacer on March 15, 2009, 01:33:29 AM
One suggestion for Shield users is to park them in the areana so you earn the endurance bonus thats part of the day jobs bonuses

That's probably also a good idea for MA/Dark Scrappers....