News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help

Started by livewyre1014, March 13, 2009, 12:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livewyre1014

To my fellow writers out there, I am requesting a little help.

I am working on a series that has become something of an obsession.  I have figured out my heroes, villians, and what sociological and philosophical themes I want to express in the story.  I have only reached one roadblock.  I need an end-game for the villians.

The story involves characters(remixed if you will) from other works of fiction.  My heroes include an aggressive loner were-wolf, a woman who can control both chaos and order magic because she is descended from the bloodlines of Merlin and Circe, a psycic who sees the world in terms of Tarot cards, the great grand-daughter of Henry Jeckyll, and Victor Frankenstien's monster.  It's a motley crew I admit, but the interaction between these characters keeps me writing long into the wee hours of the morning.

The villians I have chosen to oppose the heroes are Morgaine Lefay, Prince Amon(the Mummy, based on the Hammer films) and of course the master of evil himself, Count Dracula.  These three call themselves the Illuminatti(again, it makes sense in terms of the story) who are out to take over the world.  The only problem is, I can't figure out how they do it. 

So here's what I'm asking for.  Could anyone or everyone PLEASE submit any end-game scenarios that would allow Dracula and his team to rule the world.  Any suggestion would be appreciated, there is no such thing as a stupid idea(trust me, I've already tried them all). 

Thanks

DrMike2000

A modified form of vampirism that can be spread by a more effective vector.

More powerful Mummy's have been known to control locust plagues havent they? So Morgan modifies the agent in Dracula's blood, binds it to the insect swarms and they can then infect the human population and make them eternal slaves of the Vampire. Of course, Morgan may have booby-trapped Dracula's blood in some way, if she doesnt entirely trust him...

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

thalaw2

It depends on what you mean by "control the world".  The villains you have seem to be immortal or at least have lived for hundreds of years.  The could easily have been putting thins in to motion for centuries, hence the name Illuminati. 

If you keep things real world then you could use the current financial crisis as something they planned (perhaps there previous attempts, such as The Great Depression, failed) in order to put people in a state to where the would allow a NWO to come in...

But Dr. Mike's idea seems more workable.

革命不会被电视转播

livewyre1014

Wow.  Both amazing ideas!!  I'll see what I can hash out from these.  And by the way, Dr. Mike, all of my villains are immortal as you pointed out, and that was intentional.  One of the central themes of the series is that the natural order of things is to die, and the fear that this universal law bred in some personalities turned them to dark, evil means in order to avoid their eventual demise.

DrMike2000

Thats a really interesting theme, and one that a lot of fiction grapples with in quite an unsatisfactory way.

Harry Potter - the bad guys are the Death Eaters, who's whole purpose is to try and cheat death. Young Harry is mentored by nice old grandfatherly Dumbledore who is obviously not afraid to age and eventually die.

Star Wars Episode 3 - Anakin fears that Padme will die. The nice old men Jedis dont seem that perturbed, but evil Palpatine offers to help. Eventually Anakins fear of a loved one's death turn him into the personification of evil.

Neither of these have ever sat particularly well with me. I'm afraid to die. I understand that we need to die to relinquish our share of the planet to the next generation. In many ways, me giving up everything and stepping aside for my daughter and others could be seen as the ultimate act of love. Its also a lot easier to embrace the idea of the natural order when you're young, I guess, and Both Rowling and Lucas were in their prime still when they wrote these stories. I'm guessing here, since I'm still in my 30s.

I suppose I cant help but feel a certain sympathy towards villains who are motivated by a fear of non-existence, its a very human trait really.

I look forwards to what you come up with.

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Failed_Hero

livewyre,

I could give you more of a suggestion if I knew the succession of evil, as in who came first second third, and whether or not you are looking to make these a characters at all sympathetic. 

I mean Count Dracula for me does not represent the ultimate personification of Evil, Dracula was a warrior and a tyrant in a time when most rulers were tyrants in some form or another.  He used brutal methods and psychological warfare to fight off and equally brutal enemy.  No one ever stops and wonders how Dracula was turned, unless he is counted among the First.

Prince Amon, a priest motivated by greed and ambition. Never a good combination, not a lot of sympathy even if you include the lost love story. 

Morigan to me is fairly monsterous.  The half sister of the perhaps most fair ruler of legend (next to Solomon) who could have been apart of Camelot but instead choose to fight against its ideals, King, and knights.  Even as far as to trick and seduce her own half brother to create an heir to the throne in Modred. Ambition, subversion, manipulation, dark magic, and "cousin loving" not much more evil than that.

Dracula was never the spread the race type, he was more hunt to live, or hunt to love.  I could see him as a part of this Cabal mainly as a way to keep things from becoming to overt. 

With this group I see their ultimate end game, being one that is very subtle.  in these scenarios, especially in dealing with characters who may have some ancient secret knowledge, I would have certain spots in the world like Hellmouth's or Seals that represent the power in the area of the world, these seals can be mainplulated through various magics throwing the free-will of humanity and the status quo of good and evil in balance off.  Controlling these areas would be part of the plan, followed by a more subversive Manchurian Candidate  idea where a pawns in their control are rising quickly through the ranks in UN.  Between the two they could control the world easily. 

However, what happens if they succeed how do these powerful entities share power, are their goals the same?  These are questions that this scenario can ask.

As is there flip side Illuminati, where are the powerful forces of good in all this, have they been weaken and if so how?
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

BlueBard

Motivation, motivation...

I'd ask myself why these three powerful 'immortals' would agree to cooperate together if their real and ultimate end-goal is continued existence.  Their biggest weakness would probably be mutual suspicion and each would likely plan to be supreme over the other two.  Plots within plots.

Probably the only basis for such a cooperative would be that something poses a mutual threat that necessitates that they work together.  You should define what that mutual threat is and how ruling the world relates to ending or controlling that threat.

A very real possibility is that modern technology poses a threat.  It provides a way to locate and detect them as well as the means to utterly destroy them that did not exist in ages past.  As to the means of their destruction, I'd see Nuclear Annihilation as the best bet.  Even if they could somehow escape the conflagration, the result would eventually kill them for good or render them helpless.  (Up to you to explain how, but vampires need fodder for one thing...)

For them, ruling the world might mean control over nuclear weapons, or possibly to eliminate technology that could prove their undoing.
STO/CO: @bluegeek