News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Resource

Started by Spectre Lad, March 13, 2009, 07:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre Lad

Hey guys! My name is Spectre Lad and I just created a FF content news and tutorial site called Freedom Force Resource. I'll be following following creators work, interviewing community members, and doing tutorials for FFVTR and FF.

Please visit and tell me what you think.  :thumbup:

Freedom Force Resource

M25

tommyboy

Nice looking site, and it's always handy to have links grouped together, to help people find stuff.
Welcome to the community.

Previsionary

Cool deal. Interviewing community members? That's interesting considering that was actually an idea someone was pursuing awhile ago before certain things happened. Oh, I think you're technically the second FF/FFVTTR blog. Maybe the first fully dedicated one, but technicalities. :P

Welcome to FR!
Disappear when you least expe--

Spectre Lad

Quote from: M25 on March 13, 2009, 07:45:34 PM
Looks good!

Thank you.

Quote from: tommyboy on March 13, 2009, 07:52:26 PM
Nice looking site, and it's always handy to have links grouped together, to help people find stuff.
Welcome to the community.
Yeah, since everything is gone I thought I would make something easy to use and interactive.

Quote from: Previsionary on March 13, 2009, 07:53:03 PM
Cool deal. Interviewing community members? That's interesting considering that was actually an idea someone was pursuing awhile ago before certain things happened. Oh, I think you're technically the second FF/FFVTTR blog. Maybe the first fully dedicated one, but technicalities. :P

Welcome to FR!

I'm sorry! If you want you can interview them still. I just thought it might be nice to actually feature artists of different levels and let the community get to know them besides as people who make stuff.  :lol: Who had the first blog?

The Hitman

Nice. Y'know, I've been looking for a nice, easy replacement for the FR Wiki... if you want, you can post every bit of info from there on your blog.

EDIT:
...that was actually an idea someone was pursuing awhile...

*Cough* Nah, go right ahead!

Oh, and welcome to the madness!

UnkoMan

Hmmm... Interesting stuff. I wish you the best of luck and if you'd like to interview anybody who is totally awesome but mostly sticks to community sidelines well... I might know a person or two *coughcoughmyselfcough*

Oh what!?

Spectre Lad

Thank you, Hitman! That will be a big help!

The more the merrier, Unkoman!

Gremlin

This is cool! I like it. And welcome, Spectre Lad! :thumbup:

Figure Fan

I really like the newspaper-y vibe in the updates, as well as the site itself. Very cool!

Johnny Patches

nice resource website :)
off the topic...
AA's retirement i totaly see where he is comming from,
its a shame to see him go on not so good circumstances.
i am very proud to say
I JP had a the pleasure to work with 1 of the greatest legions of this community  ^_^
my friend AA take care buddy :thumbup:

docdelorean88

I am really liking this! Keep up the great work. It is a shame AA is retiring especially after his recent great work! Was it AA who was working on the many batman costumes, since the boards were wiped(again) i can't remember?
EDIT: UE worked on that great set of BATMAN Skins! Sorry for the mix up.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

deano_ue

I like the idea and it'll be interesting to see what comes of it, but on thing i'm confused about how are you going to get sneak previews

AfghanAnt

Good design and nice idea. Pssh, I pmed you back.

Previsionary

Quote from: Spectre Lad on March 13, 2009, 08:14:58 PM

Welcome to FR!

I'm sorry! If you want you can interview them still. I just thought it might be nice to actually feature artists of different levels and let the community get to know them besides as people who make stuff.  :lol: Who had the first blog?

Though I'm pretty sure there was one before, FRP2 has had a blog page since its opening. But, like I said, it's not truly FF/FFVTTR dedicated. Also, yes, that was the thinking behind that other idea. Or was...is? was...? is? *loops*

Quote from: The Hitman on March 13, 2009, 08:15:57 PM
Nice. Y'know, I've been looking for a nice, easy replacement for the FR Wiki... if you want, you can post every bit of info from there on your blog.

EDIT:
...that was actually an idea someone was pursuing awhile...

*Cough* Nah, go right ahead!

You will go through with that idea. I will shank you! :P

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 13, 2009, 11:57:42 PM
Good design and nice idea. Pssh, I pmed you back.

You're a popular guy, no? You were a major candidate for that idea before the drama-rama. *looks at UE* I guess...there's that guy if the idea takes a new form. *shudder*
Disappear when you least expe--

Spectre Lad

vamp

:lol:

I really love your site, man. Keep it up  ;)

The Hitman

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's a great idea and totally unique, as far as I know.

Keep up the good work.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

blobula

Your blog is great, man! :thumbup: I love it and going to bookmark you.
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

BentonGrey

Mini-Mussolini...well, I am going to have to write that down.  Nice blog!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Torch

deano_ue

for some one "new" to the boards you sure as hell know a lot of the ins and outs of here

Spectre Lad

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 14, 2009, 10:21:24 PM
for some one "new" to the boards you sure as hell know a lot of the ins and outs of here

I never said I was new.

Gremlin

Quote from: Spectre Lad on March 14, 2009, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 14, 2009, 10:21:24 PM

I never said I was new.

WHAAAAAAAT?

Oooh...a mystery...

docdelorean88

WOW! That is one heck of an article! Great work and keep it up!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

bearded

not much of a mystery...i smell a trap.
Spectre Lad, i have to say to you...if you are a member with the good of the community at heart, i need to request, respectfully, that you remove the images on your blog of the artistic creations of ips, and probably vlad as well.  they are not here to ask this themselves.  (plus, it looks like one of the images is kitbashed, the batman joker thing?)
and, if i am wrong, and you do not mean well for the community, i would like to request a mod to remove the entire link due to the sensitivity of the blog posts in regards to all the recent claims made against fr.

i know that the images are not hosted by fr, but i fear a claim could be made that fr is helping distribute them, by hosting the link.

there are many ppl here who would be flattered by an interview for your blog.  saying mean things about ppl that have been banned just doesn't feel right to me, but that's just me.

Spectre Lad

Quote from: bearded on March 15, 2009, 12:05:05 PM
not much of a mystery...i smell a trap.
Spectre Lad, i have to say to you...if you are a member with the good of the community at heart, i need to request, respectfully, that you remove the images on your blog of the artistic creations of ips, and probably vlad as well.  they are not here to ask this themselves.  (plus, it looks like one of the images is kitbashed, the batman joker thing?)
and, if i am wrong, and you do not mean well for the community, i would like to request a mod to remove the entire link due to the sensitivity of the blog posts in regards to all the recent claims made against fr.

i know that the images are not hosted by fr, but i fear a claim could be made that fr is helping distribute them, by hosting the link.

there are many ppl here who would be flattered by an interview for your blog.  saying mean things about ppl that have been banned just doesn't feel right to me, but that's just me.

I'm not exactly sure how to react to this but my blog is not related to Freedom Reborn nor am I breaking any of the forum rules, I am not a "trap", and the images are public domain since they were posted on an internet forum and my usage is protected under parody.

Furthermore, I live in America, I am free to express my opinion on situations whatever way I want. If you personally do not like what I have to say, don't read it.

bearded

the 'airing dirty laundry' rule might apply, but that is sketchy due to it being a link to words and not directly in the post.
Quotenor am I breaking any of the forum rules
boy.  does that sound familiar?
i'm not directly making any accusations.  all i'm saying is the subjects you are linking to are highly sensitive right now, especially due to potential attacks.  we need to be wary, cause we have the best intentions, right?
i'm not talking about the forum rules.  i'm talking about the good of the community.  are you with me?  should we discuss how this could be harmful to the community?

Spectre Lad

Quote from: bearded on March 15, 2009, 12:47:52 PM
the 'airing dirty laundry' rule might apply, but that is sketchy due to it being a link to words and not directly in the post.
Quotenor am I breaking any of the forum rules
boy.  does that sound familiar?
i'm not directly making any accusations.  all i'm saying is the subjects you are linking to are highly sensitive right now, especially due to potential attacks.  we need to be wary, cause we have the best intentions, right?
i'm not talking about the forum rules.  i'm talking about the good of the community.  are you with me?  should we discuss how this could be harmful to the community?

bearded, I respectfully think you are overreacting. I am not going to argue with you, you seem like a nice guy but I am not removing my content because of how you feel. That is unfair to me and I shouldn't have to ask permission to blog about public events.

Internet does not = Serious Business