Tomato's Meshes: Mirror Mirror time again! (05/25/13)

Started by Tomato, March 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Heh, then maybe I should keep it...  ;)

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tomatostuffage/ - Cyclops is up. I did something a bit unorthodox here and left the resolution for the tgas as 1024 (normally skinners resize to 512) but I feel as though most of us have hardware and connections capable of dealing with it, and if the 1024 starts making FF/FFvtTR lag any yokel with gimp can make it 512. Making them bigger again is the tough part, heh.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

billdamn22

You disappear for awhile and this is the crap you come back with. For shame!! :angry:
The skin and mesh look amazing. I can't wait to see this one in action. I hope your "colossal" project is what I think it is....

Tomato

Quote from: billdamn22 on March 24, 2009, 12:39:28 AM
You disappear for awhile and this is the crap you come back with. For shame!! :angry:
The skin and mesh look amazing. I can't wait to see this one in action. I hope your "colossal" project is what I think it is....

Heh, you think this is good? Pfft, that mesh took less than 2 hours from me deciding I wanted a new Classic Visor to a completed mesh (and that's factoring in the period where I was just going to do the new visor, without a whole mesh). This next one... heh. If only you could my screen right now  ;).

Gremlin

Quote from: Tomato on March 24, 2009, 03:09:52 AM
Quote from: billdamn22 on March 24, 2009, 12:39:28 AM

Heh, you think this is good? Pfft, that mesh took less than 2 hours from me deciding I wanted a new Classic Visor to a completed mesh (and that's factoring in the period where I was just going to do the new visor, without a whole mesh). This next one... heh. If only you could my screen right now  ;).

Yeah, if only you could the screen! :P

Sledgehammer

Excellent, Tomato!

Great Cyke, I really like it. I think you captured his essence perfectly (especially his facial expression).

Tomato

for those of you who don't know about the FR chat (for whatever silly reason) or haven't bothered with it before, I'm bored enough right now that I'll be giving a preview of my latest mesh to those who get in the shack, an offer that will stand from now until 1am. If you don't see this between that time, I might even extend that offer... possibly.

Gremlin

Tomato

Quote from: Gremlin on March 25, 2009, 06:33:24 AM
It's not 1 yet! Liar!

Huh, it's 3am here... probably should have clarified the time zone I meant as EST, heh.

No biggie though, I'll probably post a preview here later in the week. I did this mostly spur of the moment, but I'm thinking maybe, given the Colossal size of this project, I'll do one preview every week (or half a week this time 'round, since I'm done with the next set already) in the chat room, and post the previous week's preview in here. Of course, I'm already done with the meshing for the next preview as it is, so I might make it bi-weekly... tuesdays and fridays or somesuch. I have pretty much unadulterated meshing time this weekend, so I'll be done with the next couple well before then... especially if I cheat  ;)

I should put a notice up for everyone here: These previews will only have cobbled together skins from colored C6 bases and gradients. This is because (for whatever reason) it takes me over a week to finish skins while it only takes a few hours to complete something like my Cyclops.

Tomato

I was going to do the preview thing I suggested, but between the fact that I'd potentially have to skin each piece twice (once with the cheapo skin and once with the final) and that fact that it was pretty juvenile to begin with, I'm going away with it. Here's a preview of two outfits worth of mesh pieces (That's right, as in uniforms plural. Mwahaha) that I have completed (which actually covers 3 costumes I'd love to see, as his Astonishing outfit would just use the pieces from the classic).

Obviously the skins aren't great but they're just placeholders, really. Most of what I use to preview these in max is C6's Colossus anyway, so...  :P

billdamn22

Always good to see more Colossus meshes. Out of curiosity, what kind of build can we expect with this mesh?

Tomato

What do you mean by build? If you mean Muscular build, I built his base mesh up from Male_Basic to enhance his muscular sturucture, giving him a slightly stocky build, and increased the size of his hands and feet as well. After the whole mesh is done, I plan on hexing the nif to make him slightly taller than the Basic meshes, so that I don't lose the advantages of utilizing a MB biped.

Podmark

I thought it might have been Colossus. Looking good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Figure Fan

Wow. Tomato that Cyclops skin is great, and Colossus is shaping up nicely as well.

Tomato

I'm holding off on finishing Colossus for a bit, as the project is rather massive and I just don't feel like working on it right now :P.

However, I do have two projects either done or almost done on the meshing end, one of which will be sent, as soon as it's "done," over to another FR mesher for custom animations.

First, a mystery mesh. Those of you who know my current skinning binge might be able to guess if you try though.

Second, he's brave, he's bold, and he likes swords... Fighter 2.0

100% custom, Yahaha

Gremlin

Spoiler
Nice Alaric! Can't wait to see him skinned.

The cel shading on Fighter looks phenomenal! Leg mapping doesn't look like it's lined up correctly, though.

Tomato

Quote from: Gremlin on May 01, 2009, 06:10:44 AM
Spoiler
Nice Alaric! Can't wait to see him skinned.

The cel shading on Fighter looks phenomenal! Leg mapping doesn't look like it's lined up correctly, though.

It is and isn't. I did that version of the skin for Version 1, and the mapping then was meant for a cylinder. Now he has actual legs, and the original skin doesn't fit on the new mapping.

AfghanAnt

deano_ue

looks great tom, your meshing is coming along superbly.

I get first dibs on requests :P ;)

Podmark

Fighter is so unique and cool looking, and I love that hair on Mr Mystery Mesh.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

docdelorean88

Quote from: Tomato on May 01, 2009, 04:02:29 AM
I'm holding off on finishing Colossus for a bit, as the project is rather massive and I just don't feel like working on it right now :P.

However, I do have two projects either done or almost done on the meshing end, one of which will be sent, as soon as it's "done," over to another FR mesher for custom animations.

First, a mystery mesh. Those of you who know my current skinning binge might be able to guess if you try though.

Second, he's brave, he's bold, and he likes swords... Fighter 2.0

I don't know who fighter is,  but i like it! You should soooo do a few kingdom hearts characters, or think about doing some timmstyled stuff. You've got the tallent! PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
100% custom, Yahaha
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

Er... no. Timm meshes require skills I don't have, and I'd shoot myself before trying to do KH meshes. Fighter's(Fighter, FYI, is based on 8-bit theater, a "parody" of Final Fantasy 1) Hair alone took 2 months between my other projects.

docdelorean88

:huh:... :mellow:... :(... okay... :lol: JK!
No, thats cool man. I just think those would be SAWEET from you. Not even something simple like Green Lantern Timm?

Tomato

Quote from: docdelorean88 on May 02, 2009, 04:48:17 AM
   :huh:... :mellow:... :(... okay... :lol: JK!
No, thats cool man. I just think those would be SAWEET from you. Not even something simple like Green Lantern Timm?

Not really. You have to understand, the Timm toons aren't set up like MB meshes, fundamentally. Shoulders are held higher and further out, overall torso is bigger, legs are smaller... Fighter, as cartoony as he looks, was designed and put together with the MB biped in mind. But when Volsung made his Timm meshes, he had to fundamentally change that biped. I don't know how to do that, and I don't have the patience or skill to modify or create a new slew of animations for the altered biped (because, FYI, altered biped means no MB keys work with Timm meshes).

docdelorean88

Oh. Okay. Thanks for clarifying, i am now never going to mention timm things ever again after seeing how much work is involved! I would never want to put that on someone.

Tomato

Some of you know about what I've been doing, some of you don't, but I'm a bit tired ATM so... I'll let these previews explain for me a little bit. On the left is Male_basic, the right my upcoming mesh Male_Basic_TM

Got a few new ideas from Vertex after making these screens, so I'll implement those tomorrow or the day after, depending on what time I get up vs. the time I have to work tomorrow.

Also, before anyone points out the feet... they've been remapped so that the feet can be skinned via YL or Guardian.

when this is done, it'll be released via both .nif AND .max, so if anyone wants to go forth and make a male_skinny, or male_underpants or male_chickendoodledo, they're more then welcome to.

UnkoMan

Fingers? Who needs 'em?

I wonder what else will be hiding on this mesh. I also wonder what you have in way of animations. I am a curious fella.

The Hitman

I personally would like to see Male_ChickenDoodleDoo made.

EDIT: Oh, and great job on the mesh! Can't wait to try it out in- game!

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on July 15, 2009, 07:47:54 AM
Fingers? Who needs 'em?

I wonder what else will be hiding on this mesh. I also wonder what you have in way of animations. I am a curious fella.

The idea V and I came up with last night (because he's sort of helping me through the meshing end ATM) it to set up the fingers so that they can use MB keys but have individual movement if an animator wants to come up behind me and add say, Spiderman's web shooters that can be done. I've only got a vague idea how to set that up though, so I might have to have Vertex or Tommy help walk me through it.

The fingers and shoes aren't the only changes though... some of the more experienced skinners might want to look at the torso, shoulders, and neck.

Basically my idea is that this mesh will be (sans fingers, sorry) more skinner friendly then Male_Basic was... I've corrected some more subtle problems (a smidgeon of warping around the knee, the mapping of the torso has shifted so you can just flip symetical designs rather then moving them 2 to 8 pixels) as well as some major ones you can't really see (top of the head doesn't warp nearly as much, lower back is altered similar to how the abs were).

To that end, thanks to C6 and Murs, with this mesh will come with two skins... one by murs, a standard which will hopefully show off stuff like the dual boots, as well as an updated version of C6's base... not C6's new one, but the old one (edited by Murs as well) modified so as to eliminate problems with the original (like his black hole o crotch)