The Generic Voice Pack Project

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, March 17, 2009, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

Innocent Paragon written and sent.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Sledgehammer on March 18, 2009, 03:37:17 PM
This is an excellent idea! Cat and Mr. Hamrick, you'll be adding some great stuff to the Voicepack section!

First, I have a question:

Are these packs going to sound closer to the FF voicepacks? Or closer to the X-Men Legends/MUA/Justice League Heroes tone? I mean, are they going to be sort of campy, or a little more serious?

I'm wondering this because my suggestions may differ depending on which angle you are deciding to take. For instance (and I'm thinking out loud here), a male_irish kinda XML/MUA would be excellent in order to have a pack that I could use for Banshee. But that is still generic enough for other people to use it for their respective Irish heroes.

If you're going the "Right makes might!" way, there are other ideas crossing my mind right now.

Either way, as a VP creator, I'll enjoy this immensely. There's always room for more packs. I'm willing to provide you with scripts for my suggestions, too.

My crew and I can go either way with it.

I am sending off the first batch to my casting director/co-producer who is also one of the actresses in the morning.

Volsung

Just some ideas.

The wise old master^^ (Like Yoda or in any kung-fu movies^^)
The pacifist-scared by his own uncontrolled power "I don't wanna hurt you" type.
The robot-cop/detective-type. ("apprehending suspects 'blip'")
The gunslinger type "Fill him full o' lead"
A theatrical type that speak with rhyme^^

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'll be out of town for a couple of days.  Do continue while I'm gone.

EDIT:  I'm back and nothing much has happened it seems.  On the other hand, I've been told the ones sent in so far should be recorded and sent over soon.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Sledgehammer

Well, here are my requests:

female feline (Tigra)
female asian (Armor/Revanche/Sunpyre)
female french (Aurora)
female sultry (Black Cat)
female young russian (Magik - Illyana)
male arrogant (Archangel)
male individualist (Quicksilver)
male irish (Banshee)
male jungle (Ka-Zar)
male mafioso leader (Kingpin)
male omnipotent (Thanos)
male psychotic trickster (Arcade)
male shaman (Shaman)

The characters added in parenthesis are just the models I'm taking into account for their respective scripts. Don't worry - I will create generic lines, nevertheless.

First, I would like to know if these requests are okay. Especially those regarding accents. If everything's alright, I'll provide the scripts as soon as I can.

I'm going for a more serious approach here. That means, more along the lines of MUA/XML. I will also provide some description on the personal traits of each character (for example, dark, brooding voice... or calm demeanor, a person who doesn't raise his voice except if he's furious). I think that could be useful for the voice actors in order to do their work.

cmdrkoenig67

What a great sounding (pun?) project, Cat and Gary...I can add no more suggestions, as the best have been made already.

Dana  :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think we already have a male psychotic and it might be worth waiting to see if that one is similar to your idea.

The others, however, are fine.  Feel free to work on them.

Tame Fisher

I've just sent said male psychotic in. I'm actually thinking it might be easier if someone else did the females, since I think I'd probably just end up reusing a lot of the male lines. Would be interesting to see two different takes on the character type. Finishing up scary now.

Boalt92

Love the idea.

Not sure if these are covered by the others, but here are some ideas from NWN and other games I've played:

California Surfer Dude
California Valley Girl (no examples, just thought it would be funny to have slacker heroes)
Spoiler
"Sucks to be you!"
"You wanna piece of me?"
"Oh,  gnarly!"
"Awesome, totally awesome!"
"Bogus!" (thank you, Mr. Spicoli)
"Dude!"
"Sweet!" (dude, where's my supercar?)

Generic Teen Boy/Girl (i.e. Static Shock, teen titans)
Spoiler
"Dude, you are, like, so going down!"
"Let's finish this!  I have homework to do!"
"Omigod!  That's, like, sooo wrong!"
"My bad!"
"umm...a little help?"

Righteous Defender Male/Female (i.e. Thor/Wonder Woman)
Spoiler
"Fall by my might!"
"Justice will prevail!"
"You dare stand before me?"
"The wicked shall not prevail!"
"The innocent will be avenged!"

Animals/Beasts (i.e. large cat, large reptile, large bird...just a thought, not a high priority)
Spoiler
"Roar!"
"Growl!"
"Hiss!"
"Caw!" :P

Swashbuckling Male/Female
Spoiler
"Let the games begin"
"Taste my fury, you scoundrel!"
"This will be the end for you!"
"Ha Ha Ha!  Take that!"
"Once more, unto the breach my friends!"

Grisled Veteran (i.e. Dirty Harry)
Spoiler
"There's still some fight left in me!"
"You're going down, punk!"
"Go ahead, make my day!"
"Not on my watch!"

Again, just ideas....make of them what you will.

B92

catwhowalksbyhimself

The animals I already thought of, but I'm not sure about how to do those.

As for the rest--pretty good.  I'll add them to the list next time I update them.

Previsionary

minor bump:

any progression on voices or scripts? Is the project still on "go," or are we fully situated on "paused"?
Disappear when you least expe--

Iris

What about for fat superheros?

~ Thunder Adept