Architect Missions by Reborners

Started by BlueBard, March 23, 2009, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Quote from: Bugbear on April 24, 2009, 06:28:19 AM
I took the liberty of adding a few more missions by community members, BlueBard.  I hope you don't mind.

Not a problem at all, BB... Thanks for the assist!  Feel free to do it at any time.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

If any arc on the list hits the Hall of Fame or Dev's Choice, please let me know.  I will find some way of denoting that on the entry.

Funeral-Pyre

Quote from: Funeral-Pyre on April 26, 2009, 07:58:09 PM
I just published two new arcs:

Title: When Literature Attacks--Part I
Arc ID: 120894
Length 2 missions
Morality: Neutral
Enemy Groups: Custom
Description: Someone is bringing literary characters (from short stories by Poe and Hawthorne) to life in an effort to create an army to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!  (Both mishes have an EB)
Level Range: 5-54

Title: When Literature Attacks--Part II
Arc ID: 120904
Length: 1 mission
Enemy Group:  Custom and CoT
Description: The conclusion where you fight the three EBs who have been bringing the literary characters to life. (This is a defeat all with 3 EBs at the end.  You get an EB as an ally.  There is also a rescue, some battles, some patrols, and one ambush.)
Level Range: 5-54 (For squishies, they may want at least one teammate.)

I am open to any and all feedback.

I should clarify that both these arcs were published on my second account: Funeral Pyre2

Viking

I've recently published a new arc and tweaked the difficulty to a point that seems reasonable.

Title: Fog of War
Arc ID: 138914
Length: 5 missions
Enemy Groups: Council, Rikti, Red Caps, Cimeroran Traitors, Custom
Description: Architect Entertainment services has been experiencing some odd fantasy-themed glitches with their arcs.  They'd like for you to handle the debugging.  (This arc spoofs fantasy-themed MMORPGs.)
Recommended Level Range: 40+

I'd also tend to recommend bringing along at least one teammate.  The last mission includes two Elite Bosses.  And the custom enemies, while toned down, were still made to cover a range of abilities.

Marmeille

Renamed my arc "Too Many Meows", it's now called "Attack of the Copycats", freaking farmers hehe :angry:

Modified it a bit too, since the last patch made the Revenant Hero unique Crey map unavailable, reduced the numbers of cloning stations to destroy, reduced the number of patrol and added some placed mobs instead, more dancing Marmalots is a good thing.  :lol:

[edit] oh yeah, I edited the listing post with the new name [/edit]
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

BlueBard

My 2nd Arc has been published:

Framed!
Arc ID: 156995
Length: 4 missions
Morality: Heroic
Enemy Groups: Paragon Police, Custom Group
Description: Use your keen observational skills and investigative know-how to solve the case!  Hint: This mission will be much more enjoyable if you pay attention to the clues and the dialog.  This story arc is built to make you think.  It CAN be soloed and much of it can be stealthed, but it's tough on squishies.

And here are some spoilers for the frustrated:

Mission 1:
Spoiler
After you find Shifty, you need to find Officer Smithers and defeat him before he gets away.  Smithers does not appear until after you find Shifty.  You do not have to fight Detective Miller.

Mission 2:
Spoiler
The only three required objectives are to help Billingsley, search Officer Smithers' desk, and search Detective Miller's desk.  Miller's desk has a computer on it.  Smithers' desk is just like all of the rest, so it's harder to find.  Examine glowies from a distance before you click on them.  For some reason, Billingsley sometimes disappears after he's rescued instead of following you.

Mission 3:
Spoiler
The three required objectives in this mission are to get past The Doorman, Rescue the files before they can be destroyed, and then get back out past The Cleaner.  The Cleaner does not appear until you rescue the files.

Mission 4:
Spoiler
The first thing you will want to do if you are soloing is to find your ally.  You need to find the safe, interrogate the boss, and capture the impostor.  The boss will try to get away, so keep an eye out for that or you will fail the mission.

Zapow

My Galaxy Teen arc has been republished under #147486.
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Lionheart

I've put up my first arc:

Arc I.D.: 139671
Creator Global: @Crimson Shrike
Title: Granny Granite and the Senior Moment Gang
Length: 3 missions
Enemy Groups: Custom group
Description "When a doctor develops a new formula to rejuvinate his elderly patients, the experiment goes horribly awry, unleashing a crime wave on Paragon City. Soloable. Can be a challenge pre-level 10. No EB/AV. [SFMA]"

Zapow

Title: Fight of the Ages
Arc ID: 162219
Creator Global: @Kid Dynamo
Enemy Groups: Several custom groups
Description: The Matchmaker wants to pit you against the greatest warriors of all time. Are you game? AVs, ambushes, patrols, defeat all.
Recommended Level Range: 1-54 (A team is required)

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Zapow

Here Come The Clowns! has been unpublished.

Verfall

Title: The Diamant Armor
Arc ID: 166250
Enemy Groups: Council, Custom Group
Description: Follow the trail of a lost 5th Column armor prototype
Recommended Level Range: 1-54 (Team would be preferable, but doable solo)
"My word and world holds ground and is real
Your word is like floods of poisoned water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues
You can never corrupt me again"

BlueBard

We're at a total of 35 published missions on the list.  Great job, Architects!

BlueBard

BTW... I highly recommend playing "Union Dues and Don'ts" by Tortuga.  It's a riot (literally!) and very well done.  Both the narrative and the dialogue are funny and clever. 

I was able to solo it with my Illusion/Empathy controller using stealth tactics, but it was challenging even so.  I expect that this would be a really fun mission for a Scab... uh, I mean, a Scrapper.

BlueBard

Just an fyi for anyone who's played through "Framed!" and gotten annoyed with it...

I have edited and republished it with a few tweaks, hopefully for the better.  The basic premise hasn't changed... you're supposed to pay attention to little details just like a detective.  Stealth is easier than brute force.  You can blow through it if you want, but it will take longer.  If that's not your thing, this arc is probably not for you.

If you have any feedback, please let me know here or in-game (@BlueBard).

Spoilers...

Spoiler
Common Crooks no longer have the MM Thugs powerset.  They now use baseball bats (war mace).

Muggers are still able to hide, sorry.  Not gonna change.

Added general hints for completing the arc.

Mission 1: Added text to let the player know they are supposed to look for a crooked cop AFTER they find the body.  Changed patrol dialogue to provide a hint.

Mission 2: Changed Smither's desk to be distinct from the other Police Officers' desks.

Mission 2: Still don't know why Billingsley sometimes disappears instead of following as an ally.

Tortuga

I've taken down "3 R's" and replaced it with "The Ones".  Here's the info...

Title: The Ones
Arc ID: 180853
Length: 3 missions
Enemy Groups: Snakes, Tuatha, Nictus, Customs
Description: Montague Castanella (Midnighter Squad) has given you the task of finding The One.  Problem is, there are too many Ones!
Recommended Level Range: 1-54 (Team is recommended, especially for Mission 3)

The story is serious (although based on the humorous idea that tens of thousands "Ones" exist in CoH/V) but the characters you meet are fun.  Enjoy and please send feedback.  Receiving stars is great, feedback about how more stars could be received is even better.

BlueBard

"Framed!" has been unpublished due to general bugginess.  No immediate plans to republish.

JKCarrier

How The Other Half Lives
by: @JKCarrier
Arc ID: 191775
Length: 4 Missions
Level Recommended: 43-50
Enemy Groups: Hydra, Rikti, Vanguard Shield, Arachnos
Description: It's so crazy, it just might work: Paragon City and the Rogue Isles have agreed to exchange representatives, so each can see how the other half lives. Can you take a young villain under your wing and steer them towards good? Or at least keep them out of trouble?

BlueBard

Mission List has been updated.

Also, "A Day In The Life" has been updated to use name variables; Now you can see your own hero's name instead of being called "Hey, You!".

Now if I could just get it to recognize gender in a way that would let me plug in a boyfriend for those lady heroes...

Reepicheep

Quote from: BlueBard on May 31, 2009, 04:16:35 AM
Mission List has been updated.

Also, "A Day In The Life" has been updated to use name variables; Now you can see your own hero's name instead of being called "Hey, You!".

Now if I could just get it to recognize gender in a way that would let me plug in a boyfriend for those lady heroes...

I kinda enjoyed it the way it is when I played it with Sister Hyperion.

:)

BlueBard

New update!

I've published "Gemini Rising" (Arc ID 210396).  It's a new supervillain for Patriot City, but anybody who's ever played Freedom Force will recognize the M.O..

Please, play it and give me feedback.  It's 3 missions long.  It's playable by anyone of any level, but one of the groups is specially designed for heroes between 5-15... That's where you'll see the most variation in minions.  It was also intended to be soloable, so teams and thrill-junkies might want to crank up the difficulty a little.  However, my fire/fire scrapper got toasted repeatedly in mission 2, so much so that I scaled back one of the NPC types before I published it.

The mission is intended to pay homage to Freedom Force, and fans of that game should be able to see it.  But, I didn't want to trip over any ToS violations so I didn't make it blatant.

If enough people like this one, I may try to do more like it.  But different.

Lionheart

I liked it. My daughter and I will probably run it together next. Knowing FF, it was easy to pick out the homage. You did manage to hide it from a ToS standpoint pretty well.

rain

So I am pretty proud of this one:

Title: Deus Ex -I
Arc ID: 246920
Length 5 missions
Enemy Groups: Custom
Description: The rise of a new threat or just business as usual in Kings Row?
Level Range: 1-50
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

BlueBard

Finally... I am pleased to present for your enjoyment and feedback...

Villain For Hire
Arc ID: 318388
Length: Long (5 missions)
Morality: Villainous
Enemy Groups: Security Guards, Longbow, Family, Arachnos
Recommended Level Range: 5-40

"When times are bad, a bad guy sometimes has to resort to extreme measures... like becoming a villainous temp for hire!"

BlueBard

FYI... 'A Day In The Life' has been republished (same ID) to compensate for changes in the MA interface as well as to greatly reduce the 'electric death' and mastermind spawn factor of the mobs.  It is currently back to a Work-In-Progress status.  If you play it, please give me feedback.

For anyone who hasn't updated their missions in awhile, remember that you really need to check your missions after an issue or patch change affects MA.  A previously enjoyable mission can quickly become unplayable.

(UY discovered the hard way that one of the bosses had been replaced and could no longer be found except for a specific level range, making the mission impossible to complete by anyone of the wrong level...)

Also, if anyone has new missions they'd like to see on the list please post here.  Thanks!

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: BlueBard on November 30, 2009, 05:41:03 PM
FYI... 'A Day In The Life' has been republished (same ID) to compensate for changes in the MA interface as well as to greatly reduce the 'electric death' and mastermind spawn factor of the mobs.  It is currently back to a Work-In-Progress status.  If you play it, please give me feedback.

For anyone who hasn't updated their missions in awhile, remember that you really need to check your missions after an issue or patch change affects MA.  A previously enjoyable mission can quickly become unplayable.

(UY discovered the hard way that one of the bosses had been replaced and could no longer be found except for a specific level range, making the mission impossible to complete by anyone of the wrong level...)

Also, if anyone has new missions they'd like to see on the list please post here.  Thanks!

I had fun with the bit I managed to play through.  Doubly so as the toon I was using was the only one where I have taken the time to create a "street clothes" costume slot.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Zetor

'Eyall, long time no post.  :P

I've been messing around in COH for a while, and created an arc that can also be considered somewhat of an homage to one of the Best Villains of All Time?: NUCLEAR WINTER!

Arc ID: #299972
Arc Name: The Coldest of Wars
Alignment: Heroic
Level range: 1-54 ("officially" 40-45, but I used a lv18-20 villain group for playtesting)
Enemy groups: Crey, Freakshow, Winter Horde, custom group (moderately challenging)
Synopsis: The Federal Bureau of Super-Powered Affairs keeps a close eye on Crey, trying to find evidence about a suspected illicit superhero engineering program. You assist agent Janet Kellum following a lead about a potential breakthrough, only to find that this time, Crey have bitten off way more than they can chew; their meddling has awakened an ancient, all-but-forgotten enemy. Can you stop this old-new menace before it's too late?
Other notes: This is a light-hearted arc in the spirit of 60's TV spy shows; it is intended to be a prelude to the 'official' Crey-related Janet Kellum arc. Last mission has a controller-type EB, but it will downgrade to a soloable boss on a low difficulty setting. Alternatively, carry breakfrees! The custom group has been re-tuned after I16 to be significantly less annoying and still give good XP.

Edit: if anyone's interested in reviews, I linked 'em in the the 'official' MA publicity post [ http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=187774 ], but can link them here as well

Take care,

-- Z.
VoxForce -- Ye Olde Voicepacke Collectione
Anachroforce -- Ambitious Mods 'R Us (old old beta version)
CoH: @Zaphir (Check out my Architect missions!)

BlueBard

That sounds like fun, Zetor... I'll try to play that one soon if I can!

Zetor

I just finished the first version of my entry for the 2nd Architect Challenge.

Arc ID: #374644
Arc Name: To Dream of Nothing
Alignment: Heroic
Length: long (4 missions; 3 small maps, one large warehouse map, some linked objectives)
Level range: 5-10
Enemy groups: Council, Family, custom group (Council/Nictus/custom EB)
Synopsis: A strange anomaly has nullified the powers of every powerful hero and villain in Paragon City; the only ones who can still use their powers are new heroes and petty villains. You are a new hero fresh after your first mission, and the FBSA sends you to Positron right away. He is desperately trying to find the cause of the anomaly, and asks you - as a hero who still has powers - to help him in his investigation.
Other notes: I tried to go 'all in' here and create an epic-horror-mystery-action-drama amalgamation with lots of (optional) detail to flesh out the story; it heavily builds on 'The Origin of Power' Midnighter arc, but the most important parts of it are explained within the arc itself. Last mission has a blaster-type EB, but it will downgrade to a boss on a low difficulty setting; you will also have two lieutenant-level allies with you.

(as an aside, 'The Coldest of Wars' has been nominated for the bi-monthly Player Choice awards and got #2nd place, only one vote from #1... it's no dev choice, but at least it shows that beating up Russian villains never gets old :p)

Take care,

-- Z.
VoxForce -- Ye Olde Voicepacke Collectione
Anachroforce -- Ambitious Mods 'R Us (old old beta version)
CoH: @Zaphir (Check out my Architect missions!)

BlueBard

Seeing as how I am currently not playing CoX and not sure when or if I will come back, does anyone want to take over this list?