Having waaaaay too much fun with a program

Started by Tomato, March 27, 2009, 03:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevenforce

Hahaha, thanks Tomato, didn't expect that :lol:

Do the three have names? For some reason I keep thinking Desmona for the middle one :rolleyes:

As a suggestion, more aesthetic than anything else, have you thought of using a transparent background? I know, I know, minor minor nitpick :P
I so need booze -_-

Tomato

Quote from: Sevenforce on April 09, 2009, 09:21:49 AM
Hahaha, thanks Tomato, didn't expect that :lol:

Do the three have names? For some reason I keep thinking Desmona for the middle one :rolleyes:

As a suggestion, more aesthetic than anything else, have you thought of using a transparent background? I know, I know, minor minor nitpick :P

Their characters do, yes. Yami, Mahty, and Sai. Some of you might recognize Mahty from my Influx skins, but Yami and Sai haven't been seen here before (outside of some very bad skins years ago which I want to forget), at least not unmasked.

As far as aesthetics go, I'd prefer to do these things that way (It'd make editing them easier for me, if nothing else) but I can't take these straight from the program, I have to print screen and paste them into PSP. I'd have to manually add the transparency back in, and that would take more time then the actual editing.

Tomato

I'm trying to be a nice guy here, but really, I'm getting annoyed and those who know me know not a good state for me to be in. I tend to go nuts and flame people. So I am going to clarify something about my "I take requests" statement that, I thought, was rather obvious.

This thread, and all the images I put in it (whether they be from FR or not) are AVATARS. I have about a dozen X-men, I haven't posted them. I could do the rest of my original Influx chars (sans the ones already up here due to them being avatars for me and friends) but I wouldn't post them. Consequently, all requests that I will do in relation to this thread are AVATAR RELATED. If I won't even post my OWN originals here, I'm sure as pizza not doing yours.

Another thing... This thread is for drawn artwork. I've gotten a request for skins in my PM box, I won't say from whom (and I would advise said person not to post a reply here, and don't bother apologizing... I understand, even if it does annoy me) and I flat out do not do that unless I know the person, and/or the character. (For instance, if TUE were to request a custom mesh bit, or Prem an FX piece) In the entire time I've been here, I've think I've taken maybe one skin request (and I still cannot finish it, BTW) and have only completed one contest despite entering several. And in the case of the request and at least one of the contests, I was so drained of creative energy I left shortly afterward.

Now, there is a good possibility of me maybe doing an avatar skin or five because of this thread. I'm an avatar guy, always have been. But the work will be on MY terms, because I want to do it.

Anyway, rant over. Image now!

I felt doing this was sort of appropriate since I initially designed him, heh.

Edit:Missed a few details, I was kinda tired when I put it together >.<

vamp

Looks awesome man, I hope to see more  ;)

Spoiler
Is that GGiant? I didn't know if you wanted them named so I put it in here to be on the safe side

Tomato

Spoiler
That's fine, technically speaking people could also look at the filenames, if they wanna cheat  ;)

actually, the only reason I don't post names is because I'm curious how many people actually recognize all the FR ones

vamp

Spoiler
Yeah..I knew that *coughs to cover up the obvious lie*

Glitch Girl

Finally had a chance to sit down and really play with this editor.  It's quite versatile and got plenty of tools and part, though there is one amusing bug - I switched to a chat window, and as I was typing suddenly one of the parts started dancing around the screen, as it was reacting to the editor's shortcut commands as I hit them in chat.  Took me a second to realize what was happening.  :)

If anyone's interested, I made MJB pretty close without any PS editing.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Gremlin

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 14, 2009, 04:33:28 PM
Finally had a chance to sit down and really play with this editor.  It's quite versatile and got plenty of tools and part, though there is one amusing bug - I switched to a chat window, and as I was typing suddenly one of the parts started dancing around the screen, as it was reacting to the editor's shortcut commands as I hit them in chat.  Took me a second to realize what was happening.  :)

If anyone's interested, I made MJB pretty close without any PS editing.

Heh. That's amusing. You gonna show it off, Glitchie? ^_^

Glitch Girl

You don't mind me posting here?  Since it was your thread I thought it should be your call.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 14, 2009, 11:37:05 PM
You don't mind me posting here?  Since it was your thread I thought it should be your call.

I take it that's directed at me :blink:?

I don't care, actually. I may not put it in the first post, but I'll definitely steal take a look at what you've done sofar.

Oh, and that chat thing? happens to me all the time, especially when prem's on when I'm trying to work on them.

Discoking090

I modified it yo.  :ph34r:

Tomato

Quote from: Discoking090 on April 15, 2009, 12:17:01 AM
how do you save the image

Firstly, way to go quoting the biggest post in this thread in a completely unnecessary fashion. Really, spectacular show there.

Secondly, you can't. Hit print screen, paste it into Paint or Gimp or whatever, then crop it down manually.

Discoking090

it was an accident. what do I do if i have a mac?

Glitch Girl

Discoking, you can go back and edit your post and take out the quoted text.

If you're on a Mac, this should help you take a screen shot: Link

And here are two I put together.  Again, was trying to do as much as possible without any post production - just using the program.

(upon reflection I should have narrowed MJB's nose a touch for more facial variety, but too late now.  Oh well)

-Glitch Girl

gdaybloke

Now there's a good lookin' pair o' blokes...

Figure Fan

Tomato

Firstly, go here. Seriously, go now

Secondly, what do the following avatars have in common:

vamp

Sweeeeeeet!!!  I can't even imagine how much post production was necessary to do mine. Thanks alot   :wub:

Gremlin

HAHAHAHA! 'Mato, you amuse me tremendously. ^_^

The Hitman

Great Spotlight, 'Mato.

And... I know what the connection is. I was one of the few that redid my avatar for this, but then crapped out on the Herofile.

Reepicheep

bat1987

Awesome, looks like you`re having a lot of fun with this!
Can`t wait to see more.

deano_ue

Quote from: Tomato on April 17, 2009, 11:39:16 PM
Firstly, go here. Seriously, go now

Secondly, what do the following avatars have in common:

I've payed my dues, time after time.

Tomato

Glitch Girl

Nipplehoses!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Nicely done Tomato. 

As for that group you posted earlier...  what do they have in common... hmmm....  are these all characters in a new FR mod?

-Glitch Girl

Tomato

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 19, 2009, 03:29:03 PM
Nipplehoses!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Nicely done Tomato. 

As for that group you posted earlier...  what do they have in common... hmmm....  are these all characters in a new FR mod?

That...

Is a secret.

MikeB7

Tomato

UnkoMan

Tomato

I very much doubt anyone but the recipient will guess who this one is without cheating.