News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pointer for JLA mod for FF

Started by freegentile, March 27, 2009, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freegentile

I am in the mission on Oa, where you have to fight all the Nihilist crowd & the Manhunters...any tips on who to add to GL & Flash for the team? I just cannot beat this mission & I've tried everyone. Thank you very much...you all made some AWESOME mods!

freegentile

Sorry, this is the DCU mod, not the JLA mod.

wickerman

I think i used Cap Marvel and Wonder Woman.  Could be wrong, I haven't played that mod in forever, but i seem to recall using Cap Marvel constantly.

If that doesn't work, go into FFedit and make GOD.  IF the bad guys beat GOD, you might just have a cursed version of the game  :blink:
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

freegentile

Captain Marvel, eh? I noted that he's available for Danger Room for this mod, but not for any of the standard missions. Any way to free up ALL the heroes & not just the ones they have listed for that mission? So FF has a "God mode", eh? :)  If you're not joking, tell me how you enable said feature  :B

Thank you kindly. I'm quite certain my copy of FF is not anathema.

Peace out!

ross_horowitz

It's been a while, but I say Superman and the Martian Manhunter.

Use J'onn's Mind Control when you can. I think it works better on the Initiates than the others.

wickerman

I might be thinking of a different point in the game after Cap becomes available.  MM, WW a Gl and Supes should be just as good - you might look at toning down the difficulty level too.  I don;t remember having to do so, but I do remember some of the missions being pretty tough.

It CAN be done though, I remember accidentally taking Batman on the final mission.  I wionlt spoil it for you, but he was about as useful there as a seatbelt on a surf board.
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

donovan5

Not sure when he's available but Green Arrow tends to be pretty usefull on any mission,with his exploding arrows he can cause most enemies problems

Checkmate

Funny, I've been playing that mod myself, and am trying to get through that same level. My first couple of tries, with Superman and Zatanna, were disastrous.

I watched the status bar while playing, and noticed that the Manhunters are vulnerable to electricity, the initiates to mental control, and the priestesses in the third phase to heat. I've gotten the farthest so far using Azrael (for his electrical taser) and Martian Manhunter (for mind control and mind heal), but I want to try again with Azreal and Superman (for his heat vision). That taser, with its high stun percentage, is turning out to be incredibly useful.

Dr. Fate and Superman might also be effective.

I'm finding that the best strategy for GL is to have him take two shots with his power blast, then fly to the other side of the map and wait to recharge. That way, he stays out of danger (since the round ends if he falls) but is still of some use.

Captain Marvel, Green Arrow, and Firestorm are not available for this round. I noticed, though, that I could have recruited Black Adam before the round started.

Checkmate

Finally got through the Oa level.  :thumbup: I used Green Lantern (hit-and-run tactics; take 1 or 2 blasts at the most convenient target, then fly as far away as possible until he's back to full energy), Flash (more hit-and-run; Flash Spin against clusters of opponents and Flash Charge against stragglers, then run away and rest), Azrael (taser against Manhunters and Initiates, batarang against Commandos and Priestesses; he was incredibly useful), and Martian Manhunter (mind control to turn opponents against each other; mind heal to free teammates from the Priestesses' hypnosis; throw big rocks whenever possible).

Next level is New Genesis. I get to pick all four heroes, but Flash is unavailable. Captain Marvel just got unlocked, but I don't have the points to recruit him yet. I'm leaning towards Superman, Firestorm, either Booster Gold or Green Lantern, and either Dr. Fate or Martian Manhunter. But I just looked over the character stats, and I was shocked to find that Superman's invulnerability gives him no protection against crushing or energy attacks, only acid and piercing. What's up with that?

Checkmate

Now I'm up to the Legion level. Got a couple of problems:

1) I got as far as the Life Support Room, then the program crashed... eight times in a row. I finally realized, and proved by experiment, that the program crashes whenever Karate Kid uses his "Reaping the Whirlwind" attack. There's something about that move that my system doesn't like. I tried going through it again with Spark, and it crashed when she used "Electric Arc." It looks like any melee attack with an arc gives me a fatal error on this level.

2) I managed to get all the way through without using any arc attacks, and ended up back where I started from. The main objective was to reboot the computer system, but I had Brainiac 5 check every console I found along the way (or so I thought), and none of them had a Reboot option. I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Or is that the whole point?