News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

outwit

Started by steamteck, April 04, 2009, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamteck

I really really hate this power. It really hits you with a club about how poor a simulation of the source material Heroclix can be. I'd either remove it completely or reserve to Dr. Fate , Dr Strange if anyone.

Part of the problem is they hand it out willy nilly. Catwoman for example????

BWPS

I haven't played in a very long time...

That's my favorite power. Against enemies with 4 clicks of whatever super-invulnerability is called (where you have a 50% chance of hitting them WITH a -2 click damage), that can pretty much ruin your day. Then what's the point of playing anyone who isn't super-tough?
But of course giving it to some characters who really don't have any way to outwit powers, like Catwoman, is silly. However for popular heroes without any other real powers, that prevents them from making them like 6 point figures.

My favorite piece when I played was a vet Kraven The Hunter who had a few clicks of outwit and some kind of good range powers. He could take out Hulk and Absorbing Man all day long. Until we got bored and just played Magic.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

steamteck

Its imperviousness you're thinking about. -2 damage and  they shrug even that off on a 5 or 6 on 1D6.  I much prefer  penetrating or psychic blast where the character himself does the damage doesn't sit back and nullify powers.  Even then it should be far and few in between. I know the point is some almost anyone can take anyone but it doesn't work for me the way its set up..

I kind of feel like why bother to make  actual comic characters when with powers like outwit, Catman,azreal  and Catwoman have a very very good chance of defeating Thor and Hulk.  My problem is I tend to treat them like they were the characters not the clix figures who often have very puzzling builds.

For all that most of the time I do enjoy playing it  quite a bit.

Iris

Should Be exculsuive to batman, or the smart people.

steamteck

Actually  IMO batman and company should have "exploit weakness" if anything so they go do the job themselves instead of sitting back and nullifying powers. Outwit should be limited to Dr fate, Dr  Strange etc IMO.

I personally find with outwit  where the defense gos down for everyone attacking that turn and outwit being so common often means that the medium high tough guys like abomination simply are not worth getting. It leads to situations that as I said painfully remind me its a poor simulation when certain fairly common powers are involved.

SHAUNIE

Well, "Outwit" is like what every Batman has lol... and I always thought it was good because of how he defeats his opponents in comics. And without it, he won't be able to be as good as a piece... but when you mention it as you have, which is usually how it is used, I do so agree. Exploit Weakness would be perfect if maybe it acted as an close and ranged combat action... but with it being ONLY close, he is doomed. He'll get that hit it on Supes... but he has just made Supes man, and now he'll get hit with 6 clicks of doom. Someone else mentioned how they just give powers to anyone. Again, I agree. Outwit is about the only way characters who aren't cosmic level can hang with the big boys! And I hate when my cousin would give Black Adam, Captain Marvel, and Superman "Fortitude"... Ugh...