News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

flash punch

Started by bearded, April 12, 2009, 08:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i've just thought of a different perspective of how to do flash.  instead multiple contact, what about one big contact, superman level effect?  the animation would be the same, a whole bunch of punches, but the contact happening at the end.
otherwise, the low level magnitude is still overwhelming.  and low level just doesn't seem right to me.
how do you guys do flash?

wickerman

you'll have to forgive me for not having specifics at hand, but...

I have a mesh with a VERY fast single punch animation as his default attack.  I also have a multi contact punch (6?).  I give him medium damage as a default (vs low for most) and I also gave him blitzkrieg.  Finally, I have a Extreme damage and knockback infinite mass punch (and maybe 300 percenter too) to simulate him revving up to the speed of light and creaming someone.  I think I made this punch an energy attack to make sure material types and stuff like solid skeleton didn't blunt the damage.  It is still not perfect though because people with energy defenses can still shrug it off.

Flash IMO is one of the harder guys to model in the game...
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

herodad1

i dont go with the speed force thing with my flash.i handle mine as just a plain speedster which in game is pretty effective.his punches are all low level on mag.,stun, and knockback but the speed is very fast.if i didnt it would be over with too fast because i give him a high passive defense on dodging( 75% ).the one thing i give him zero% dodge is any area attack.i up the mag.,stun, and knockback on any speeding slam moves.who is could give anyone a hard time that can move faster than light?i like flash but i do try to give the other guys a fighting chance.poor old rogues.