News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Buried

Started by BentonGrey, April 13, 2009, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I hope this finds everyone feeling well.  Don't worry, this isn't an "I'm leaving thread," or anything like that.  It is, however, an "I'm busy" thread.  I'm trying desperately to finish my thesis so I can graduate, while at the same time trying to find a teaching job for next year.  Things are pretty tense in Grey's world at the moment, so I'm not left with tons of time for my hobbies.  I'll still be trying to work on the DCUG and keep up with the forums, but I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm not just drifting away or anything.  My absence of late has been caused by specific circumstances, and I hope that things will be back to normal by the summer.  I love this community, and I have put way too much time and effort into the DCUG not to finish it, so don't worry about that.  For those of you who are part of my project, I hope that you will continue work, and I will still be here to help you should you need me.  I'm just going to stay busy for the next little bit. 

For those of you who pray, please offer one for me.  I am feeling really buried beneath my thesis, and I'm struggling.  Thank you friends.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

stumpy

Having been through the push to finish a thesis a couple times myself, I know how consuming it can be. Good luck, and we'll be here when you get a little more breathing room.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

bearded

good.  i was worried about you.  but did not want to pry.

thalaw2

We will be here when you finish. 

Ever thought of teaching overseas?
革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

Good luck Benton, we'll be here when you get back.  Beat that thesis into submission. :)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

The Hitman

lugaru

Best of luk and let mi cnow if you ned somebodi to chek your spelling on yor thesis.

Torch

USAgent

I will definatly be praying for you over here Benton. Good luck!

Gremlin

In my prayers. Good luck, man.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Best of luck with the thesis and the job hunt BG. 

billdamn22

Best of luck to you. I wish you well in all your endeavors.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the well wishes guys, and definitely thanks for the prayers!  I am feeling much better about things, but still utterly busy.  I spoke with my adviser, and I'll still be able to walk in graduation, even if I don't manage to finish my thesis by the end or the semester.  I'll have until around July to finish and defend, which is quite a bit more do-able.  The job hunt is still stressful, but here's hoping something will turn up. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GogglesPizanno

As Someone who just went through the whole layoff/find work thing again myself (without the additional stress of schooling) I know what a drain it can be.

Best o Luck.

Cyber Burn

Best of luck Benton. Don't be a stranger. :D