News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A concern

Started by Failed_Hero, April 16, 2009, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

Hey Folks,

So I'm not normally a guy who does this kind of sappy,dramatic thing.  But I have recently discovered some growths around my collar bone, I have come from the doctor today and he has ordered a biopsy.  I know that this seems routine but due to proximity of growths to my lymph nodes my doctor is concerned, and so am I.  This community for while has been an outlet and impression to me in the furtherance of my work on my personal creations which I do hope to get a full script completed one day.  

I do not know what is in store, but I appreciate you thoughts, and thank you for being such a great community of fans, writers, and artists.

F_H... Isaac
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

style

Hope everything is ok. :(
The Ultimate Fan!

It's a new mutant power! and now "they" know!!

*puts on tin foil hat*

good luck

The Hitman

Wow, good luck, buddy.

Gremlin

Wow. Good luck, man. You're in my prayers.

Glitch Girl

Here's hoping for "benign cysts".   Our thoughts and prayers are with you. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

Exactly.  I think "good luck" sums it up about as well as I could manage. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Failed_Hero

Thank you for the response guys, I'll keep ya'll posted as I learn of what is happening.

Blkcasanova247

Take care of yourself man and I hope everything works out well.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Alaric

Hope it's not serious. Good luck!
Fear the "A"!!!

The_Baroness

good luck on it , let's hope for the best

cmdrkoenig67

Good luck, Isaac...I hope everything is okay.

Dana

lugaru

Hope everything works out, but remember catching things early makes all the difference and it looks like you did.

Cyber Burn

prayers are with you FH. take care of yourself.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Here's wishing you good luck FH; I hope it all turns out okay.

Failed_Hero

My biopsy is scheduled for May 8th, thanks for the support folks.  Considering the number lumps I have found sense my appointment I am suspecting that at least some of these growths are marbled muscle or "muscle knots" which is where my pain is probably coming from, however after consulting my doc he still wants me to go through with biopsy because the placement of some of the growths being more beneath the skin and close to the bone (i.e. the firsts ones I have found) than in muscle tissue.

bat1987

Dude, dunno what to say other than good luck and take care.
Hope everything turns OK.

Failed_Hero

Thank you stumpy for Pming me.

The update on my growths is still up in the air.  Instead of a biopsy the doctors did a consultation and took x-rays.  After the exam, the pain that had waned returned in minor resurgence.  The doc's believe the growths to be bineign, but pain in the body is never good sign unless it involve s exercise even you are probably not doing something right.  If my pain persists I will be asking to have an MRI done in order to see if there is muscle tissue damage or nerve damage, or is these things are simply pressing on pain receptors.  I can honestly live with the minor pain for the rest of my life if I have too, I just want to know what is causing it.

Thank you all for your concern.  Please however, remember Benton Grey and his family in your thoughts and for those who do in your prayers. 

stumpy

Thanks for the update. I was curious how things had gone.

I guess you don't have solid answers yet, but the docs' reaction sounds basically like good news. The docs apparently don't believe it's life-threatening. I am not a medical doctor, but I can't imagine they would be piddling around with X-rays of soft tissue if they thought it to be cancer or something.

It's a little less confidence inspiring that it seems like they might be horsing around with this. I don't know what they hope to learn from radiological diagnosis. You have a topical condition; seems like they should biopsy it. Five minutes in the office to take a bit of one and put a stitch in you. That way, they can send it to a real lab, apply some dyes, look at the cells under a microscope, test for unusual proteins if necessary, etc. and figure out what is really going on.

Anyway, I'm glad things are okay thus far. Keep on 'em.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Uncle Yuan

FH - somehow this thread slipped past me.  Best of luck with everything.

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Outcast

I pray it's nothing serious FH. I also hope the doctors can help you feel better.