News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Syphoning Currents

Started by electro, April 17, 2009, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro

Starting a section to show off my sprites :blink:

Blob from marvel - My first try at the character & with a bit more time he might look alright

Some Mr. Fantastic goofiness

Gremlin

Pretty good! That Blob looks so hideous in exactly the right way.

Glitch Girl

I like Mr Fantastic.  The eyeball bit is a bit grotesque, but the Block still works perfectly for him. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

electro

Thanks for the comments guys & gals - Hopefully i'll be able to keep up the pace on making him but, my 360 returns this week from Microsoft so that might eat a little time away from drawing & spriting :blink:

Spoiler

AfghanAnt

You did these? They are great, Electro.  :)

electro

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 20, 2009, 09:49:58 PM
You did these?  :)

Spoiler

Yea just scanned a few pics from my littered notebook of drawings from work & "walla" just apply some colored dots to the image & place in the Mugen engine :blink:

PreRaphaelite

That is one grotesque looking blob (in a good way). I always enjoy seeing the sketch against the finished product, and it has definitely translated well.
I was about to say 'I wouldn't like to bump into him on a dark night', but I think it would be much worse to have him stampeding at me on a well-lit day. Keep up the good work!
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

electro

Worked on a Havok Stance - The video shows how the chest will pulse in the stance but, the sprites are a bit old compared to the resized stance with the neck rings added to the costume - These sprites are from preexisting characters from fighting games & not original like Blob or Mr Fantastic :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHlKCh3Z8c

classic Cyclops

Yellow Jacket - His feet are to big i've been told so i'll change that

primus

You are extremely talented, I never knew there was an option to use hand drawn images in mugen.

electro

Finished watching the Mad Max series & decided to do a sketch - Did it based on the secound flick because that was the only good one in my opinion :blink:

Xenolith

Pretty good, electro!  Nice details.

electro

Old 2009 pencil I did of City of Heroes "The Lost" - Those grously mutated trash can peoples that populate the game - I got bored a added some pen to this picture - Not my best work but still kinda funny  :blink:

electro

A demo of my upcomming mini comic of Hulk vs Wolverine - This is a pic of hulk arriving in Canada where the battle will inevitably be held - I suck with paint programs but will be painting this for the final product - The story is pretty much written but a few details like Hulks color or Wolvie's costume are still in limbo - Stay tuned :blink:

MJB

Really nice job on the Hulk page, Electro. Can't wait to see it in color.

Xenolith

Your backgrounds are really good.  You have a real Corben/Crumb vibe to your work.  I hope you take that as a compliment.  It's intended to be one.   :thumbup:

ELECTR0

Been awhile since i've shown any artwork around here, so here goes.

Lost Cabin

Last dream of a dying lady

Crass - Humanoid Dragon from my comic Planet Vanta

To kill a Behemoth

Blob - taking a dump ^_^ this one is unfinished, but you get the idea

AfghanAnt

spydermann93

Quote from: electro on February 13, 2010, 03:53:33 AM
Old 2009 pencil I did of City of Heroes "The Lost" - Those grously mutated trash can peoples that populate the game - I got bored a added some pen to this picture - Not my best work but still kinda funny   :blink:

Maaaan, I miss all of the villains and heroes from CoH, CoV, and CoR.  There were really neat designs and I was a big fan of all of the original content that the game came up with. I also loved all of the homages that they made to older creations, intentional or not (the Lost reminded me a lot of the Morlocks :P).

Also, like AA, I really love the detail you put in the Cabin. It's just phenomenal. I like all of your other work as well, but the Cabin really stands out.

ELECTR0

Thanks guys! I would have thought the Lost Cabin would have been the more boring picture of the bunch, but every time I show it, that's the one that seems to get the most complements. Maybe I should do more scenery drawings? As for The Lost picture, it hurts to even look at it. I miss that game so much. I loved everything about it and can't wait to see if City of Titans can carry the torch.

Here is another pic that I meant to post. It's based on my brothers design of a Blue Psionic Troll from our comic book.

naitvalis

hallo Electro and congratulation for your works! as an old arcade game player i can only be amazed by your mugen stuff ,your illustrations are also very interesting expecially in the details, my favourite is "To kill a Behemoth" (by the way i don't know if to kill a giant dragon the best way is jump on him, and, to be more clear, i don't suggest any manual wich show this picture as a standard method.)

ELECTR0

LoL, well it's more about the environment. The knight has lured him into a cave to fight taking away the dragons ability to fly and move around well. At some point the knight must strike and if he's going to strike it might as well be the head. Glad you like it!

ELECTR0

This is a portrait I drew for a Mugen character Man Scorpion i'm making. The character comes from Capcom's Dungeons and Dragons game : Shadow Over Mystara. he's a boss character & thus did not have any portraits.

spydermann93

Quote from: electro on February 13, 2010, 03:53:33 AM
Old 2009 pencil I did of City of Heroes "The Lost" - Those grously mutated trash can peoples that populate the game - I got bored a added some pen to this picture - Not my best work but still kinda funny   :blink:

I miss CoH :(

I love the art, though!  :thumbup:

ELECTR0

Not as much as me.  :( It is still my favorite game of all time. It was one of the few superhero games that actually made me feel powerful, no matter what abilities I had.

Figure Fan

The cabin and dragon drawings are both really good. I love the details.