News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So, I went back and looked through the archives, and apparently I've gone almost two years without updating my Avatar skin. I really have been slacking off  :rolleyes:

billdamn22

I am so jealous of your face work. Every time you skin him it gets better. I don't like the black costume, though. Maybe add some highlights so it stand out more.  :P
Can't wait to see the finished piece.

docdelorean88

Looks great! You should definately do more mainstream stuff. If only for the facework! Great stuff cant wait to see more.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

How did I miss this one. I really love the eyes.

What image program are you using?

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 20, 2009, 01:45:00 AM
How did I miss this one. I really love the eyes.

What image program are you using?

I use Paint Shop Pro X2, love it's vector tools. Makes creating logos relatively easy.

Quote from: billdamn22 on April 19, 2009, 12:04:46 PM
Every time you skin him it gets better.

eh, that's a matter of opinion, methinks. Personally, I prefer the one I did waaay back during the FC days over the next couple.

Tomato

For those who don't already know, the skin base I'm working on for this skin will be serving a dual purpose for me. On top of being a shiney base for my Tomato skin, I'm designing the whole thing in such a way that I'll be able to severely cut back on the work I have to do with every skin. Previously, I would restart every skin essentially from scratch, thus the slow outpouring of releases from me. This base, however, is layered so that I can quickly change it to the colors I want without all the tediousness of re-highlighting every. single. time.

In short, Me more skins make.

Oh, and check out them thumbs!

Podmark

More skins is always good :D

And this one looks excellent. Highlights are prefect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

The Hitman

Lookin' pretty good so far, Mr. Tomatoy- Head! Really, really like that face work.

laughing paradox

Tomato

Tomato

In Ripest Day
In Sweetest Night
No Chocolate Will Escape My Sight
Let Those Who Worship Sugar's Might
Beware My Vitamins
Tomato Lantern's Light

The Hitman

TAP43

That is looking really great, looking forward to seeing the rest when it's done.

Tomato

hit reply before my post was finished, anyone who has posted since then might want to look up  ;)

deano_ue

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Holy crap! I had the same idea for my avatar. I was going to redesign him as a blue lantern. Maybe this should become as new trend?

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 21, 2009, 10:45:26 PM
Holy crap! I had the same idea for my avatar. I was going to redesign him as a blue lantern. Maybe this should become as new trend?

Freedom Reborn Lanterns FTW!  :thumbup:

The one on the left is the previous version, FYI

laughing paradox

You're going to have to teach me your highlighting technique, it's unbelievabe.

The Hitman

Wow! Looks really good!

(And here, I thought youm were just posting a funny Lantern-ish oath!)

Tomato

Quote from: The Hitman on April 22, 2009, 01:17:03 PM
Wow! Looks really good!

(And here, I thought youm were just posting a funny Lantern-ish oath!)

Yeah, I was fiddling with the glow and hit post too soon  :doh:

Blkcasanova247

These skins are excellent! :thumbup: I love the symbol on the GL Tomato. :lol: Aces buddy! :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

daglob

This begs the question: "What kind of Lantern is your avatar?"

murs47

billdamn22

Freakin sweet, Mato. I like The logo! Very imaginative.

docdelorean88

I think you sir, have just heard the publics voice! We want to see a tomato lantern+fx! What a great design! Nice stuff Veg head!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

Don't have time to seriously work on this tonight (stupid orthodontist evils) but whatever. Yar.

Podmark

Well that's a really cool body. No idea who it's supposed to be yet though. I'll need more than a foot.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page