News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Great Figure Fan there! Can't wait to see him in action!
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

-Switched to a new mesh, though at the moment he's without goggles. Oh well, at least for now I can show off the eyes.

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

billdamn22

The face on this one is much better. Was that photoskinned?

Tomato

Quote from: billdamn22 on May 10, 2009, 07:28:08 PM
The face on this one is much better. Was that photoskinned?

Yeah. I don't do it often, but I felt like FF's photoskin work on his own version was one of the best parts of his skin.

Zippo

That's some really solid photo skinning there!

Figure Fan

:blink:

The face looks AWESOME. I love the goggles from the other version, too.

I guess the only thing that I could think of would be to maybe darken the dark parts of the teal on the chest so they have more punch. Otherwise, I LOVE it.

AfghanAnt

Really nice photoskinning on the face. I mean really great.

Gremlin

Okay, I can see how that expression would be lost on the earlier skin...I'm wondering if the goggles make the eyes harder to see, which in a weird way obscures the face? I'm not sure. Something like that. I think it'll look significantly different when you mesh/skope them back on.

docdelorean88

Wow! I'm gonna have to get my stuff together and send you some stuff on my guy(maybe i'll put out a request for someone to skin him)! Great stuff!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

daglob

Yeah, but those goggles look pretty good. They don't obscure thins nearly as much as the other ones did.
Excellent Work.

Gremlin

I was wrong. Doesn't change it that much. Really nice work!

Figure Fan

Ohh, I like how they turned out. I'm really excited to see the whole shebang :cool:

Aly Cat

The photoskinning looks good but the expression looks a bit......drunk(?) to me. It's kind of offset by the uniform, which has that cartoon/comic look to it, so it's an odd match; each part looks good on their own, but combined the look is a bit off, in my opinion. Otherwise it's a good skin.

Tomato

First, a small bit of news on Figure Fan... he'll be up either before the site comes up or slightly after, but he's not exactly done. The version I'm releasing will be a v1 version... it'll contain all animations from TJ's Plastic man, one from Syn's Morph, and several from TJ's Mr Fantastic, but is missing the looping ones (flight, hover, run) that will be in the "finished" project. I'm going to shelve it for a bit to work on some other stuff, but I do plan on beating the thing into submission one day.

Now then, for some content... first, a repost of my contest skin, while I'm here anyway (forgive the size)

I didn't like US Agent before the contest, but you know, afterwards... I truly despise the character. In my mind, he's A-word Cap, which is kind of in the same realm to me as Goth Spidey an Schumacher Batman... they don't fit, and must therefore not exist.

Anyway, moving on...

In-progress look at something I'm working on with Casanova. Provided I can get the mesh pieces I'm doing for it done before round two of the contest, this should be my next skin.

USAgent

Aw, I didn't know I was on your avatar "to-do" list Tomato....you shouldn't have ^_^.  But man, I am glad you did! (or at least i am glad you HAD to skin him)
Nice looking glove work and good job on his red and white uniform look, but that shield looks great, from the inner straps to the shiny outer coat!
And nice c-ocky look you gave his face, it fits him well.

Blkcasanova247

I love that angry snear! Nice one Tomato! :thumbup: Oh....I'm doing a little update to our colab. Have it for ya in few. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Reepicheep

The dark fellow seems very relaxed that he's just impaled himself through the crotch.

cascarudo

docdelorean88

Quote from: Tomato on June 14, 2009, 02:31:18 AM
First, a small bit of news on Figure Fan... he'll be up either before the site comes up or slightly after, but he's not exactly done. The version I'm releasing will be a v1 version... it'll contain all animations from TJ's Plastic man, one from Syn's Morph, and several from TJ's Mr Fantastic, but is missing the looping ones (flight, hover, run) that will be in the "finished" project. I'm going to shelve it for a bit to work on some other stuff, but I do plan on beating the thing into submission one day.

Now then, for some content... first, a repost of my contest skin, while I'm here anyway (forgive the size)

I didn't like US Agent before the contest, but you know, afterwards... I truly despise the character. In my mind, he's A-word Cap, which is kind of in the same realm to me as Goth Spidey an Schumacher Batman... they don't fit, and must therefore not exist.

Anyway, moving on...

In-progress look at something I'm working on with Casanova. Provided I can get the mesh pieces I'm doing for it done before round two of the contest, this should be my next skin.
You really have a sweet ballance between cartoon and realistic! GREAT WORK!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

I'm having a bit of trouble with the final piece for the skope (shoulderguard) more because I'm a bit drained right now then anything (I had to go to the doctor today to get a letter that says a collarbone I broke 3 years ago has healed by now :rolleyes:) but I thought I'd show off a piece for my latest av project

Edit: grah, put image in twice! D'oh!

Tomato

Reep is done on the meshing/skoping end, I'll start him up soon... in the meantime, I've previewed a new mesh over at Freedom Force Center. Cheers!  :thumbup:

Tomato

First, moving over something I posted exclusive to FFC awhile back which technically goes here now (explanation below).

As an addendum to yesterday's post(s)... I kinda made a decision as far as the different boards a month or so prior to now, which Ch'nybe is the first actual evidence of. From now on, I'll be posting certain skins exclusively to either here or Freedom Force Center. In short, all my Mainstream stuff will go on FR (including non-obvious mainstream's like Fighter and Lina) and all my Original Chars will go over on FFC. Avatars will (when I remember, meh) still be posted on both, which should be fine since something like 75% of my available skins are Avatars anyway. I am doing this for several reasons.

-It's part of my evil plan to expand the FFC. It's kinda disheartening knowing the work HQ and the others put into FFC to have it only get a few posts a week. Besides, I can say certain things there which I can't on FR.
-I'm lazy, and only posting on one board for at least some of my skins is easier for me.
-I feel like the separate communities are each more receptive to the skins I'm making exclusive anyway. FFC is, at least ATM, just a gathering place for the NPI/Champions crowd +groupies (yes I'm referring to YOU TUE), whereas FR is more a central hub of the broader FF/Comic Fan community as a whole.
-It annoys Prem. Really, that's reason enough >P.

However, even with exclusive skins, I'll probably at least put a notice on one board or the other whenever an exclusive skin is started and when it's finished off, so people don't have to check two places. And just so you all know, I posted an update on Ch'nybe just a few minutes ago.

Tomato

Tomato

I bit of a minor upgrade to a few skins/meshes, just as preparation for what's to come.

UnkoMan

Sweet stuff. Yer always updatin', guy. I love that lantern Tomato.

herodad1

Tomato

Yeah, pretty much. I think what really hurt it, honestly, was that throughout the process I felt I was in the shadow of so many other people... With Cyclops, I went from mesh to skin with very little work, and I skinned a very specific interpretation of the character. I knew what I wanted, and I made it. Colossus though... I was bouncing back and forth between costumes, designs, and artists on one front and on another constantly comparing myself to meshers and skinners who had already done the character, while constantly trying to find a niche for the character that was mine and that I felt passionate about, a take on him that I felt expressed why he's one of my favorite X-men...

In short, it was a draining experience that led to a crash and burn I'd rather not repeat. If someone has a vision for the character and can do right by him wants to take a shot (C6,TUE,Pod,Murs,Hitman,Carrivagio,AA, etc) they can PM me and I'll consider sending it to them... otherwise he's going to sit in a locked away compartment of my computer where I never ever have to think about that burn-out minefield of a project again.

[/discussion end]

This post has been altered via the C.C.C.P. (Combined Coalition of Courtnal6 and Pie). Thank you, and have a nice day.

Tomato

Not done yet, still some serious detailing to do (logo, edge details, ring, etc.)... but as I have work the next two days in a row, this'll probably be it for right now. Enjoy.