News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Mk, long story short, rather then include some useless standard skin that served no other purpose then just wasted space (IMO most standards for basic-type meshes are like originals without any originality) I decided to include a base with them... Rather then using my old or my new base, I asked for permission from C6 to include a modified version of his base... one which corrected some of the more glaring issues it has (such as the black hole in the "lower torso"  :unsure:).

Now originally murs was supposed to do it... and he sent me A version... but it was not up to my standards... or murs' for that matter. So, I did it myself.

cascarudo

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Figure Fan

Tomato

*Punches burnout in the face*

So, yeah, been in major burnout mode recently (which is odd, given my free time...). I have been trying to get back into things several times, but it seems like every time I do theres a game I haven't yet gotten all the secret chests in or a tv show I haven't seen the new episode of... meh. It wasn't until I went back and started reading some old comics (finally found one of the essentials books I'd been looking for) that I got a bit inspired... Gonna try my hand at updating some old costumes without completely changing them.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Tomato on October 13, 2009, 01:37:45 PM
*Punches burnout in the face*

So, yeah, been in major burnout mode recently (which is odd, given my free time...). I have been trying to get back into things several times, but it seems like every time I do theres a game I haven't yet gotten all the secret chests in or a tv show I haven't seen the new episode of... meh. It wasn't until I went back and started reading some old comics (finally found one of the essentials books I'd been looking for) that I got a bit inspired... Gonna try my hand at updating some old costumes without completely changing them.

Cyclops? Have you ever thought of doing Solar?

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

detourne_me

I like how you're putting Cyclops on your new male_basic meshes!
Is that a new glove piece too?

murs47

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on October 13, 2009, 04:57:54 PM
I like how you're putting Cyclops on your new male_basic meshes!
Is that a new glove piece too?

Errrr... possibly? They're the flares from my current Avatar mesh, which I'm not sure I ever released... updated it with fingers awhile back for the Av Lantern thread. I was gonna do a couple additional Lantern versions, never got around to finishing it...

*looks at list of in-progress FF projects*

*cries*

yell0w_lantern

Yeah, I just got back to a mesh from 2005. That's why I don't look at my list of projects...
Yellow Lantern smash!

Tomato

I've fiddled with this a bit more off and on throughout the day. It's progressing, but I'm taking a break from my laptop/skinning computer before I take a hammer to it  <_<. I won't bore you with the details here, only that I've had a really rough day and having my mouse keep going bonkers on me is not particularly helping me spaz down.

Anyway, to less irritating topics... Just to kind of explain why I'm skinning my version of the original X-men (or at least Cyclops), well... it seems like every time we go back to the old uniforms (Retro and First Class come to mind, but I don't think they're the only ones) it's like "We're going to go back to the original uniforms now, the same ones the original X-men wore, but they look absolutely nothing like the original comics." It kind of annoys me... I know the original designs were somewhat frumpy, but I've never particularly liked any of the so-called "updated" versions either. Particularly the First Class ones... I enjoyed the series, but the uniforms just looked ugly to me.

Thus, this skin. The idea is to make a version of the X-men uniforms that doesn't look frumpy, while keeping the actual costume design intact.

Tomato

just a minor additional note to anyone who might want to chat with me or get in contact with me: Imight be in the shack occasionally when I'm uploading previews, but I don't have much access to it during most of the day, as my primary net access is through the ps3, which hates teh shack. However, it seems the chat on ffcenter.net works, so I'll leave it up while I'm skinning.

Why mention it you ask? Because I've been stuck at home the last few days due to some kind of bug... haven't even been able to go to work, so I'm a bit starved for outside human contact ATM.

To think I miss the days when I was insular and didn't need to leave the house every few days before going nuts

Tomato

It always astounds me whenever I do these in-progress shots... Like, I feel bad because I feel sometimes like I'm doing them every step or so(especially since I'm the only skinner who'll do as many as 6 in-progress previews), but then when I put the newest one up I look at my old one and I'm like "that was my last update?" because I've not only made alterations, but I've become so accustomed to those changes once they've been complete for an hour or so that the old preview becomes somewhat glaring.

Tomato

Skin isn't new(posted it on ffc, but that's kinda died, meh), but it'll be going up tomorrow so I figured I'd post it

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

I really like the smoothness and eyes on this. Huge improvement over the first one.

Ash4fire

UnkoMan

That's such a crazy character design to me, even though it is so simple. Awesome job.

Tomato

Huh, I'm surprised that I'm getting responses for this at all... y'know, considering this is a bit old.

-This is the Old version, in case anyone was wondering...

And be sure to check out my mini-info page later on today if you're interested in learning a bit more about the Influx universes

Tomato

Made some progress today working on the Base skin for my new Male_Suit mesh. See, unlike the other base meshes, Male_Suit's mapping is so far removed from what we currently have that I really can't make use of any base skins already out there... not that there are any, mind (TUE made one, but I think that's a private base skin), but still. So I've made my own, to be included with Male_suits release in both tga and layered (.psd, since I know most of you fools don't use .pspimage) formats.

Edit: There! Are you perverts happy now?

Podmark

I thought we had a no nudity rule on this forum. You and your little pant less buddy need to leave. Now. \
But I'll that impeccable suit jacket you have there.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tawodi Osdi

Don't you hate it when you leave the housing feeling that you forgot to do something?

Tomato

Wow... when did I become the mature one?

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on November 11, 2009, 03:35:44 AM
Wow... when did I become the mature one?

Aww now my joke doesn't make sense anymore  :(
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Cool beans Tomato!  Is he based on male_basic or male_suit?
I know the bipeds are a bit different between the two, and was wondering what you're using... for skoping purposes >:D

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on November 11, 2009, 04:29:42 AM
Cool beans Tomato!  Is he based on male_basic or male_suit?
I know the bipeds are a bit different between the two, and was wondering what you're using... for skoping purposes >:D

Aye, that's the question isn't it... My male_suit is basically a the Irrational Male_Suit with MB head and hands, but modified for a Male_Basic biped, and Two Face is built off of it. I feel like there's more versatility with the keyframes that way.

Blkcasanova247

Great job Tomato! :thumbup: Hey are ya gonna add lapels, collar and a tie to it or are they just skinned on?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on November 11, 2009, 01:28:54 PM
Great job Tomato! :thumbup: Hey are ya gonna add lapels, collar and a tie to it or are they just skinned on?

Just skinned on. The thing is, most of that sort of thing is already out there, and these meshes are much like tommy's fingered ones... intended as a core mesh for stuff to be skoped onto.

As for that little pocket thing from the original male_suit? It's gone bye-bye.