News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Ok, so, here's the rundown of what's probably going to happen over the next few days, (I'll probably be referring my mesh thread here also): I'm noticing that while I do have MOST of my newer stuff up (obviously excluding stuff that I've updated and those in "I'm still working on it" limbo ala Fighter) there are still skins and meshes I've done that for one reason or another never made it to NPI. I'm going to go through and upload everything I can find in my collection, as well as adding some additional stuff for the Influx page... Hero Files, FX, and maybe even some stories if you're into that sort of thing.

As of right now, the To Do list is:
Marauder
Cyclops
Figure Fan
Two Face (with the .nif updated to the one Area put together)
Tomato (updated the mesh with fingers, also finishing the Blue Lantern skin)

If there's anything I've not thought of, some mesh I've previewed but have forgotten about, PLEASE post here and let me know. At the very least I'll be able to explain why it's not released.

area34

Credit goes to Style for the updated nif. I just cleaned up what he did and skinned it.

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on June 11, 2010, 11:18:02 PM
As of right now, the To Do list is:
Marauder
Cyclops
Figure Fan
Two Face (with the .nif updated to the one Area put together)
Tomato (updated the mesh with fingers, also finishing the Blue Lantern skin)

If there's anything I've not thought of, some mesh I've previewed but have forgotten about, PLEASE post here and let me know. At the very least I'll be able to explain why it's not released.

House Quake's Avatar? :unsure:

Tomato

See, the thing about that is... I wouldn't mind skinning it, but HQ was going to do it himself. I don't want to go into details, but the long and short of it is that it's his design and his character and I refuse even the possibility of upstaging him by skinning it myself.

Outcast

Sorry didn't know that. I had the impression he was ok with you skinning his av but i do understand what you're trying to say about it being his avatar and all. :mellow:

Tomato

I'm sure he probably would be, if I asked. but since he seems to have vanished again...  :wacko:

Outcast

I know i saw House Quake online just the other day. So i think he's probably still around. :)

Tomato

I've got a few projects I want to get started on, but it occurred to me that I needed to make a new base before I could get to work on them.

murs47

Thomas, this is very promising. With how frustrating the warping issues are with the female bodies this is quite an accomplishment.

Tomato

Quote from: murs47 on June 25, 2010, 04:52:43 AM
Thomas, this is very promising. With how frustrating the warping issues are with the female bodies this is quite an accomplishment.

Er... it's on my own mesh, so warping isn't as much of an issue. The fact is, I don't really see a reason to use FB-type meshes over my own as a base mesh anyway (Hair being skopeable and all) so I'm not even bothering to set this up for FB and it's warpiness fun.

deano_ue

looking good so far mate.

the warping is non existent on your female meshes? thats something i didn't know

Artemis

looking great tomato, so jealous - everytime I see someone else's base skin I go back to my own, trying to find a way to improve it...but bah....lol, i think i may just stick with using others' bases for a little while until I've perfected my own.

murs47

Quote from: Tomato on June 25, 2010, 10:33:33 AM
Er... it's on my own mesh, so warping isn't as much of an issue.

Oh. Well, I take everything I said back then. :P

But really, what you have is looking very good.

laughing paradox

The picture reminds me of Julia from Hellraiser 2, before she got her skin.

Nice base so far.

Tomato

Finished my base yesterday (I had 3 hours of time where I didn't want to disturb my roommate's sleep. Surprising what you can get done when you don't stop every 30 minutes or so.)

Here's a preview of my next skin.

I think I'll be adjusting the skope today... I did it using a fabrica version, and the actual sketches seem different. Fun times.

Anyway, who can guess the identity of this avatar? The name of the file might give you a clue, at least of my next project.

Blkcasanova247

Very cool 'Mato! :thumbup: But I'm thinkin' that the collar bone is little too low. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on June 27, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
Very cool 'Mato! :thumbup: But I'm thinkin' that the collar bone is little too low. ;)

Eh, you're probably right... but I'm too lasy to go in and fix it now, and it looks fine as is.

Meh... didn't really intend to do this one already (wanted to finish the above skin first) but I had an hour to kill and I started it on more or less a whim. Unfortunately I'm having to chug caffine all day to survive class, and by the time I get back I'm too drained to do anything more than veg. I can't wait for this day to be over so I can have my weekend.

Anyway, as you can see it's a comparison shot... The hair and ears have placeholder skins (as well as a placeholder meshes... we'll see). I'm not quite as good as some others at picking out hairs, so if I could get some help from a talented skoper on these two females I'd appreciate it.

Oh, in case anyone cares, the skin above is the start of detourne me

Blkcasanova247

Tell me whatcha need and I'll be your "Huckleberry". ;) PM me later.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

murs47

I really love your female base Thomas. You've inspired me to continue mine(someday).

Tomato

laughing paradox

Very nice face. Great job on that.. I like the logo highlights, too.

spydermann93

Outcast

I like how you did the cat-like eyes. You know, initially i thought you were going to skin Alycat. Didn't know Detourne's avatar looked like that. Is it a redesign as well?  :mellow:

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on July 22, 2010, 09:37:04 AM
I like how you did the cat-like eyes. You know, initially i thought you were going to skin Alycat. Didn't know Detourne's avatar looked like that. Is it a redesign as well?  :mellow:

Sorry about the confusion here, this is actually completely separate from Det's skin. The character in the red bodysuit is Mahty, an Avatar of a friend of mine that I include as part of my Influx team. Detourne (who uses the same base meh and similar ink hair) was only posted as essentially a silloette, and had originally been intended as my first use of the base skin. However, due to the complexity of the design, and the fact that I need some changes to the skope, I switched to Mahty first.

Tomato

murs47

That's some of your best work chief, the face is very soft and feminine but she still looks aggressive. Well played.

Tomato

Was working on putting together a group pic for ya'll, and on a whim I went back and looked at the old group shots... jebus

V 1.0
V 2.0

Compared to:

V 3.0

BentonGrey

Quote from: murs47 on July 26, 2010, 02:16:16 AM
That's some of your best work chief, the face is very soft and feminine but she still looks aggressive. Well played.

Yeah, well said, Murs.  I think it's all in the eyes and those eyebrows.  There's a lot of personality there.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Still very much a work in progress (about all that's really "done" skinwise is the facework and some hair extras) but I can't work on it anymore tonight, what with having to wake up at stupid hours.

For those not in the know, this character is known only as "Sai." While the character doesn't really interact with Influx that long (what with being killed during his battle with them) he is perhaps the most notorious and (relatively) powerful villain they will ever face.

Though his motives for attacking the team were at first unclear, it seems he had sought to capture the heroine Mahty and force her into the Fallen's service. When the other members of Influx threatened that objective, he attacked them, going so far as to destroy an entire city in an attempt to kill them. The sheer power at his disposal allowed him to tear the team apart, for not even the hidden powers of Darek(Ch'nybe), Peter(Kid Rocket) and Yami (Marauder) were enough to stop him. In the end, Tomato was forced to use his powers in a horrific manner... by focusing heat into Sai's veins, Tomato literally set his blood to boil, murdering Sai in cold blood.

But even though he had been killed, Influx had still lost the fight. Their city destroyed and their spirit broken, Influx disbanded.

Tomato