News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Mostly done, down to the bow now. I should have enough time to finish him off tomorrow, but I have some errands after class which will cut into my free time tomorrow.

AfghanAnt

Wow, I'm really loving the work on the jacket.

Tomato

Thanks. The coat is meant to be a uniform of sorts... though it's different for each character, the X-based design creates a visual link between characters who were produced by the X-Strike organization (Darek falls under there as well).

They aren't the only ones with cool coats though... I've got half a dozen designs laid out for future skins, and let's just say there are quite a few Trenchcoats in Influx's future.

laughing paradox

I agree about the coat. I really like your base skin.. the musculature is very clean and sharp.

Tomato

Still a Wip (Gotta skin hair, face, and finish the details on the outfit.) but I'm making headway... I'm trying to get the design as close as I can to the original sketch, but it's gonna take some time to finish. If I don't get bogged down in game playing, I should be able to make some more headway tomorrow.

Edit:

I worked on it some more while watching BTAS. Wonderful show.

Tomato

Hair's still left, but I should finish that up tomorrow, provided I don't play video games all night

detourne_me

:thumbup: :wub: :thumbup: :wub: :thumbup: :wub:
AhhhhhhhMAZING!
sorry I just got wind of this now,   it's so great!

Figure Fan

BentonGrey

Beautiful work on the costume pattern, 'Mato.  That looks fantastic. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

just a quick post to let you all know I've brightened the skin tone on the face a bit on a suggestion from prem... apparently it came out darker than I had intended

laughing paradox

Great skin, Tomato.

The character reminds me of a character from an old Sega Genesis game called Eternal Champions.

steamteck

wow! That's great! The eyes especially. What a great intensity to them. 

detourne_me

yeah! Jetta Max right?
I love how bold the lines are,  almost cartoony,  i think she fits in pretty well into the FF meilleu

Tomato

Much as I wish I could take full credit for the design on this one, I took my lead from an old school FF master on this one... Dr. Mike. I based this skin entirely on his design for Detourne (for the canceled Strangers 2 mod), not only because it's a uniquely challenging design, but because I know Det's always viewed the design as the quintessential version of his avatar. As such, I tried my best to hold to the spirit of the original sketch.

As for what my next skin is gonna be... well let's just say Harvey Dent would approve

Podmark

Looks great Tomato.
Sai has a cool design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Tomato on August 04, 2010, 03:27:11 AM
As for what my next skin is gonna be... well let's just say Harvey Dent would approve

Renee Montoya?

The skin came out great, Thomas. I really like the leather boots and glove. Muy sexy.

Figure Fan

It really turned out great. The eyes really take the cake.

I was going through the old posts in this thread and was wondering if you still had my avatar skin from page 4 or so. I really did like it (and the animations you were doing) and would love to have it to use in-game if possible. If not, it's okay. ^_^

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on August 05, 2010, 08:17:14 AM
It really turned out great. The eyes really take the cake.

I was going through the old posts in this thread and was wondering if you still had my avatar skin from page 4 or so. I really did like it (and the animations you were doing) and would love to have it to use in-game if possible. If not, it's okay. ^_^

Yeah, I kinda need to finish that one up... I wasn't quite able to get everything like you asked, but I tweaked the skope so it'll use the working animations. All that's really left is the brick wall, which had stumped me for a bit... but now I have an idea or two for it.

Figure Fan

Yeah, that's sounds more than fine. I was just excited to see some of the basic animations switched out and whatnot. I'm glad you still have the files, at least. It's been over a year :wacko:

laughing paradox

Quote from: detourne_me on August 04, 2010, 03:03:16 AM
yeah! Jetta Max right?

Haha, I had to look it up but yeah, her name was Jetta! I miss that game.

AfghanAnt

She's beautiful. I could have sworn Dr Mike's design had shades as well. But those eyes, just wow.

Tomato

Naw, just very heavy eyelids. It' kind of unclear in the sketch, but mike added a whole lot of notes I found helpful.

Figure Fan is done, more or less... still have to add a portrait and get all the upload nonsense put together, but it should go up sometime this weekend.

Another clue as to what the next few skins are (earlier hint was just for the next one as opposed to the group) since I have to take some time getting my skopes together... What do I, Detourne, and the missing character in my avatar page all have in common?

Figure Fan

Tomato

Mk, so FF is more or less prepped for upload, but I'll wait until tomorrow when I can utilize a connection that goes at more than 15 kb/s to upload him  :P.

In the meantime, here are a few teaser pics... No real skinning has been done as of yet (still nailing down which characters I'm doing+ getting skopes done) thus why I just blacked out most of the skins. Still, Hopefully by the time I finish making teasers of all the characters I'll have the first few uniforms done.

murs47

Tomato

Quote from: murs47 on August 07, 2010, 02:53:45 AM
What's "returnina"?

That's "returning" oh simple one. The gradient I used for the image just obscures the end of the g.

Tomato

Huh. Wow umm... It seems I'm done-ish (have to add the logo to this last one I made) with 3 skins today. I don't think that's ever happened before.

*shrug* I expect things will start to drag on soon though. I have to do some serious meshwork for at least one of the other chars, and I expect I'll need to completely revamp at least one person's avatar. I'll post pics tomorrow... at least of the first few skins.

Tomato

Ok, so, Figure Fan is up, and...

*waits for roar from FF to die down*

... Figure Fan is up, and here are the previews I promised.

Again, Damnage isn't 100% done, but I'm lazy and my 65th Arkham Asylum run-through is calling me. Gotta beat the croc levels, grrr.