News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Podmark

Those look great Tom. Your colour and highlight work is always impressive.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Yowzas!!!  Looking good!
I love the team design with the distinctive colours, and Damnage is looking really cool. (his design always impressed me)
The belts look fantastic too,  did you just scale the mesh piece for all 3 avs?

Figure Fan

The uniforms look nice!

I downloaded Figure_Fan_TM and it says that the file is corrupt. It manages to install the character.nif but nothing else. :(

Tomato

Probably got an error sometime during the upload... using a phone tether for internet so it tends to break off. I have to go out today anyway, so I'll find a good wifi spot and upload there.

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tomato on August 11, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
Probably got an error sometime during the upload... using a phone tether for internet so it tends to break off. I have to go out today anyway, so I'll find a good wifi spot and upload there.

Ohh I see. I just tried to download it and it does the same thing, so I'm assuming you were unsuccessful in your plan to upload..lol. I'll keep checking back to see if it's been fixed, so..yeah  :)

billdamn22

:thumbup:
Lots of great stuff from you here, Tom. These latest are all very crisp looking. Good to see the corps have not been forgotten. Lovin the creases on the mask. Can't wait to see the final product.

Tomato

Meh, the place I was going to try reuploading it has had it's wifi down for the last few days. I finally got the file to (apparently) finish uploading properly, but I'm still in the process of confirming that.

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tomato on August 14, 2010, 06:03:25 PM
Meh, the place I was going to try reuploading it has had it's wifi down for the last few days. I finally got the file to (apparently) finish uploading properly, but I'm still in the process of confirming that.

I'm downloading it now. Excited! :-)

Figure Fan

Okay, so it's pretty darn cool. I love the skin and the goggles. The animations are nice, but I did notice that he loses his limbs during certain area, power up, and ranged animations. Was that intentional so FX could be used instead?

Otherwise it's awesome and I love it. Thanks again Tomato!

P.S. I noticed the little tomato on the back of the active defense brick wall. Nice touch  ;)

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on August 14, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
Okay, so it's pretty darn cool. I love the skin and the goggles. The animations are nice, but I did notice that he loses his limbs during certain area, power up, and ranged animations. Was that intentional so FX could be used instead?

Otherwise it's awesome and I love it. Thanks again Tomato!

P.S. I noticed the little tomato on the back of the active defense brick wall. Nice touch  ;)

Yes, it was... if I recall right, you had asked for the arms to be skoped out of certain animations so that it wouldn't clash with the fx.

@Billdamn: Heh, I've actually been planning to do the Corps for awhile now... ever since I moved over to NPI, actually. It's the primary reason I "lost" my old Billdamn redesign.

Quick note- The next skin might not be from Freedom Corp... while I work on getting the rest of my designs in place, I'm going to try my hand at skinning a character who needs a skin/mesh upgrade.

Tomato

For those wondering what I meant...

No offense meant to those who have skinned Phoenix before, but they're all a little out of place against C6's newer skins. I'll be doing Dark Phoenix also, but I'll be doing that after I get regular Phoenix together

Edit: I should point out that the extras, including the hair, are modified from IPS' skin...

Artemis

This looks great so far Tomato! The logo is incredibly crisp and really elegant, like a kind of stylized heraldic symbol.
Jean's is my second fave x-girl and it's great to see more skins of her. can't wait for the finished piece!

Tomato

I was just going to post what I'd done as preparation for tomorrow... and then one thing led to another and I finished the belt extras

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cascarudo

AfghanAnt

Did you know I was going to asking for the Phoenix X-Men team?

Tomato

So... you people need to give cascarudo a biiiig thank you for this... I'd honestly almost forgotten about this skin until he semi-necroposted the thread.

AfghanAnt

I really love this eyes and lips. She's really ripped.

Blkcasanova247

I'm loving the color work...it's really fantastic. But why is she so ripped? :unsure:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

murs47

Artemis

beautiful eyes, Can't wait to see the finnished skin!

Tomato

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on August 30, 2010, 04:23:04 AM
I'm loving the color work...it's really fantastic. But why is she so ripped? :unsure:

That's just how I set up my base... to be honest I hadn't really thought about it. I dunno, after this I might go back and soften it a bit, but I prefer a bit of muscle definition on my heroines.

Tomato

yay for Green/Good Phoenix. I'll do Dark Phoenix... later. headache now.

Blkcasanova247

Is it just me or is Jean a little "crosseyed"? :rolleyes: :P
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Kenn

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on August 30, 2010, 11:36:26 PM
Is it just me or is Jean a little "crosseyed"? :rolleyes: :P

I noticed that myself, so I don't think it's just you.  Both irises are closer to her nose than to the outer part of the eye.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Figure Fan

Looking pretty good!

Like the others, I noticed that she seems a bit cross-eyed. Also, I think her forehead near here eyebrows should be highlighted a bit more, as should the skin under her nose/above her lips. While softening the abdomen isn't absolutely necessary (and up to interpretation, really), I think it could help a bit. Perhaps just less definition on the inner lines of the six pack?

Looking forward to Dark Phoenix! :)

Dr.Volt

Wow!  Nice Dark Phoenix!  Like the face especially.

Tomato

*notes things to fix* mk, got crosseyed eyes, eyebrow shading, and abs. I will get right on those... later. Classes are a b**** right now, gotta buckle down for a few days, make sure I get enough sleep and study time in. 3 day weekend though, should have time then.

Edit: Or I could have a convo with murs and have him trick me into finishing it. That works too *gives murs stink eye*

Figure Fan

Welp, she's officially awesome now. Can't wait to add her to the game :)