News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Thanks GG, it means a lot to hear you say that... I put a lot of effort into doing this skin properly. It was a bit unnerving to do, honestly... This skin isn't a redesign or something, it's 100% old school classic Glitch Girl design. I did my very best to respect the design as much as possible. It sort of felt like going back and doing new versions of Renaissance paintings... sure, skinners now are much more skilled then we used to be (even new skinners can and have come in now doing a better job then the best of us did a few years ago... which is kind of depressing, honestly) but that doesn't negate the work put into the old stuff either.

Mk, so, with GG complete now, that means I've got 3 members of Electric Freedom ready to fend off the evil Randy Ripoff (Volt, GG, and Ink, in case anyone was wondering)... Now this might just be me, but it seems like Freedom Force has a 4 person limit, not a 3. Oddness.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

WIP on the skin for Teknos... sort of. See, I'm sick of having to redo all the banding every time I skin someone with it, so I'm just saying to heck with it. I'm making a full "line base" for my "TM" base meshes, so that I never have to do them again.

I should probably mention... I'm planning on releasing the base independently (probably be one of the first things I upload to my new page, heh), so that other skinners can just layer it on top of whatever base they're using. I figure it'll come in handy for costume details and for characters like Colossus.

Oh, and look at the chest for how it'll look finalized... I'm still working on the arms, so I haven't added the shadow in yet.

Tomato

Normally I wouldn't post again so soon if I wasn't already done, but I just finished a bit of detail work I wanted to show off.

Podmark

Blah, stop doing your very useful skinning thing and start prepping for you new web page :P
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on December 16, 2010, 11:23:43 PM
Blah, stop doing your very useful skinning thing and start prepping for you new web page :P

It's not my fault certain people have yet to send me the website templates. Maybe those individuals should factor that in before they start saying useless things to me.  :P

Got most of the upper body done already... I've got to do the thumbs and neck, then do the legs and shoes. My plan is to do what I can before 8 tonight (tis 7:15-ish now), post a preview, then finish whatever's left tomorrow after work.

Edit:

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on December 17, 2010, 12:18:23 AM
It's not my fault certain people have yet to send me the website templates. Maybe those individuals should factor that in before they start saying useless things to me.  :P

Well maybe certain people didn't know that and just wanted to give you a hard time. And maybe certain other people need to send you that template.  :P
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Certain people need to get YIM so that they can know what's going on with certain other people. All the cool members of He... I mean, certain other people already have it, bajezus.

Tomato

Just a quick update for ya'll... the Line base is just about done: I've only got the soles of the shoes to do right now, but I'm so sick of looking at the thing I'm going to put it on hold. I've spent a huge chunk of the evening working on prepping my stuff for release/re-release... my current plan is to put all new projects (such as teknos) on hold temporarily while I get things prepped, as well as go back and finish off/release some of the characters that have been sitting on my HD for awhile now... like Fighter, Old School Cyclops, and Blue Lantern Tomato (not to mention everything I've done recently... Phoenix, Detourne, the FC variants, the Avatars for the Influx Mod, etc.) If anyone can think of anything I've done you want to see finished/released, let me know.

Tomato

So yeah, I've been hard at work lately with getting all my completed or semi-completed stuff uploaded to New Power Inc. My hope is that by the time the new year hits, I'll be free of all the incomplete skins that have been nagging at me... I've more or less got the hugest chunk of legitimate updating done (all but the mainstream stuff is up and ready for DL, including the freshly completed Blue Lantern Tomato skin, seen above). I should have everyone but Fighter up sometime tomorrow morning if I'm not busy with RL stuff.

Fighter though... we'll see. I need to make some decisions as far as his weapons go... I'm already planning to make my own, but even setting aside my dream of Sword Chucks, I need to find a set of decent dual-sword animations... preferably ones which have the swords appearing and disappearing as he pulls them out (Like with Ren's Shining Knight, the animations I currently have him on)

detourne_me

Can't wait to see what you've got in store Tomato!
also.... I'll have an amazing avatar soon!! *squeee*  (it's ok, i can squee like that because my av is a girl.... yeah thats the ticket.)

About fighter, and double sword animations... i don't know if Val's valkyrie is offlimites of its biped structure is too different,  but i always loved those animations.

Tomato

... Det, I just wanted to let you know I both love you and want you dead right now. *goes off to fix some things so he can use Fighter on Val's biped*

Tomato

I. Like. SWORDS!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Is that seriously what this looks like in CTool? Freaking WOW!!!

martialstorm

Great mesh Tom, this looks like it will be a lot of fun to play!

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Tomato,

I really like the new mesh!  Has a nice animae feel to it.

Respectfully,
Io

laughing paradox

I really like the last one. Is there any reflection on the skin?

Tomato

not really... I added Refl to the swords, but it looked cheesy anywhere else... plus, harder to control the colors that way.

BentonGrey

Ohh you crazy anime people....

Ha, nice work 'Mato.  The shading on that skin is really impressive.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Finally got around to begin skin work on the final member of the mod's "Electric Freedom" team, the armored hero Teknos.

and a close-up of the face

Tomato

More progress. Probably finish the hair and maybe start on extras later today.

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

martialstorm

AfghanAnt

murs47

That looks pretty sweet tom tom...very nice colors.

Podmark

You've got a really interesting texture going on there. Is that reflection or skinning on the blue parts?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on January 17, 2011, 06:25:54 PM
You've got a really interesting texture going on there. Is that reflection or skinning on the blue parts?

Reflection. It's more or less the same technique as I use with Red Ant

UnkoMan