Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

... I blame Naitvalis for this.

Now, before anyone attacks me, two things:

-This doesn't mean I'm not going to do HQ. I just had a goofy idea for doing JQ's face, and he only took all of a few hours from the "this seems like a good idea" conceptual stage to finish.
-This also doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to do the rest of the CSA, or even Modern JQ. As I said, this whole thing was the result of a very goofy idea for photoskinning JQ's action figure (That's right, that face is from an ACTION FIGURE. I went there beaches.) I would LIKE to do other CSA members (to my knowledge, the whole team has never been done properly despite Renegade and Vertex doing meshes for most of them. Oddness) but we'll see.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on March 04, 2012, 04:32:41 AM
... I blame Naitvalis for this.

Now, before anyone attacks me, two things:

-This doesn't mean I'm not going to do HQ. I just had a goofy idea for doing JQ's face, and he only took all of a few hours from the "this seems like a good idea" conceptual stage to finish.
-This also doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to do the rest of the CSA, or even Modern JQ. As I said, this whole thing was the result of a very goofy idea for photoskinning JQ's action figure (That's right, that face is from an ACTION FIGURE. I went there beaches.) I would LIKE to do other CSA members (to my knowledge, the whole team has never been done properly despite Renegade and Vertex doing meshes for most of them. Oddness) but we'll see.

Sorry 'Mato, the image is not included in your post.

Tomato

Cyber Burn

I'll only attack if I don't see the rest of the team get made.

Podmark

Looks great. Very impressed with your reds.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

martialstorm

Brilliant JQ Tomato, I picked up that CSA action figure pack over Christmas. I've loved all your XMen skins as well.

naitvalis

what a great job  Tomato :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:! i loooove this JQ! and i wait impatient to grab this awesome skin!
(when i say impatient i mean very impatient... :banghead:)

Tomato

Quote from: naitvalis on March 04, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
what a great job  Tomato :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:! i loooove this JQ! and i wait impatient to grab this awesome skin!
(when i say impatient i mean very impatient... :banghead:)

Go tort... talk to AA. I'm waiting on him to finish something before I start releasing stuff.

Quote from: martialstorm on March 04, 2012, 08:23:44 AM
Brilliant JQ Tomato, I picked up that CSA action figure pack over Christmas. I've loved all your XMen skins as well.

That's the same time I got mine! CSA pack FTW!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 04, 2012, 04:56:51 AM
I'll only attack if I don't see the rest of the team get made.

Then hopefully you'll be waiting a bit, because...

Bloodshadow

spydermann93

Fantastic work, Tomato!

Your skins always astound me. :D

AfghanAnt

So are you mixing old with new? Either way great skins and I can't wait for Owlman.

Tomato

For now, yes. I plan on doing the counterparts for Wally, Kyle, and John later, but these first five skins are based on this set of action figures, with modern versions of Owlman, Ultraman, and Superwoman mixed with the original Power Ring and Johnny Quick (presumably to match the returns of Hal and Barry respectfully).

As for the old versions of the big 3... no.

Tomato

-That helmet... took longer to skin... than Johnny Quick's whole skin did.

Helix

But it looks frickin' SWEET!!! Man, I am glad to see you skinning mainstream characters! It's about time!

juancho

oh I remeber when I did the standard skin for the owlman mesh. It was kind of time consuming hehehe.
Great work so far 'mato!

naitvalis

*Naitvalis clap his hands at the rhythm of:*
Owlman, Owlman, Owlman, Owlman...wait i mean...Superwoman, Superwoman, Superwoman  :lol: !

Tomato

Quote from: juancho on March 05, 2012, 09:50:33 AM
oh I remeber when I did the standard skin for the owlman mesh. It was kind of time consuming hehehe.
Great work so far 'mato!

Yeah, he's definately not the easiest thing I've ever skinned. Hoping the rest goes a little smoother.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on March 05, 2012, 12:48:27 AM

-That helmet... took longer to skin... than Johnny Quick's whole skin did.

The effort really shows, looks good 'Mato.

Tomato

-All that and still less effort than I put into the helmet. Did I mention the helmet is a Murs level beach to skin?

Helix

Man, that is niiiice. That suit looks like it's made of polished quartz. The helmet needs a little work, though.

JUST KIDDING!!! It's phenomenal!!

Tomato

Eventually, sure. The CSA will have to wait until I do at least the core 5 though.

Podmark

These are coming out great! Awesome faces. Any pics of the toys you based that on?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Bloodshadow

Sweet Owlman Tomato,Nice job on the helmet,it looks great!

Tomato

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yeah, it's probably my favorite DCUC set they've done. It tortured me too, because I had to pass it up for the first month or so it was out (I forget exactly WHY now, I think it had to do with it being almost Christmas and the $60+ price tag it had) and every time I'd be up at wall mart I'd pass the thing and I'd have to force myself to keep going before my will broke. But I got it for Christmas (I have to tell my parents not to get me video games anymore, because they keep getting ones they think I'm into... at least with action figures even if I don't like a character I can sell it or use it as fodder)

But anyway, back to skins:

Ultraman's likely the next to be skinned, but I'm gonna take a minute to skope/mesh everyone else first... I'm not happy with the meshes I was able to find for Power Ring or Superwoman for various reasons, so I'm off to do my own.

Cyber Burn

Owlman looks great, can't wait for the rest.

Tomato

Teaser pic now that the meshes are all set.

Tomato

... It's 1 am here and I'm still working on these. Holy Celestia.