News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martialstorm

Loving all of the CSA Tomato, your use of colour is exceptional!

Tomato

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on March 12, 2012, 03:11:21 PM
awesome work, the erm... chest fix to superwoman works well, was coming across kinda 2D before, once you finish up power ring you should do a composite to show em all off together, would be cool to see an echo of them against your figures too

that woudl be cool.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Tomato

slowed down now that life has gotten in the way, but wevs. Enjoy an update (and btw, that logo glow from the revenant/casanova skope? Set it up to come and go with the aura) until I wrap my brain around the idea of power ring having a lantern battery and finally finish this off.

Tomato

Since you all demanded it, I'm starting composites of my CSA figures with their FF counterparts (in spoiler tags so as to not dominate the thread with their size  :blink:). I was just gonna do one big one with the teams, but I just couldn't get it to look right with the figures so... individual shots.

Spoiler

naitvalis

heeeey its like that roger rabbit movie !!
great works!

(ps: power ring is aaaaammmmmaaaaazzzzziiiiing!!! :thumbup:)

martialstorm

Great comparisons with the action figures and I love the Power Ring!

Tomato

Before I get right down to showing off the final few preview pics of Power Ring (That's right, he's done beaches!) I want to take a moment to apologize to Renegade... I've been bemoaning the fact that I had to skin this stupid lantern battery that I thought he'd made up just so the PR meshes could use the lantern area and power animations already in place. But as it turns out, there actually IS a lantern battery for Power Ring, and the pre-crisis character even uses it at one point to help the CSA escape or something. So yeah, what it all boils down to is that I'm a moron for whining about something that's 100% legitimate.

But anyway, here are some screens of Power Ring's lantern with and without lighting effect (oh and before anyone asks, the black background is from Ink's SC... I've found it useful in previewing effects)

Cyber Burn

The whole team has turned out just really effing sweet. Just WoW!!!

That said, what is "the black background is from Ink's SC"?

Tomato

When Ink created his super cracker mesh, he included this black box that doesn't actually show up in game, but which I've found useful for showing off effects.

Tomato

Gonna start working toward getting this all zipped up after breakfast.

murs47

Tom tom, im massively proud of you. This is awesome work/art! The details are magnificent! Even though it's the simplest one in terms of design, Power Ring is my absolute favorite of the bunch. Well played old friend, well played.

TonmaFan

Gooooorgeous. O_O I hope there's an FF1-compatible collection too.
I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

Tomato

Quote from: murs47 on March 20, 2012, 01:35:49 PM
Tom tom, im massively proud of you. This is awesome work/art! The details are magnificent! Even though it's the simplest one in terms of design, Power Ring is my absolute favorite of the bunch. Well played old friend, well played.

Ummm... really? Personally, I think I put more work into his costume on it's own than I did for Johnny or Ultraman. Between that and all the extras on the guy, about the only one more complex was Owlman.

Quote from: TonmaFan on March 20, 2012, 02:02:21 PM
Gooooorgeous. O_O I hope there's an FF1-compatible collection too.

Quote from: Tomato on March 10, 2012, 05:02:38 AM
the main mesh is Male_Basic_TM, but it's a Hodge-podge of pieces from the original Renegade Power Ring, Revenant/Casanova's Hal Jordan Rebirth skope, and my base mesh.

Edit: I'm going to take pity on poor naitvalis (who no longer has a pizza man  :cool: ) and add that both Superwoman and Power Ring have been subjected to some powerful Tomato magic, and are now  :ff: compatible. You're welcome.

Tomato

Well, that was more tedious than I remembered it being. Took me about as long to clean up, make portraits, and zip as it did to do PR's battery.

Anyway, just so you guys are aware, one of the main reasons I haven't uploaded anything lately is that I'm kinda-sorta in the process of moving my stuff elsewhere. However, I feel as though if I don't release this one, you'll all tear me limb from limb. File's uploaded to mediafire already, link's up on my tumblr page (shameless self-promotion ftw!). And since you're on there anyway, go ahead and ask a question or two, I won't bite.

AfghanAnt

I have to agree with Murs here. Power Ring is a stunner. How did you manage to get the FFVTR lighting effect in FF (if you in fact did so)?

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 20, 2012, 06:38:04 PM
I have to agree with Murs here. Power Ring is a stunner. How did you manage to get the FFVTR lighting effect in FF (if you in fact did so)?

It's actually not an effect in the strictest sense... in the case of the GL mesh Cas sent me (which I believe Revenant actually skoped together) the ring, logo, and lantern effects are static pieces as opposed to particle effects.

Figure Fan

These skins look awesome, Tomato. Power Ring is my favorite.

BentonGrey

Wow, how have I managed to miss this?!  'Mato, my friend, these are just plain beautiful.  These are all fantastic skins, and now you've given me another of those problems I love to have....I've got to face the choice of changing out the CSA skins in the DCUG!  Anyway, all of those skins are great, but I have to agree with some of the others here, Power Ring is just absolutely my favorite.  He's got a very plain design, definitely the least interesting of all of these guys, and yet you've managed to give him all these little details, most especially with his face, that really make him stand out.  Ultraman's face is great, but PR's is just plain amazing.  What fantastic work 'Mato!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 20, 2012, 10:50:37 PM
Wow, how have I managed to miss this?!  'Mato, my friend, these are just plain beautiful.  These are all fantastic skins, and now you've given me another of those problems I love to have....I've got to face the choice of changing out the CSA skins in the DCUG!  Anyway, all of those skins are great, but I have to agree with some of the others here, Power Ring is just absolutely my favorite.  He's got a very plain design, definitely the least interesting of all of these guys, and yet you've managed to give him all these little details, most especially with his face, that really make him stand out.  Ultraman's face is great, but PR's is just plain amazing.  What fantastic work 'Mato!

Pfft, don't lie Benton... of course you're going to change out the CSA for DCUG. We both know I'm that awesome.

I'm afraid I may have given the wrong impression with my statements earlier... Power Ring is probably my favorite of the skins so far (I say so far because, as I stated, I do intend on doing other CSA members... eventually). I put a lot of effort into getting his basic look down, and I agree that it does show through... though to be fair, that could be the glow-in-the-dark neon green I used for sections of his costume  :P. I just take issue with his being the most simple costume, as neither Johnny nor Ultraman are exactly intricate.

JKCarrier

Great job on the CSA, the faces are really outstanding. I still like the old-school Owlman costume better, though.  :P

laughing paradox

These are really beautiful skins, Tomato. You should be exceedingly proud of them.

Podmark

Excellent set Tomato. The colours, highlighting and faces are simply perfect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

apfarmakis

Can someone post the d/l links to Tomato's awesome CSA skins? I have no idea where I can find them.
Like an eye that sees but cannot see itself,
Like a sword that cuts but cannot cut itself.

Tomato

Cyber Burn

<---Very happily adds new stuff to his CSA characters folder. Thanks 'Mato.

UnkoMan

naitvalis

download time!!!! thank you Tomato!!! i promise i don't eat your brothers and sisters  for a week.
thanks again for this marvelous works!