News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I don't believe it shows up in game, no. It's an extra included in ink's Super Cracker mesh, lets one see FX more clearly in Ctool (I found it useful for taking screens of the Power Rings)

Edit: No, I'm wrong, it does. Just flag it invisible with nifskope, I'll re-upload the corrected files later.

BentonGrey

Man, I'm just loving these CSA guys 'Mato.  They are all really fantastic!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Tomato on April 23, 2012, 11:00:20 PM
I don't believe it shows up in game, no. It's an extra included in ink's Super Cracker mesh, lets one see FX more clearly in Ctool (I found it useful for taking screens of the Power Rings)

Edit: No, I'm wrong, it does. Just flag it invisible with nifskope, I'll re-upload the corrected files later.

thanks tomato
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Tomato

So, I haven't gotten around to re-uploading the Power Rings, obvsly. HOWEVER, I finally sat down and solved a major hurdle when it came to meshing... Saving you all a bunch of techno-babble, the way I had my Virtual PC set up meant it would crash if I sneezed hard when running it. Finally got off my butt and found a way to fix the issue.

Tomato

So, I'll save you the details of WHY I started been doing this skin (it's all on my tumblr anyway) Other than to say it's almost freaking done and I'm probably just gonna finish it at this point.

Tomato

Mostly just tweaked the colors a bit, but I also added the ring. I'm debating whether or not to set him up with ren's lantern keys... I kinda doubt it, since he doesn't use the ring to make constructs, nor does he even have the battery 90% of the comic.

Podmark

Shinny...and that is one interesting reason to start a skin. Thanks for sharing.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Deadman is done. If anyone is interested, I'll try to get a dl for him up sometime soonish (I have work every night at graveyard shift hours until tuesday, so I wouldn't expect it before then)

Cyber Burn

Glad to see you doing FF stuff again 'Mato. Greeat work on Deadman's face.

murs47

Thomas, why pure black on the outlines? It doesn't transition well. The face is fantastic and the colors spot on, however.

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on August 25, 2012, 04:02:59 PM
Thomas, why pure black on the outlines? It doesn't transition well. The face is fantastic and the colors spot on, however.

I echo Murs. That face is excellence.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: murs47 on August 25, 2012, 04:02:59 PM

Because the original and primary purpose of this skin isn't to be a typical freedom force skin: It's primarily a reference for the costume design (the color choices in particular) that I want someone to use when I commission this to be made as an action figure. As such, many of the design elements, like the black lines and the more silver-ish body, are intended to match the other white lantern figures on the market, particularly the ones by dc direct. For instance:

Spoiler

So... yeah, it's goofy on the skin, but... if my intent is to use this as a reference for a figure commission (presumably from loosecollector, but they've been quiet lately and I don't know what's going on with them) the lines need to be there.

Podmark

Oh Tomato you're making me want to buy action figures again...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

martialstorm

Really clean and cool skin for Deadman Tomato.

OT: The faces on the Hal action figures make it look like he needs to eat more bran.

docdelorean88

Tom, wonderful work! Ive become fond of deadman lately
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cyber Burn

I guess now you're going to have to skin the rest of the White Lanterns.  :lol:

AfghanAnt

Really great work on this skin 'Mato. I love all of the detail you put into the face.

Tomato

BentonGrey

Quote from: Tomato on October 01, 2012, 01:56:22 AM
*vanishes in a puff of murs*

Ewww....how did you get so much Murs on you...and...why?

Also, that looks really interesting, 'Mato!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Outcast

He almost looks like Cyber Burn's Aquatic Warlord? design in your Ode to Benton's (CSA Aquaman) thread with some changes here and there.  :cool:

It's an interesting design. The shaved head and scar gives off this evil warlord vibe. I dunno. :P

I also like how you slowly preview your work as it progresses and develops. :)

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on October 01, 2012, 02:38:09 PM
He almost looks like Cyber Burn's Aquatic Warlord? design in your Ode to Benton's (CSA Aquaman) thread with some changes here and there.  :cool:

It's an interesting design. The shaved head and scar gives off this evil warlord vibe. I dunno. :P

I'm doing this as kind of an amalgamation of the designs from that thread, especially since the top two were very similar in design and tone anyway. I'll be posting the definitive winner there shortly, but my intent here is to take the best ideas from that thread for the "final" design I end up sending to loosecollector for the next batch.

Quote from: Outcast on October 01, 2012, 02:38:09 PM
I also like how you slowly preview your work as it progresses and develops. :)

Helps me catch stuff early, plus I don't have the attention span to just keep going on a skin from start to finish most of the time.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on October 01, 2012, 12:50:10 PM

*vanishes in a puff of DJ*

I never said you could vanish in a puff of me!?!?!  What the 'ell!  Got back to vanishing in Murs...he likes the attention!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Looks good ' Mato. I like the scars across the face. Also, is that a newly meshed trident?

murs47

Quote from: Tomato on October 01, 2012, 01:56:22 AM
*vanishes in a puff of murs*

So...I'm smoke? Hurtful words, tater.

Skin looks good. Good job, broseph!

Tomato

No, it's the same one from AA's Aquaman skope. I might change it around later if I get creative, but it's serviceable enough for now.

Probably won't get any real work done on this today. Tough night at work, can barely move right now.

*tries to vanish in a puff of Benton, but there were too many fish scales. settles for chucking the scales at murs*

AfghanAnt

Really loving this so far. You should post the design with the finished version.

Tomato

-minor update, should have more tomorrow since I don't have work.

Oh, just btw, I heard from some totally not illegitimate and made up sources c6 should be posting some new stuff in his thread very soon. You should all go check that out right now, or you'll totally miss out.

*runs away while everyone's distracted*