News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

That's a great looking face. Really interested in seeing the rest.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

A bit of his costume's done... still got plenty of work, but it's coming along nicely enough.

Anyway, in case it wasn't obvious, this is a WIP of my redesign for Morph... kind of an amalgamation of his animated series look and his Exiles/AoA counterpart. I've always felt like it was a shame Morph never really got to make his mark on the 616 reality (I know he's "dead", but given that his counterpart is nigh-immortal, I call BS), and his Toy biz action figure is one I still hold a ton of nostalgia for. So yeah, I'm making a skin of how I see him.

I'm debating on a few things on this... I definately want to have an alternate variant with the jacket he wore in the show (I'm using Syn's red hood jacket, but I'm not really happy with it... I might have to check out some other meshes/skopes, find one I like more) but I'm not sure whether or not to give him hair. I was planning on it originally, but after skinning the pronounced brows I'm having second thoughts.

Previsionary

When I saw the previous pic, I instantly thought about animated Morph (after his return to the series), so I think you captured that well. I'm excited to see the finished look. I'd like to see hair on him, but I also recognize that the bald look is probably more iconic for Morph.
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Quote from: Previsionary on March 30, 2013, 10:42:04 AM
When I saw the previous pic, I instantly thought about animated Morph (after his return to the series), so I think you captured that well. I'm excited to see the finished look. I'd like to see hair on him, but I also recognize that the bald look is probably more iconic for Morph.

Yeah, that's kind of where I sit too... I think I might just do both, have the bald version because it's more iconic, but do alternates with hair because that's how I see him.

Cyber Burn

Both Professor X and Morph are looking great 'Mato. Sorry I didn't comment sooner.

Tomato

Finally found a jacket I'm more happy with (I was using Syn's Red hood jacket, but I wanted the gap in the front a bit wider) and that's about all I have left for Morph (Y'know, other then the blasted extras... but I finally have a rough idea for the brick wall segment, so it's all good)

Core of Morph's outfit is mainly based on his Exiles run, though obviously with changes here and there. Especially the no cape thing.

laughing paradox

Professor X looks severe, but I kind of like that. It's like he's reprimanding Bobby for putting ice in Hank's shorts or something.

Morph is shaping up nicely. I like the blue tones personally, but was the comic edition a bit brighter?

Tomato

Typically, but I've seen it colored a more faded blue on occasion. I tried to keep it somewhere in the middle, but I'd rather it look good then worry about technicalities.

But as to this skin... I apologize in advance for this, but I might have to put this on hold for a bit. Work's got me working every day through the weekend, and I've got stuff going on with my appt as well. So yeah, we'll see.

Outcast

Unbelievable work on their faces Tomato. I'm not too familiar with Morph but Professor X's face is uncannily just like....well Professor X. :blink: Even without the costume, one could easily say it's Professor X. Amazing! :o

Tomato

Ok, so. I might be letting the cat out of the bag a bit early here, but I have consulted with some people about moving my skins/meshes from their current home on NPI to another website, which means I have another reason to put Morph on the backburner for the moment (I still plan to have him done by the time everything officially goes up, but I'm also going back through a ton of my older releases and getting them nice and polished for the re-release). However, lest you guys think I'm slacking off...

I'm also dusting off some old projects too.

Outcast

Looks pretty cool to me. Kid Rocket unmasked. I like the hair. Maybe making a mesh/skin of him in his civilian identity as well would be great too. Well, you can use that, if ever you feel like making a mod or mini mod for him. Just saying. :)

Your webpage at NPI looks great. I hope there's not going to be any problems with NPI though.

Tomato

Well I'm releasing this version as well, but it's more a preview of the full skin... Ch'nybe was a similar situation, with the superhero outfit and a more... kingdom hearts style outfit (the "Darek" skin on NPI). All 5 members of Influx have similar alternate outfits, and I'll probably hold back on re-releasing them until I get those done.

Tomato

Teasers of the Tomato and Kid Rocket packs. Off to work I go

Edit: Ch'nybe preview added. This was actually a huge pain to get working... KR and Tomato were more or less designed with an all-in-one skope in mind, but I made the Ch'nybe and Darek skins as completely separate entities. Getting them on a single skope, getting appropriate animations working, and then finding a way to get Darek's head on Ch'nybe's body via alpha channels... meh.

Outcast

Sounds like a lot of work indeed. But i guess that's just how custom heroes are. I didn't notice or realize that Kid Rocket and Ch'nybe were half elf and even related to each other until now. (Just read your background information on each and found it very interesting.)  :cool:

Tomato

Actually, those bios are something I made sure to include with the re-releases... each individual skin has its own bio, and the bios for characters with multiple skins (including "unmasked" versions) each have their own story to tell about the characters from that period.

Oh, and speaking of things people might not know... got another all-in-one skope finished.

For those who don't remember, I teased Teknos as the fourth member of Electric Freedom, way back when I was actually trying to get an Influx mod together, as a former EF member I'd "been in contact with" and who had contributed an altered version of his avatar for the first few levels of the mod. Though, I really didn't have to go too far for that, since the fourth member I pulled from Electric Freedom was Antmananext... aka me.

Outcast

Cool looking avatars Tomato. Looking forward to reading their bios and stories. :)

UnkoMan

What? Ch'nybe was an elf this whole time!?!
Wait, is he an adult Kid Rocket?

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on April 10, 2013, 04:08:27 AM
What? Ch'nybe was an elf this whole time!?!
Wait, is he an adult Kid Rocket?

They're both Half-human, but yes.

No, he is not. Admittedly, calling them "Brothers" is an oversimplification, but the fact that they're on the same team at the same time would mean that if they were the same person, there'd be some crazy time travel hi-jinx going on that I don't really want to contemplate.

Cyber Burn

Great all-in-one skopes you've got going on there 'Mato, I'm really intrigued to see where the new releases will end up as well.

Tomato

So, long story short, I'm stuck home with a case of sick (sinus infection, has had me up and down all week) so today I took some time out of setting up my new display shelf (I've been working on building this thing for a few months now) to put in a bit of work on Morph.

Skinned his hair. gonna keep bald as an alt.

Helix

You're diiiithspicable! Really. Nobody's skins should look that smooth. It just ain't right.

Tomato

Still need to add the "X" patch and skin the under-jacket (I need to skin a jacket on the regular male_basic  for some of the anims.)

Podmark

Looks great, a fine addition to the ranks of the X-Men.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Great texture on the jacket "Mato, I love the smirk as well.

Tomato

I've still got tons of work on the extras, but I'll save that for later... I'm in the middle of writing a guide to using hypothetical violence on the internet.

Bloodshadow

That is amazing!Awesome Morph Tomato :cool:
The smirk is great,reminds me of the 90's cartoon,very cool.

BentonGrey

Ha, nice!  He looks just like brainwashed Morph from the animated series.  The expression is perfect.  I totally didn't call him, but that's a nice addition. 

'Mato, those Xavier skins are some of the most excellent examples of face work I've ever seen.  Those are perfect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

That's a very cool skin, the face expression and the jacket are outstanding.

AfghanAnt

I am not familiar with it, but I love the blue/teal Xavier costume.

And yaah! Morph. He was one of my favorite of the cartoon as well. I'm really surprised no one tried to resurrect him for 616.

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 15, 2013, 11:45:43 AM
I'm really surprised no one tried to resurrect him for 616.

Good point. He was a favorite of mine in that show too.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page