News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I know they had the one floating around in Exiles, but I would like to have seen a modern take on the TAS morph.

Anyway, some news:

-Mahty and Marauder might not make it up temporarily. I want to do the three packs with them like I have with the other members of Influx, so I need to go back and skope/skin the other outfits.
-Unfortunately, the Movie-style X-men skins did not survive the death of one of my portable drives. I've probably lost my phoenix skin as well, but I'll double check on that one.
-My Ultimate Spiderman skin will not be going up on the new site. I only kept it around because I was the only one to do an USM skin, but I have no real desire to update it and AA's recent one is a ton better than mine.
-I will be slowly updating all my Female base meshes to the new "Female_Basic_TM2" style, as well as updating Mahty and Detourne to use the new mesh. So if you want the old style female mesh, you'll have to go to NPI.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on May 30, 2013, 08:31:10 PM

-Unfortunately, the Movie-style X-men skins did not survive the death of one of my portable drives. I've probably lost my phoenix skin as well, but I'll double check on that one.

That's a shame, I went back and checked out your old skin thread at ToF, Wolverine was looking pretty good.

martialstorm

I feel your pain with the computer crash, it can be very disheartening. Love the Morph work btw  :)

Tomato

Well... Portable HD crash, but it amounts to the same thing. I actually lost the CSA stuff I had too (including that WIP Ultraman I previewed) but luckily all of that had either been released or I still had the max files. I've since updated my native HD to 1 tb, so I won't have to keep playing games with the portable drives crashing after a year or so.

Also, I have a preview of my new page up on tumblr that is totally legit and isn't faked at all.

spydermann93

Haha, that preview is simply amazing, Tomato! :lol:

Tomato

Everything with the except for the aforementioned "lost skins" and WL Deadman (I do plan on releasing him, but I still need to make portraits and stuff for him and I don't feel like doing that right now.) has just been released.

BigD

Cheer up dude, the same yet similar thing happened to me recently when I was playing :ff: my secondary hard drive suddenly failed and caused my system to either crash or shut down unexpectedly and when I tried to reboot my computer it wouldn't load the operating system :mellow:. Pathetic isn't it <_<! The good news is that recently that the computer repair crew at their shop removed the dead secondary hard drive from my computer, thankfully my whole game with the meshes and skins were not on there and I was able to play my game again without any problems :D. Anyways, don't feel bad about it and I'm pretty sure you'll figure something out soon enough. Until then, peace out my friend and be cool ;). Oh and one more thing...  :) SMILE IT WILL GET BETTER! :)

BigD
:cool:

Tomato

er... I'm not worried about it, and the situation is already better (my laptop has a 1tb hard drive now, I'm not hurting for space) it's just that I lost work that I had previewed and that some people might have been looking forward to. I feel bad for them, not for me.

Amazo Version 2.2

i remeber that wolverine skin that cyber burn mentioned, it's a shame tha you lost that one. i am glad to see you up on heroforce though, youre a great addition to the site.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Tomato

So one of the things you all might have noticed that, of all the avatars on this board, there is one avatar of note that I have never skinned. It's partly a matter of intimidation, but also the fact that, in all honesty... I had nothing new to really add to it. I feel like the design is fantastic as-is, I'm not nearly talented enough at skinning to do the design any better, so it was always one of those avatars I kind of put up on the shelf until I had something to add it it.

Well, needless to say, that's changed now... so, without further rambling, I introduce my WIP of...

GINGERBREAD COURTNALL 6!

martialstorm

Looks like it was fun to make Tomato...and tasty too!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BigD

A very interesting design, and a very interesting yet odd and weird character of yours Tomato. I really like your own version of Gingerbread Courtnall6, he looks so cool and furthermore he looks like something that came out of a monster making machine almost. I'm not saying that he's freaky or whatever, but what I'm saying is that he would make an interesting character for anyone's character roster lineup if they had a chance to own Gingerbread Courtnall6 for themselves for example. This character would even be used for either a monster based character or a strange yet villainous based character, but still he gets an A+ in my books. I hope you work the details out along with the finishing touches on Gingerbread Courtnall6 at your own pace Tomato, and I hope you will have more ideas in the way of meshes and/or skins come our way whenever you get to it after it pops up in your head in the form of an ideal design. Until we meet again, peace out and I'll see you later ;).

BigD

P.S. I just wanted to let you know that Gingerbread Courtnall6 is marvelous and he is awesome :thumbup:.

Cyber Burn

I do have to say that when I saw the name of the thread change ("Gotta catch them all"), I half expected to see something to do with Pokemon.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 09, 2013, 09:26:34 PM
I do have to say that when I saw the name of the thread change ("Gotta catch them all"), I half expected to see something to do with Pokemon.

Haha, me too :P

Needless to say, I am pleasantly surprised. :D

Tomato

Well, I actually opted for that name because the whole thing started as a pokemon joke, so it made sense.

BTW, this is really just a WIP, I plan of doing most of the details... whenever I get around to finishing it.

AfghanAnt

Tomato

*Blows dust off thread*

So, this is the first of two skins I'll be working on. Now, before anyone gets confused, this is quite obviously NOT Jason David Frank, nor is it Shiro Izumi (original Sentai actor), but is actually Linkara, "star" of a web series I'm rather fond of dressed in the Green Ranger costume (if you watch the show you'd understand). Now, tbh, these are mostly "me" skins (I highly doubt anyone else will want them) just because it gives me an excuse to play with jnman078's awesome ranger meshes and do something unique with them.

And before anyone points it out... yes, the shield will be present on the final skin, it's just too distracting to have it on unskinned.

deano_ue

nice mate. i'm a linkara fan as well and like yourself i thought about maybe giving his characters a try in FF. the likes of harvey,90's and vice i think could work well in the game

the face work is great, and aside from the jagged edges on the white which i'm sure will be fixed i cant see anything that needs tweaking

Podmark

He looks weird without his hat  ;) Otherwise great work on the face, I can totally tell it's him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BigD

Tomato that is looking great for a version of Linkara even if he's on a web series, and above all I like how you're working with it plus I like the progress on it and the way it looks. I agree with the_ultimate_evil (TUE) on this one along with another thing on what he said, first the face work does look great and above all at least the many situations such as the jagged edges and such can be smoothed out to make it look better and above all as I agree with Podmark as well he does look weird without his hat but otherwise great work on the face. Second, Linkara should give his characters a chance and a try to be in :ff: one way or another and hopefully they would work out well in the game and even if they don't it's the thought that counts. Depending on which mesh's standard skin in the form of a costume, suit or whatever is being used on him I think testing the different costumes in the form of the standard skins of meshes would give you an idea on what's going on and how it would come out in the process. Great job by the way Tomato, and I do hope that you will keep up the good work and bring some more of your most interesting works.

BigD

detourne_me

He looks pretty good Tomato!
trouble is, i tried to watch a few of his shows... don't think i'll be doing that again though. not my style.

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on August 25, 2013, 03:31:25 PM
He looks weird without his hat  ;) Otherwise great work on the face, I can totally tell it's him.

I know! Unfortunately though, he doesn't wear a hat under the PR helmet, so adding it wouldn't be canon to this look.

Quickie update before I go get food to live on, should fix most of the jaggedy-ness. What's left is mostly warping from the mesh, and even that's going to be covered by the shield later on.

Tomato

Last one for right now. Gonna livestream some YJ for a couple of my friends in a minute, anyone's welcome to join in (the link will be posted to tumblr in a minute)

Tomato

So I'm going to attempt something today... depending on how well my computer can handle it, I'd like to livestream a bit of skinning magicness. I'm gonna do a bit right now (until my mountain dew wears off) and a bit more later in the afternoon after I've slept a bit. I'll be playing some music in the background (nothing major, a few PR tracks and some amazing Orchestral Pokemon music), but I'll have my computer's microphone on so I don't have to stop my workflow to chat.

Url is www.livestream.com/tomatoisjp , should be starting shortly

Edit: Stream's ended for now, I got the Dragon Shield done. As I said, I'm gonna try to do another later on (whenever I wake up until about 5p) but we'll see.

Amazo Version 2.2

this is very cool tomato. are the glasses skinned on or meshed on? i cant tell
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BigD

I agree with Amazo Version 2.2 on this one Tomato, so far it's looking good for the mesh itself plus Linkara himself is looking sharp along with the way he is looking so far and above all you did an excellent job putting the dragon shield on him plus I was also wondering about the glasses skinned on or meshed either way like Amazo said. Above all, it's looking awesome so far and I do hope that the final design and touch ups to this one will be good enough to enjoy and live by. Good job so far Tomato, I hope you get this one squared away and done for us to see the final preview when it is done.

BigD

Tomato

Glasses are just skinned on. I thought about doing a mesh, at least for the frames, but I felt like this turned out good enough that it wasn't necessary.

Finished this during the second stream, which ran from about 5p-7p, but no one showed up. Shame.