News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

This is a fairly early WIP (still need to age up the face/hair, and mesh out the insignia piece.) but the last one in the pack is coming along. I'd maybe have tried to finish it over the course of today, but my real job has people calling out left and right because hey, why bother showing up for your scheduled work times when people who should have the weekend off can be strongarmed into doing some overtime. So yeah, I'm gonna try and take a nap, blah.

Of note: I was considering doing the more bun-ish haircut (sorry I'm not a guru of women's hairstyle names) of E3 Superwoman's early appearances, but again, Perez' artwork depicts her with a more traditional hairstyle.

windblown

Tomato

I've still got some work to do here, but in the meantime, I've put a lot of thought into what I want to skin after finishing this pack. For better or worse, I've decided to hold off, temporarily mind you, on the CSA stuff. This is not because I'm any less fanatical about doing the CSA, oh no... I fully intend to do these skin packs until I am old, buried, and turned into a zombie that delights in feasting on the hearts of Scott Lobdell and those like him. But the next skin on my to-do list is quite obviously the "last" hero to stand against the Crime Syndicate, Lex Luthor. He was the only other character in the original Earth 3, and has been a fundamental part of most later stories involving the Syndicate. But since I believe that the cloaked prisoner with the CSA is their Luthor, I'm gonna hold off until he's revealed.

In the meantime... I've decided to switch gears and do a few marvel skins. I'm not going to tell who he is yet, but those who have been reading my Antimato blog might be able to figure it out. Even for those who aren't reading it, it might be pretty obvious who they are.

detourne_me

Deaths Jester

'Mato, not to make this sound wrong or such but Superwoman looks a bit like she needs some exlax or maybe some wrinkle cream.....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

After reading your AntiMato blog, I would love to see updates to some of those characters (Though nothing against Pod's skins, because I loved those).

As to Super Woman, is her rope usable in the animations?

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on December 23, 2013, 08:52:36 AM
oooh, she nyaaasty!
Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 23, 2013, 03:12:23 PM
'Mato, not to make this sound wrong or such but Superwoman looks a bit like she needs some exlax or maybe some wrinkle cream.....

This is supposed to be a Superwoman running around in her 60s or 70s (aka: about the same age as E2 Superman before the n52 reboot). My intent was to make her look like... well, an old whore, tbh.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 23, 2013, 06:15:31 PM
After reading your AntiMato blog, I would love to see updates to some of those characters (Though nothing against Pod's skins, because I loved those).

Not that I don't love one-uping Podmark, the skins I'm planning on doing have not been done by anyone else before. at least as far as I'm aware

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 23, 2013, 06:15:31 PM
As to Super Woman, is her rope usable in the animations?

Kind of/not really? I based both Superwoman skopes on AA's Wonder Woman, so it does have lasso animations, but the lasso at her belt doesn't disappear for those animations.

Podmark

Well you've certainly captured the aged look you were after. And I love that winged logo, did you make that yourself?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on December 27, 2013, 06:43:40 PM
Well you've certainly captured the aged look you were after. And I love that winged logo, did you make that yourself?

Eeeyup. Based on artwork by George Perez.

detourne_me

She is pretty freaking awesome Tomato. I didn't mean to offend.  I was thinking that that was something Donna from Parks and Rec would say. 

Once she's released I may try to skope on a lasso for the animations, following windblowns tutorial if that interests you.

Tomato

Offend? I wasn't offended, that was exactly the reaction I wanted. You were right, she's SUPPOSED to look nasty, that's the entire point.

That's fine, but wouldn't it be better to just animate it so the one on her belt is removed, that way you can use an FX lasso during the animation? *shrug* If you do that though, it might be worth doing it on the already released version first, since this one is based on the same skope and they're both based on AA's Wonder Woman.

Edit: Hrm, it just occurred to me... you might not be able to skope the animations using windblown's tutorial. I made both skopes with the intent that they be  :ff: compatible, whereas windblown's tutorial is  :ffvstr: based.

laughing paradox

Cyber Burn

Superwoman looks fantastic. But like I said, I am a sucker for anything CSA.

AfghanAnt

I just grabs all of the CSA work and I'm really impressed with them. You can tell this collection was labor of love.

Tomato

Thanks guys, I appreciated it.

For those who haven't seen it, I've released the first (fingers crossed on more, right?) CLA pack on heroforce a week or so ago. I'm hard at work on the next few skins/meshes already, and I'm super excited for posting them... but for once, I'm going to hold off on previews until I'm basically done.

spydermann93

Quote from: Tomato on January 03, 2014, 07:24:17 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciated it.

For those who haven't seen it, I've released the first (fingers crossed on more, right?) CLA pack on heroforce a week or so ago. I'm hard at work on the next few skins/meshes already, and I'm super excited for posting them... but for once, I'm going to hold off on previews until I'm basically done.

Darn!

Tomato

So, I couldn't stop myself... Having finally finished the meshwork (and some of the skinwork) I HAD to show off what I've been working on. That said, this will probably be the only preview I do until the skin is done.

Hope you enjoy it.

Podmark

Well I'm pretty sure I know what you're up to ;)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yeah, it's almost like I named myself after him for years :P

In all seriousness, I'm actually almost done, just have a few extras to finish up (amazing what I can do when I'm not posting previews every five minutes, huh?). I should be able to crank out the rest of it either tonight or tomorrow depending on how late I sleep in.

AfghanAnt

Tomato

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Tomato

AfghanAnt

Is this your Red Ant character with a new design?

Deaths Jester

OHHHHH...Antman during his "armoured" time with the FF...nice!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 06, 2014, 03:25:07 PM

Is that who this is? I've never seen this design before.

Tomato

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 06, 2014, 03:25:07 PM

Ummm... what? No DJ.

This is quite literally the A-next/MC2 version of Scott Lang, aka Antman. He only showed up as Antman in issue #8 of the original A-next series (though he's been an important member of the supporting cast, since his daughter was a founding member of the new team), but it left such a huge impression on me at the time that I chose my original username based on him. Ink and I came up with Red Ant later on, because I couldn't exactly claim a trademarked character "mine" when it came to the big events and things.

laughing paradox

Nice job on Ants.

I really like A-Next and wanted to skin the whole team for a long while. I even liked the evil Pincer version they introduced later on.

I have an American Dream skope just collecting dust on my laptop.